Olaijah Griffin thinks USC will be one of nation's top teams

Olaijah Griffin thinks USC will be one of nation's top teams

Arrow8
  • Discussion
  • This defense could be real good, but we are not really going to know until we see it this year. It will either be real good, or it will just be too complex and take too many chances. Pendergast always had a conservative defense. I think this SC defense is real aggressive, so it either works, or is a complete mess.

• I’m cautiously optimistic. The talent is there for sure. The coaching staff is better. It’ll come down to discipline and execution. However one thing I’m not sold on yet is how Orlando uses his d lineman. He brings pressure with his linebackers. We need to be able to be disruptive and make plays behind the LOS without blitzing

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - 50% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • To read this post and more, subscribe now - 50% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join

Join
  • lsgametv said... (original post)This defense could be real good, but we are not really going to know until we see it this year. It will either be real good, or it will just be too ...

Clancy units played man coverage a ton, so why are you calling that conservative? Man coverage is not conservative. In addition he was always blitzing Safeties, ran a 5-2 focused on aggressive pressure, etc.

Join
  • BlackLeftLeft said... (original post)Clancy units played man coverage a ton, so why are you calling that conservative? Man coverage is not conservative. In addition he was always ...

for pendergast it was always the system over the player. In that way it was conservative since it was always about the system

Join
  • Lol he is delusional

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)for pendergast it was always the system over the player. In that way it was conservative since it was always about the system

True, but I don't think the OP meant conservative in that sense.

The definition/ understanding of football conservative tends to mean not risky, zone heavy, bend don't break, play it safe, light on blitzes, etc, etc.

Join
  • BlackLeftLeft said... (original post)True, but I don't think the OP meant conservative in that sense. The definition/ understanding of football conservative tends to mean not ...

I guess I do think that's a little what pendergast had in mind. It seemed that the system was a safeguard that would reduce players' tendencies to be overly aggressive. But I get your point

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join
  • One of the nation's top teams?

See USC linebacker core.

...I'll leave it at that.

Join

Join