Is Pittman really hurt?

Is Pittman really hurt?

• Sprained ankle, or taking care of his body leading up to the draft?

Just askin,.. Can see this happening with other players as we watch the remainder of the season wind down. Especially with a lame duck coach.

F.O.........

• Discussion
  • Players quitting. This seems to be a recurring theme the past several years. It only solidifies and backs up my claim the USC needs to recruit football players. USC needs to stop recruiting these weak minded kids and recruit kids who will fight on thru anything

• DeMatDeTes said... (original post) Players quitting. This seems to be a recurring theme the past several years. It only solidifies and backs up my claim the USC needs to recruit f...

Apparently you have no idea who Michael Pittman is.

• DeMatDeTes said... (original post) Players quitting. This seems to be a recurring theme the past several years. It only solidifies and backs up my claim the USC needs to recruit f...

I haven’t seen any players quit. They may not win but I’m not questioning their character

• erdnad said... (original post) Apparently you have no idea who Michael Pittman is.

Pittman is a very physical player - tough dude - but I wouldn't doubt if he was calling it in so he could start getting ready for the combine and draft. And I wouldn't blame him for a second.

• "Is Pittman really hurt?"

Maybe he's in Clay's dog house again.

If Pittman is hurt it might be news to him.

• troy75 said... (original post) Sprained ankle, or taking care of his body leading up to the draft? Just askin,.. Can see this happening with other players as we watch the remainde...

Pittman strikes me as being tough, honest, and a player. I don't see him faking anything at all.

• I didn't even know he was supposed to be hurt.

• eftzoons said... (original post) I didn't even know he was supposed to be hurt.

Question: "How is your son's injury coming along?"

Michael Pittman Sr.: " My son is injured? That's news to me and him"

Please show us here how one weeds out the 'weak mined kids' during the recruiting process.

• FightOn714 said... (original post) I haven’t seen any players quit. They may not win but I’m not questioning their character

This ,x 100
  • poodlemothra said... (original post) Please show us here how one weeds out the 'weak mined kids' during the recruiting process.

Exactly lol
  • Wtf. Isnt he a captain? Internet accusations gone wild

• erdnad said... (original post) Apparently you have no idea who Michael Pittman is.

Not bashing Pittman at all, year in and year out we hear about players quiting on the team or taking games off because they are upset(Pollard/Edoga). I actually wish we had more players like Pittman.
  • poodlemothra said... (original post) Please show us here how one weeds out the 'weak mined kids' during the recruiting process.

Its not hard. Go to the actual games, actually talk to them. OG is another ME player. Echols is soft af and is more concerend about social media and grinding on his fraternity brothers. Benton and Hewitt are weak minded and not 100% about football. Langley had all sorts of red flags and could tell he didnt take ish seriously. Chase Williams might be right there too.
    Im ready for the new coach to recruit actual football players.

This post was edited by DeMatDeTes 12 days ago

• How could i forget JT. Hes captain weak mind and not 100% into football.

• HC's make real football players. Allowing the inmates to run the asylum causes this. When players show up to a program where there is a serious football program being run you don't have these issues. When seniority plays over best players, mistakes aren't punished, and you have a coach who doesn't know how to run a program you have repeated problems. Soon all of this will be corrected.

Some ways I agree with you but then again he is playing for Helton.

Why risk millions for a damn coach who probably already costs you millions?

I say sit it out Pittman. You have done enough for USC. Stay healthy and get that money!

• FightOn714 said... (original post) I haven’t seen any players quit. They may not win but I’m not questioning their character

Definitely quit against the Ducks once the beating started but I don’t really blame them.

This post was edited by usctrojanglory 12 days ago

• usctrojanglory said... (original post) Definitely quit against the Ducks once the beating started but I don’t really blame them.

they quit because the coaches have not installed any toughness in them.

• I would think any last shred of confidence that the players had in the Clown evaporated the moment he kicked the ball deep with 15 seconds left in the first half.

• hparas said... (original post) Some ways I agree with you but then again he is playing for Helton. Why risk millions for a damn coach who probably already costs you millions?I say ...

This attitude is exactly why college football is going to suck once the players start getting paid. Some players (most players not in the playoffs) are going to be content with saving themselves for the NFL and not care about their educations.They won't feel they owe the colleges anything although the colleges gave them scholarships. The elite players will have money and no reason to play if they aren't contending for a championship or major Bowl game. Downvote away but mark my words.
  • Hockey10 said... (original post) This attitude is exactly why college football is going to suck once the players start getting paid. Some players (most players not in the playoffs...

I am pretty sure though if the players were in title contention or in the playoffs, it would be obligatory to play since the NFL will still be judging their character. Helton will NEVER be in that situation so I think any smart GM would undestand why a player would not risk his health and millions with nothing at stake. I am not totally against it as individuals because their bodies are on the line, not ours.

This post was edited by hparas 12 days ago

• DeMatDeTes said... (original post) Its not hard. Go to the actual games, actually talk to them. OG is another ME player. Echols is soft af and is more concerend about social media ...

What are you basing your takes on? Are you a student? Are you "following" these guys on social media?

• hparas said... (original post) I am pretty sure though if the players were in title contention or in the playoffs, it would be obligatory to play since the NFL will still be judgi...

USC still has a chance to make it to a Bowl game. A lame one but it still gives the team extra practices. An opportunity for a new coach to evaluate his team and develop players. At one time Pittman was that player who needed and benefited from these practices. He has also excepted years of benefits from USC. He can atleast finish his commitment to them. He knew of USC's situation when he committed and he chose to come. He is a captain and it would be wrong to show the younger players this kind of leadership. I personally don't think he will quit on his team. I sincerely hope he doesn't. I just can't stand the me first attitude in today's society.

This post was edited by Hockey10 12 days ago

• Hockey10 said... (original post) USC still has a chance to make it to a Bowl game. A lame one but it still gives the team extra practices. An opportunity for a new coach to evalua...

Never turn down additional practices. Agreed