JT Daniels

JT Daniels

• stoptothink said... (original post)Cool, I'm sure everybody is just shocked that is your take.

"JD" has the remarkable ability to completely fail at seeing the real issue, then focusing his reply on meaningless tripe. The only issue is which state produces the most "turn-key" players for college, and which state takes football more seriously: Texas or California. And it's not close. Football is king in Texas, and for all intents and purposes, it's still 1955 there as far as football is concerned. California has some great HS programs but they are more scattered outposts of excellence, and not equivalent to the religion of football in Texas. There are good reasons Friday Night Lights is/was set in Texas.

• TroyJD said... (original post)The truth is a ******, isn't it?

Congrats white virtue signaler, you managed to turn something totally unrelated to race at all into an opportunity to express your moral superiority. I am very thankful for all of you rich white people educating us poor ignorant dark folk about how we have been oppressed our entire lives; without you, I never would have known.

This post was edited by stoptothink 4 months ago

• How on Earth did he inject race into this? What a conversation derailer.

• BlackLeftLeft said... (original post)How on Earth did he inject race into this? What a conversation derailer.

I am almost convinced he and Rosie are the same person.

• stoptothink said... (original post)Congrats white virtue signaler, you managed to turn something totally unrelated to race at all into an opportunity to express your moral superio...

Yes, sports is IMMUNE from the factors that affect ordinary life in the US. Well, if the current racial unrest contributes to ressurgeance of the corona virus, there won't be any sports the rest of this year. Maybe we ought to think about righting some of the things that are wrong in this country. Just sayin'.

Some people think sports is the salve for what ails us. Like everything else, it is dictated by financial concerns and human failings. The building boom in HS football began in 1977 for the reasons I stated, not as a testament to the superiority of Texas prep football. If you doubt that, try a google search.

And, if you think I am speaking out of "white guilt" or some other half-baked theory, you are wrong on many levels.

• ScPa5 said... (original post)Looks like he’s going To UGA and probably will be starting next year .

Jamie Newman can start with a very large but young OL.

JT can start the next season with a better OL and the best TE in college football.

• TroyJD said... (original post)Yes, sports is IMMUNE from the factors that affect ordinary life in the US. Well, if the current racial unrest contributes to ressurgeance of the cor...

Yup, you're Rosie.

• TroyJD said... (original post)Yes, sports is IMMUNE from the factors that affect ordinary life in the US. Well, if the current racial unrest contributes to ressurgeance of the cor...

You do know this is a football board where all things football are discussed?

You may want to head over to the off topic board...
  • When someone said Texas produces better players because of their dedication to the game (paraphrased) as evidenced by their huge football venues, I thought my comment was very ON topic.

• TroyJD said... (original post)When someone said Texas produces better players because of their dedication to the game (paraphrased) as evidenced by their huge football venues, I t...

"Tone deaf" is one of the words of the day. You are that.

• TroyJD said... (original post)When someone said Texas produces better players because of their dedication to the game (paraphrased) as evidenced by their huge football venues, I t...

Here are the salient points.

1. Texas takes high school football more seriously than California.

2. As an off-shoot of the above, they tend to produce players more ready for college "out of the box" than California does (and I expressly said Wide Receivers excepted).

3. Your "point" that many high school football stadiums were built for budgetary reasons is irrelevant. For one, does ANYONE think that if Cali schools ran surpluses they would build football stadiums with the excess? Chances are they would beef up Planned Parenthood's presence at schools, begin sex ed at age 5, then promote field hockey or girl's cross country. Part of Plato's and Aristotle's objections to sophists was that they "tried to make the weaker points the stronger." That is you in a nutshell. Many posters here have already testified they had lived in Texas and could attest to how the state views high school football. So unless you have a real argument to counter that, you're done. Unplug yourself.

• stoptothink said... (original post)"Tone deaf" is one of the words of the day. You are that.

At least one of us can read.

• sec13graphics said... (original post)everything is being worked through. That's all I know. But there is anticipation/talk that he could play this year.

Cool.

• stoptothink said... (original post)Congrats white virtue signaler, you managed to turn something totally unrelated to race at all into an opportunity to express your moral superio...

How about us poor white folks? Ha ha

• stoptothink said... (original post)Have you ever been to Texas? I grew up in LA, then lived in Houston for 5yrs; pre-high school football is bigger in Texas, by several magnitudes ...

Yes I also lived in Texas. Houston to be exact. I'm just stating what the top scouts say about development in high school. Not our opinion, but what scouts say. Just so you are clear I never said California or Texas was better high school football. I said kids are more developed coming out of high school. Kids don't get developed just in high school football. Most start extremely young and attend camps and play in league's their whole lives. High school football is 4 years of development.

This post was edited by CalSCBrown76 4 months ago

• CalSCBrown76 said... (original post)Yes I also lived in Texas. Houston to be exact. I'm just stating what the top scouts say about development in high school. Not our opinion...

What scouts? Links to support your opinion?

• stoptothink said... (original post)What scouts? Links to support your opinion?

When I have time I'll find it, but it was about bleacher report had stats saying Texas was 1, Florida was 2 and California was 3 in quality players in college. They said Florida players are more raw and not as developed and Texas is huge and yes football in high school is huge. They were just talking about development. I'll try to find it. I just looked and cant find exact article right this minute. It could have been max prep and if you look the Trinity league (Mater Dei, Basco etc) is the toughest high school football league in America.

This post was edited by CalSCBrown76 4 months ago

• Double coverage looking at Brock in the elite 11 like...

DuGNToPUwAA68nO.jpg

• sec13graphics said... (original post)Do they need a top shelf QB to get to the NC? They got there with Fromm and he is 2nd tier or lower. There will be a lot of quality around him...

Ridiculous, Fromm was a 4 star rated QB out of HS and was drafted 167th by the Bills. It's very unlikely Daniels ever makes it to the NFL

• poodlemothra said... (original post)Ridiculous, Fromm was a 4 star rated QB out of HS and was drafted 167th by the Bills. It's very unlikely Daniels ever makes it to the NFL

Smart does like to blow teams out to get style points for the rankings.

Double Coverage will get some garbage time but he will remain #3 on their depth chart.

He is not better than Carson Beck...
  • Brock Vandagriff to double coverage after the elite 11 rankings...

giphy (73).gif

• poodlemothra said... (original post)Ridiculous, Fromm was a 4 star rated QB out of HS and was drafted 167th by the Bills. It's very unlikely Daniels ever makes it to the NFL

167th or 5th round is 2nd tier. First tier would be the QB they drafted 2 years ago. I know someone who has privately trained Fromm, Allen and Daniels. Fromm comes in 3rd place. We will see about Daniels in the NFL.

• GusFring505 said... (original post)Smart does like to blow teams out to get style points for the rankings.Double Coverage will get some garbage time but he will remain #3 on their ...

We will see about that.

• sec13graphics said... (original post)We will see about that.

LOL at you thinking double coverage is the next Joe Burrow.

Because that happens every season in college football right?

Matt Corral is next in 2021...

giphy (74).gif
  • GusFring505 said... (original post)LOL at you thinking double coverage is the next Joe Burrow.Because that happens every season in college football right?Matt Corral is next in 20...

I never said he would do what Joe did. But they have a lot of commonalities.

Funny you should mention Matt Corral. I'm the one who said he would never make it to his first day at SC.