OT: Thoughts on MLB's 16-Team Playoffs?

OT: Thoughts on MLB's 16-Team Playoffs?

• As a Mariner fan I like it. Then again it probably won't matter unless they expand it to 30 teams.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-expands-playoffs-to-16-teams-for-shortened-2020-season-adds-best-of-three-wild-card-series/

• Discussion
  • I hate it.

• This^^^^

• They still play baseball

Interesting

Who would pay for that?

• What about the second and third round, and WS.? Will it be best of 5 then best of 7?

• FanofSC said... (original post)They still play baseball Interesting Who would pay for that?

user generated

• Casey Cosgrove said... (original post)As a Mariner fan I like it. Then again it probably won't matter unless they expand it to 30 teams.https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-expa...

You never know, the Mariners might pull it off. With this 60 game schedule as opposed to 162 It could tweak the outcome.

I still have to question if the 1981 Dodgers would have had a chance to win the WS or make it to the playoffs, if it wasn't for the mid season strike.

This post was edited by FAN1978 4 months ago

• watch the Giants win the whole thing in this new format.

Might as well just cancel baseball after that.

• Don't matter...Yankees about to win #28

• TroyAreaCA408 said... (original post)watch the Giants win the whole thing in this new format.Might as well just cancel baseball after that.

Wouldn't surprise me.
  • FAN1978 said... (original post)Wouldn't surprise me.

It would be massively surprising. Did you see that lineup last night?

• westcoastfball said... (original post)It would be massively surprising. Did you see that lineup last night?

Good point
  • The new playoffs opens it up for teams like the Rockies, Rangers, White Sox, Cubs, Mets, Brewers, Angels, Red Sox, but those bottom teams will probably find it even harder to win games.

• westcoastfball said... (original post)It would be massively surprising. Did you see that lineup last night?

Then agian you never know. This format could help the Dodgers pull one off like they did in 1981.
  • FAN1978 said... (original post)Then agian you never know. This format could help the Dodgers pull one off like they did in 1981.

Those Dodgers werent going to be a 100 loss team.

• westcoastfball said... (original post)Those Dodgers werent going to be a 100 loss team.

• Let every Team in a Playoff Format this year.

1 vs 30, 2 vs 29, 3 vs 28 etc. 1st Round. (No Byes).

3 Games 1st Rd & 2nd Rd, 5 Games 3rd & 4th Rounds, 7 Games thereafter to WS.

GO SC

• Give everybody a trophy. They only are trying to keep all fans they can interested in pro sports these days; hence, let everyone in the playoffs, where the number 16 seeds can still win a championship. With all the baggage tied to all the pro sports now, I have zero appetite for them, and a declining one for college sports, too. The country is a mess right now.

• Given the rather inauspicious start to my beloved Nats’ World Series title defense, we may bloody well need it.

This post was edited by TrojanSkyCop97 4 months ago

• Fun!