Luke Fickell USC future HC?

Luke Fickell USC future HC?

Arrow0
  • Which explains why he turned down the Michigan State job.

He only has a few years left on his 2.4 mil a year contract.

Fickell as HC and Tressell as DC could be homerun hires.

Hire a OC who runs the rpo offense and prefers mobile qb's and USC will be back winning championships....
  • Discussion
  • Possible --- but do you think Bohn is running these assistant hires past Fickell right now? Like maybe Fix won't get all the new assistants he wants right away and will have to make due for a while? Eh?

F.O...……...

• troy75 said... (original post)Possible --- but do you think Bohn is running these assistant hires past Fickell right now? Like maybe Fix won't get all the new assistants he wants ...

Maybe.

At the time orlando was the only name out there for DC.

Bohn would've waited and Tressel would be here instead.

USC under helton ain't stealing no big name coaches from any other school.

The d line coach was hired because of nepotism.

He's Seau cousin.

NO WAY a d line coach with only 3 years under his belt should be at USC.

Donte Williams wanted to be close to his ill father.

If his father was good, he would still be at Oregon.

Fickell does come next season and the exodus of coaches happens all over again.

Williams is the only one who stays...

This post was edited by GusFring505 4 months ago

• I only wish this was true, That Luke Fickell is in Bohn’s future plan. If I knew this for sure, rooting for us will be much easier this season.

This post was edited by einibobo 4 months ago

• einibobo said... (original post)I only wish this was true, That Luke Fickell is in Bohn’s future plan. If I knew this for sure, rooting for us will be much easier this season.

That's the way I see it.

I would prefer Meyer over anybody BUT with those recent happenings at Ohio (those were his recruits) don't see Meyer to USC going down.

My next choice would be Kris Richard.

Who should be the DC right now imo...
  • Possible but unlikely. Fickell's roots are in Ohio. His recruiting base and connections are across Ohio / Indiana / Kentucky / Pennsylvania. While as a coach it would be a good hire - a triple instead of a home run - I just don't see it happening.

Here's a name you have a better chance at. Jeremy Pruitt of Tennessee. He's proving his chops as a head coach and recruiter. Makes solid hires as assistant coaches. Knows how to delegate the donkey work to the support staff so he and the assistants can concentrate on coaching. Knows how to build a support staff following the Saban blueprint. Not afraid to fire / hire assistants. Has been through the fire of dragging a once-proud program out of the mud to be at least average (in the SEC, no less), and has a plan to do better than that. He'll get Tennessee up to 10 wins and then look for a program where he can really "make his name" (as in Saban / Bama, Meyer / Florida and OSU, Swinney / Clemson, etc...).

• USC seems to have no intention of getting even a decent head coach that can recruit.

• It’s probably going be PJ Fleck , but I’m with Gus Richard should be the DC right now.

• shryder83 said... (original post)USC seems to have no intention of getting even a decent head coach that can recruit.

The day helton arse kissed his way into another season...

EIp5NENUEAIFKDB.jpg
  • GusFring505 said... (original post)The day helton arse kissed his way into another season...

Helton is the most disgusting b*tt kissing man I’ve ever seen

• shryder83 said... (original post)USC seems to have no intention of getting even a decent head coach that can recruit.

Maybe Ray Fickle

The Miami Dolphin Kicker

• OldSunsetFan said... (original post)Maybe Ray Fickle The Miami Dolphin Kicker

user generated

• GusFring505 said... (original post)The day helton arse kissed his way into another season...

“Hello, Miss Carol. Thank you for coming out today. As Mr Bohn told you earlier, I do in fact have those nude photos of you with Mack Brown on the beach in Carolina ...”

• Wonder how his family feels about SoCal?

https://youtu.be/coZlPh-LdGA

• So Luke Fickell DC is one of the best recruiters in college football?

And he just turned down a few jobs?

Sounds like orlando will be a one and done when Fickell gets here...

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-best-assistant-coaches-salary-144335404/#144335404_4

Luke Fickell to USC...

source (10).gif
  • GusFring505 said... (original post)Luke Fickell to USC...

Whatever happened to Meyer to USC?

• TroyAreaCA408 said... (original post)Whatever happened to Meyer to USC?

Ask Bohn...
  • This is the qb Cincinnati has this season. Expect BIG things from this guy. And some on here talking about ankle weights is heisman material LOL...

https://youtu.be/4g45NYHdMMg

• GusFring505 said... (original post)Which explains why he turned down the Michigan State job.He only has a few years left on his 2.4 mil a year contract.Fickell as HC and Tressell ...

I believe so, seem's a natural with Bohn/Sosna at USC.

Fickell can coach and considering he is recruiting for Cincinnati he has done a good job with what he has recruited. JMO.

• ppaulie said... (original post)I believe so, seem's a natural with Bohn/Sosna at USC.Fickell can coach and considering he is recruiting for Cincinnati he has done a good job with ...

Marcus Freeman will be Cincinnati's new coach in 2021.

Fickell and Tressell will be at USC in 2021...
  • Gus, you throwin some imfo out there, that cant even be googled. I mean, yeah, we are in a F'd up position with this coach, im with you on that, but some of that stuff is unverifiable.

• GusFring505 said... (original post)Maybe.At the time orlando was the only name out there for DC.Bohn would've waited and Tressel would be here instead.USC under helton ain&#x...

So much misinformation and overreaching speculation in this, I don’t know where to start.

First of all, Todd Orlando wasnt the only name out there for DC at the time. In fact he was the fallback, because if Justin Fuente had accepted the Baylor Job, Dave Aranda was going to be our DC.

The hiring of Vic So’oto had absolutely nothing to do with him being Junior Seau’s cousin. And actually, that wouldn’t even qualify as Nepotism, even if it was true, which it isn’t. Vic So’oto was hired because he’s a freaking beast as both a coach and as a recruiter. He has a relationship with Orlando through Bronco Mendenhall.

Jim Tressell ain’t quitting being president of Youngstown St to be DC at USC or anywhere else. That is crazy talk. If he wanted to be in coaching, he would still be in coaching. I don’t even get where you would even come up with this scenario. The man will be 70 years old in a few years, and has never spent one second coaching defense. And you think all of a sudden he is going to do that at USC? Talk about learning on the job.

I have no opinion on Fickell, except to say if Bohn wants him, if that’s the plan then I say great.

Donte Williams had a lot more reasons to be at USC than a sick father. We basically doubled his salary. This is something that’s been brewing for a few years now. Gavin Morris has been very instrumental in this whole deal, and it’s something he’s been advocating for a few years.

Chris Claiborne to USC has also been in the works for a few years, and it started when he enrolled in classes a few years ago.

This post was edited by blemblam 3 months ago

• TROJANZ said... (original post)Gus, you throwin some imfo out there, that cant even be googled. I mean, yeah, we are in a F'd up position with this coach, im with you on that...

Almost all of it is unverifiable, because almost all of it is unfactual and is at best, speculative.

• blemblam said... (original post)So much misinformation and overreaching speculation in this, I don’t know where to start.First of all, Todd Orlando wasnt the only name out there f...

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Article/USC-football-Vic-Sooto-uses-Twitter-Trojans-defensive-line-coach-144616974/

In your rambling you say Vic had a personal relationship with Orlando.

Shotgun article says otherwise.

So I'll just assume the rest of your rambling is bs as well.

Go back to the cave you've been hiding in...
  • blemblam said... (original post)Almost all of it is unverifiable, because almost all of it is unfactual and is at best, speculative.

But you are the fool who claimed Kingsbury came to USC because of double coverage...

EDLwlumVUAEnWJJ.jpg