Report: USC offers offensive line job to Arkansas' Brad Davis

Report: USC offers offensive line job to Arkansas' Brad Davis

Arrow6
  • To read this post and more, subscribe now - One Month for Only $1

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • Looks like he moves every year. Why is that?

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join

Join
  • Exactly what I was thinking in him relocating every year. A journeyman in coaching doesn't help in recruiting if the coach is gone the next year.

• In responding to the LA Times our delusional clown coach said this: “I actually see this program trending upward, if you look at it correctly,” Clay Helton told the Los Angeles Times. “You go from an eight-win season, outside of a championship game last year, to now all of a sudden winning every game but one, and you’re in the championship game. I look at recruiting and where we’re going. That’s a huge piece of the puzzle, to be able to sign the best players and bring them in and develop them. I think we’re developing our players the right way.”

Arkansas fans see Helton as another Huston Nutt. Probably not far off. Why would a competent asst coach work for Helton?

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join
  • I just hate that anyone was hired. I know there was no basis for it, but I was holding out hope that no one would be hired for the position because Clay wasn’t returning either.

Join

Join
  • SCgrad96_ said... (original post)I just hate that anyone was hired. I know there was no basis for it, but I was holding out hope that no one would be hired for the position becaus...

hes coming back no matter what, until 2023. Even if we didnt fire drevno and we went like 8-5 or something. It wouldnt matter at all. Bohn is waiting for Ficikil in 2023. It sucks but they didnt fire him when he had the worst season in USC history, didnt fire when recuting when to an unbealivably low place (who would have thought to even have that bad of classes) and no matter who Helton hires alot of the problems are still obivious. I dont think he can fire helton, at least not until his contract is up in 2023

Join
  • Watching Bama and OSU the running game is 100% the answer to each team.

Just watching.

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)Good question. Arkansas barely had a pulse in the SEC. So naturally that means they would have won the Pac 12. To be honest, this looks like ...

If Helton is the person who’s doing the recruiting then yes. It’ll continue to show him as a poor evaluator who’s already on a short leash.

Join
  • I hope Helton and Whoever took a look at how big those offensive linemen were. Obviously, you can pass for a lot of yards without slender linemen.
    The line DOES have to dominate their opponents. It is easier to protect the quarterback if you are not on rollerskates.

• jpltrojan1 said... (original post)In responding to the LA Times our delusional clown coach said this: “I actually see this program trending upward, if you look at it correctly,” C...

I have to agree with Helton that recruiting is a big piece of the puzzle. I think he nailed that thought. Unfortunately, other pieces include a running game, coaching, and the ability to recruit elite offensive lineman. Those are like the three missing pieces. As we all know, if you don't have all of the pieces, you can't put the puzzle together.