I received a response from my email to the AD

I received a response from my email to the AD

• A cut a paste response:

Thank you for sharing your candid thoughts. We appreciate your passion and support of USC Athletics.

We are committed to ensuring that our football program competes at the highest level. We are focused on strategic enhancements that will fuel competitiveness, player development and results.

Our student-athletes are deserving of our collective, unequivocal support. Loyal Trojans like you are the foundation as they strive to fight on to victory!

Mike

• Discussion
  • I got exactly the same one.

• At least Swann gave me a customized response to my outrage about scheduling UC Davis. BUT, your email was no doubt virtually identical to 10,000 others he received. "Susie, send out email 7b, not c!"

• Yep, got the same one too...

• I'd rather be ignored than sent a soulless form letter.

Bush League Bohn is gonna retain ConMan.

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 8 days ago

• I don't know how he wins in this position. Fans have asked for all fans to email him. He may have received 10,000 emails. He is being asked to fire Helton and hire UM which requires a lot of attention. Dealing with contract terminations, lawyers, contact with Meyer's agent, finding a backup plan, ect ect and yet fans, thousands of fans want him to stop and write personal emails. He also is being accused of not moving fast enough so I guess responding to all those emails individually wouldn't have slowed things down.

• Hockey10 said... (original post) I don't know how he wins in this position. Fans have asked for all fans to email him. He may have received 10,000 emails. He is being asked t...

It would have been a better idea to actually craft a few real responses, even 25 or so, send out a few free shirts, etc.

A few people would have shared those via social media and he would have came off a lot better than everyone sharing how they got the same bunk *ss, souless, say nothing form letter like they are in this thread.

Heritage Hall is full of bush leaguers so they do things the generic, corporate way, like they're Proctor and Gamble or something. Proctor and Gamble probably at least sends out Tide coupons to a few the folks who write in.

• Raygoza said... (original post) A cut a paste response:Thank you for sharing your candid thoughts. We appreciate your passion and support of USC Athletics.We are committed to ensu...

Not only is that boiler plate, but I would be surprised if he wrote it. Probably an intern about 17 layers down wrote it (then texted his mom right after), and Bohn glanced at it and gave it the go-ahead. But hell, who cares, you registered your opinion, good for you.

But you could have sent a recipe for meat loaf, using the subject title Clay Helton, and I bet you would have received the same response

• So let's say he did write 25 actual responses and send jerseys and hats to those fans. How do we know that they are people who post on message boards? I know lots of fans who don't read or post on the boards. He has much bigger fish to fry then reading all the emails and responding. He knows why he was hired to come here.

• Heres what i received.

I am currently out of the office, please await any announcements from ESPN.
    Thank You
    AD

• TROJANZ said... (original post) Heres what i received.I am currently out of the office, please await any announcements from ESPN. Thank YouAD

You laugh, but I remember during Desert Storm, one of the generals was asked at a press conference if he knew whether the Iraqis had done something and he said, "We watch CNN, too, so you know what we know."

• Hockey10 said... (original post) So let's say he did write 25 actual responses and send jerseys and hats to those fans. How do we know that they are people who post on message boa...

1. You're assuming he has to actually write it. It just has to not sound aggressively like a form letter. It doesn't even have to be long, and in fact when it's short and not form letterish it seems realer.

2. People like free sh*t and they like thinking that they're hearing back from important people. They tell others. This is literally the overshare era. If you send 25 people a decent reply and a free shirt/keychain/whatever guarantee you at least 5 share it on social media and/or tell at least 5 friends. No one would keep it to themselves. These are people writing to an AD. They have friends, tailgate buddies, alumni group friends, etc. They are passionate about USC Football. They would definitely hype up thsg they heard back personally from the new AD.

3. He's still a salesman even as an AD. His product is USC Athletics. He needs to hire coaches, sell USC Athletics, rep the university, etc. etc.

• Me too generic response

• Ray,, what did you expect? Come over to the house, have dinner, smoke a few Cubanas and bang my wife.
    Mike

• Not all people are the same. Personally I don't brag and I wouldn't go on the message boards telling people what I got. Especially if I thought others didn't get anything. Having someone else write letters is better then him reading them? How? Same thing to me. It would be being ignored and if you sent me a free shirt on top of that it would add injury to insult. Going out and firing Helton and hiring a HC (hopefully UM) would be responding to the emails to me. That was the purpose and intent of the emails and the only response I care about. Not an email response and free stuff.

• Raygoza said... (original post) A cut a paste response:Thank you for sharing your candid thoughts. We appreciate your passion and support of USC Athletics.We are committed to ensu...

Mike is a loser and the wrong hire.

His response to you is F**k you.

F**k loyal football fans.

• Hockey10 said... (original post) So let's say he did write 25 actual responses and send jerseys and hats to those fans. How do we know that they are people who post on messag...

I wonder if he does know. Or, if he does, I wonder if wishes he would have stayed put? Proof's in the pudding.

• Hockey10 said... (original post) Not all people are the same. Personally I don't brag and I wouldn't go on the message boards telling people what I got. Especially if I thought ot...

Notice I said 5 of 25.

You're not one of the 5.

Your type was already accounted for.

• I got a different reply from Bohn altogether...

Dear TLK,

Damn, man. You're absolutely right! Clay Helton is a fukcing bum. I don't know why I didn't see it before your passionate e-mail alerted me to this little-known fact. Thank you for your passion all you do toward Trojan athletics.

Sincerely,

Mike

• oldmanjay66 said... (original post) Ray,, what did you expect? Come over to the house, have dinner, smoke a few Cubanas and bang my wife.Mike

That was the first email response I got. Then I noticed I emailed Mike Bone not Mike Bohn.