Steve Lopes and Tim Tessalone know where the bodies are buried

Steve Lopes and Tim Tessalone know where the bodies are buried

• They are not going to relinquish their power and hold on USC's athletic dept. without a fight. Those two want a head coach that they can control, the same way they had it under Pat Haden.

• Discussion
  • ItsCasual said... (original post) They are not going to relinquish their power and hold on USC's athletic dept. without a fight. Those two want a head coach that they can con...

They work at a University and can be fired at will.

• poodlemothra said... (original post) They work at a University and can be fired at will.

LOL! USC can't even fire a head coach that's dumber than a pile of rocks.
  • Been saying these ********* need to go. The entire Aristocracy needs to go and my hatred for these pricks has reached a level, wish all the ills and awful things possible to them as they dig in and try to fight to keep this program as poorly run as possible. **** THEM!

• A lot of skeletons in Lopes and Tessalone's closet. Probably some ongoing scandals that need to be cleaned up as well.

Isn't there an ongoing investigation regarding allegations of wrongdoing that were made by an assistant on Helton's staff that USC is dealing with?

• Remember how Clay used to ingratiate himself to lopes by playing his son the walk on over the scholarship young guys bubba bolden and Jamel cook?

• WebbTowerAdult said... (original post) Remember how Clay used to ingratiate himself to lopes by playing his son the walk on over the scholarship young guys bubba bolden and Jamel ...

Yep. I remember one game where Clay put him in and the kid got torched for 30 yards right off the bat. Clay = Idiot
  • WebbTowerAdult said... (original post) Remember how Clay used to ingratiate himself to lopes by playing his son the walk on over the scholarship young guys bubba bolden and Jamel ...

What's worse then that is when Pendergast was asked by a reporter before the season to name the best DB's he's coached while at SC and Matt Lopes was the first name that came out--BEFORE Adoree Jackson, Sua Cravens, Biggie Marshall, etc..Matt Lopes.

• Cook is out of football and Bubba is burried in a weak secondary at UM.

This post was edited by DeMatDeTes 9 days ago

• ItsCasual said... (original post) They are not going to relinquish their power and hold on USC's athletic dept. without a fight. Those two want a head coach that they can con...

Fire them

• poodlemothra said... (original post) They work at a University and can be fired at will.

not necessarily. It all depends on their contract. even low- to mid-level administrators can have multi-year contracts (and often do).

• DeMatDeTes said... (original post) Cook is out of football and Bubba is burried in a weak secondary at UM.

• ItsCasual said... (original post) LOL! USC can't even fire a head coach that's dumber than a pile of rocks.

Thanks for that thoroughly intelligent response.

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post) not necessarily. It all depends on their contract. even low- to mid-level administrators can have multi-year contracts (and often do).

My wife was a Director at the Uni of Colorado and anyone can be fired for any reason when employed in a "At Will" state regardless of a contract. A Dean, Assistant Dean, President and other Directors were walked out the door without notice or cause. I am pretty sure California is an At Will state

• poodlemothra said... (original post) My wife was a Director at the Uni of Colorado and anyone can be fired for any reason when employed in a "At Will" state regardless o...

I should have been clearer. A contract sets the terms for such terminations. Even in an "at will" state, a contract makes it pricey to fire someone. So yes, you "can" fire someone, but it will cost you. Plus, the higher up these admins are the more costly it is to search for new ones. I am not saying every administrator has such a contract but the longer one has been at a place, the higher up they go, and the more likely it is they do. So they dig in. At my university, for example, when "Pat" was hired as a VP (friend of mine) he had a 3-year contract, and yes, they could have fired him but they would have had to pay him. He insisted on that and they gave it to him. It gives them more freedom to act autonomously and speak their mind without worrying that the president may have gotten out of the wrong side of bed that morning, etc.

This post was edited by PaulDrakeLives 9 days ago