Some Chatter Coming In

Some Chatter Coming In

• sgvdomer said... (original post) He's a good coach but I just don't get the impression that he's top tier. Although with SC talent being elite, I'm not sure if ...

I'd say the same thing if I was a ND fan. Keep Coackroach Clay forever.

• What's forgotten is, the same type of ***** was being spewed back when CPC was hired. Look how that turned out. An ex NFL coach who couldn't cut it with NE or NYJ. Had never been a HC in college. Wouldn't be able to recruit. He was what, the 4th-5th choice? Everyone else turned SC down. All that he did was turn around a team in possibly worse shape than we are now, and went on a run that is up with the top in college FB history, not just USC history. How soon we forget...

• dalesndrs said... (original post) What's forgotten is, the same type of ***** was being spewed back when CPC was hired. Look how that turned out. An ex NFL coach who couldn&#...

CF landscape has changed significantly since we buried Hackett. But I do agree that there are likely a handful of coaches who would all do well at USC, and elevate us somewhere into the next tier. Meyer is the nuclear option, one that changes the narrative immediately. But there are others out there who would be a HUGE improvement from the clown we have now

This post was edited by PaulDrakeLives 12 days ago

• dalesndrs said... (original post) What's forgotten is, the same type of ***** was being spewed back when CPC was hired. Look how that turned out. An ex NFL coach who couldn't cut ...

And you are referring to, who again, as a potential hire?
  • I'm for some reason not excited about Franklin but when you think about Saban who everyone considers the best college coach and look at his work at Mich. St. and LSU before going to Alabama he didn't exactly have an impressive record. One good season at Michigan St. and one great season at LSU. It could be argued that Franklin has done as much at PSU as Saban had done at his first stops. Lets be clear. I'm not saying he will be as good as Saban. Just saying it is possible that maybe he could take the next level of talent further then he's gone so far.

This post was edited by Hockey10 12 days ago

• I rather have Mike Norvell than James Franklin.

ASU really screwed up by letting him go. They should've fired Todd Graham and promoted Mike Norvell when they had the chance.

• “Like I told you, I love Penn State, I love our players. I don’t see that changing any time soon.” 

- James Franklin

Enough already with this clown

• ItsCasual said... (original post) “Like I told you, I love Penn State, I love our players. I don’t see that changing any time soon.” - James Franklin Enough already with this clow...

Ive always gotten a phony vibe from him. Hence the Sark comparison.

• trojanpete said... (original post) I'd say the same thing if I was a ND fan. Keep Coackroach Clay forever.

Lol...that would be ideal. Any upgrade over Clay is not going to be beneficial for ND. I do think Clay will coach 1 more year only because there's too many extracurricular stuff to deal with at the moment.
  • LOB_v2 said... (original post) I rather have Mike Norvell than James Franklin.ASU really screwed up by letting him go. They should've fired Todd Graham and promoted Mike Norv...

I really don’t get the Norvel hype

• ItsCasual said... (original post) And you are referring to, who again, as a potential hire?

I'm not talking about any hire in particular. I would love UM as much as anyone. Nearly anyone would be a huge step up from mush mouth Helton. I'm commenting more on the talk here about this coach is lame. That coach can't win the big games. This one was a mess in the NFL, etc. It's all speculation until they get hired, and do the job or not. No one expected CPC to do what he did at SC. Who knows when/if the next CPC could be hired.

• racea911 said... (original post) I'm not a Meyer or bust guy. ANY of these guys you all are mentioning are 100x's the coach Helton was when we for some reason hired him ...

Nail+Head. I'd go as far as saying a firm "no, thank you" to Franklin. And I might add, Petersen taking UW to the play-offs was with quite a few of Sark's recruits.

FIGHT ON!

• ItsCasual said... (original post) Franklin isn't worth the $6 - $7 million a year he would want. Franklin got outsmarted by a talented group of Trojan kids in the Rose Bowl.F...

If I recall correctly, weren't those two plays in succession? When McQuay should've picked off the first one....I couldn't believe it.

FIGHT ON!

• Grouler1 said... (original post) Chatter coming in that Bohn is trying to finalize a new coaching hire so he can announce at the same time he fires Helton. Bohn wants to do this t...

• Grouler1 said... (original post) I agree. If I had to put odds on who our next coach is going to be, my guess is it is Franklin. FYI, when I spoke to my contact and mentioned JDR, ...

The Raiders were a mess before Del Rio. At least Del Rio brought them to a winning record for the first time since 2002.

• II guess the chatter was wrong
    According to Rogan and Peete, Bohn couldn't come to terms with Stoops. He wanted more money for his staff and it was to high. Negotiations came to a halt on late Monday.

This post was edited by oldmanjay66 10 days ago

• oldmanjay66 said... (original post) II guess the chatter was wrong According to Rogan and Peete, Bohn couldn't come to terms with Stoops. He wanted more money for his staff a...

Better to lose fans and bomb in recruiting ? That will fix things. If USC really wants to get its status back, they will have to ante up. Just like Alabama and Clemson has to do. The blue print is there. USC refuses to get in the game and that’s why people are jumping ship.

• oldmanjay66 said... (original post) II guess the chatter was wrong According to Rogan and Peete, Bohn couldn't come to terms with Stoops. He wanted more money for his staff a...

Yeah, but they were willing to pay Haden twice what every other AD was paid. Stupid people.

• jpltrojan1 said... (original post) Yeah, but they were willing to pay Haden twice what every other AD was paid. Stupid people.

And he was still funneling, err... pulling some shady ish with his fams charities using school connects.