Oregon's no playoff team, but ucla will be trouble

Oregon's no playoff team, but ucla will be trouble

• After one half, Ducks Heltoned out by a fluke pick-6 to end the half for a lead over the bruins, and 2 things jump out: Oregon is no more a playoff team than we are, and ucla will be trouble. Griffin had a brain fart to end the half but he's got some skills. Ducks look pedestrian, a vintage Pac12 species.

• Discussion
  • Is there even a second tier team in the P12? If the Quacks continue to fold—and right now their D looks like it couldn't stop a high school team—you’d have to rule them out.

Fortunately fUCLA’s defense looks to be as lenient as last season’s.

This post was edited by troy4300 1 day ago

• PAC 12 is losing respect as a conference. If USC ever hires a new coach, I like the idea of joining another conference.

• sec18usczaine said... (original post)PAC 12 is losing respect as a conference. If USC ever hires a new coach, I like the idea of joining another conference.

Yeah, I was just watching the first appearance of the monolith in 2001: A Space Odyssey, with all the primates/hominids running around, touching it, trying to figure it out, and I realize I have been hoping that our own primate Helton would someday finally "get it." You know, learn how to coach, find his own strange monolith rising up, something would finally click in his primitive brain. But I realized it's hopeless, and you're right, our entire conference basically resembles that little band of "Lucy's" on the Serengeti: hopelessly behind in the evolution of football. Ironically, I'm sure President Poppins and her 11 vestal virgins of the west would of course claim the opposite: that the left coast is more highly evolved. I don't see the Pac12 EVER being nationally relevant again unless USC re-emerges, and we are buried under so many layers & tons of crap it looks impossible at this point. Da*n Stanley Kubrick anyway.....

• sec18usczaine said... (original post)PAC 12 is losing respect as a conference. If USC ever hires a new coach, I like the idea of joining another conference.

“Losing,” present tense?!?! We lost respect as a Conference a long-azz time ago, and long as that corrupt, slimy, subhuman scum “Tennis Larry” Scott runs the show, we have precisely ZERO chance of ever regaining respect.

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)Yeah, I was just watching the first appearance of the monolith in 2001: A Space Odyssey, with all the primates/hominids running around, touch...

Dude, that was a freakin’ EPIC of filmic analogy. And I’m a big-time fan of Stanley Kubrick’s work, especially Full Metal Jacket.

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)After one half, Ducks Heltoned out by a fluke pick-6 to end the half for a lead over the bruins, and 2 things jump out: Oregon is no more a p...

Three of the four touchdowns in the first half were by the Ducks Defense. Had the Bruins new QB played better (turnover free, he had four), they would have beaten the Ducks. Even with 4 turnovers, they came damn close to winning. It's looking more and more like this will be a very difficult game for the Trojans.

This post was edited by poodlemothra 1 day ago

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)After one half, Ducks Heltoned out by a fluke pick-6 to end the half for a lead over the bruins, and 2 things jump out: Oregon is no more a p...

Fully agree
  • poodlemothra said... (original post)Three of the four touchdowns in the first half were by the Ducks Defense. Had the Bruins new QB played better (turnover free, he had four), the...

Or if Kelly wasn’t a total idiot in the final 3 minutes...

• poodlemothra said... (original post)Three of the four touchdowns in the first half were by the Ducks Defense. Had the Bruins new QB played better (turnover free, he had four), the...

Not to mention the fact that they often play over their heads against us.