The NBA Thread

The NBA Thread

• This is the thread for NBA and Lakers talk.

The Lonzo Ball thread had a technical glitch and went haywire, so this is the new one.

The old thread: https://247sports.com/college/usc/Board/29/Contents/Can-Someone-Please-Explain-Lonzo-Ball-to-me-52101808

Edit: [link id="8480143"]

This post was edited by LambdaChiTrojan 5 months ago

• Discussion
  • The Clippers are blowing it up. Gotta expect DJ to be on the move before the trade deadline.

• So basically the Clippers are getting their pick next year.

• Also probably means that Doc is out at the end of the season?

• [quote id="114378567"]Also probably means that Doc is out at the end of the season?[/quote] Isn't he the GM?

This post was edited by LambdaChiTrojan 5 months ago

• westcoastfball said... (original post)

Isn't he the GM?

Not sure exactly what the heck this means:

----------
    On August 4, 2017, Rivers gave up his post as president of basketball operations. However, he continued to split responsibility for basketball matters with executive vice president of basketball operations Lawrence Frank.[

Isn't he the GM?

Lawrence Frank and Jerry West are making the decisions

• If they blow it up. Dandre to the Bucks for Maker, Parker and a 1. Lou Williams could fetch a 1 from somebody like the Wizards. Would Clevland, Oklahoma City or SA trade a 1 for Bradley? They could possibly have 5 first round picks this year. All but one (their own) being in the 20-30 range.

They did Blake dirty, though. Best and most popular player in franchise history reups and then you trade him to Detroit... ouch.

• As a Laker fan this makes me happy lol... Lets see if those Ex-Laker turned Clipper band wagoner's actually stay if the clippers really stink again.

• Lou Williams to the Sixers please.

• Blake, CP3, Pierce, and Reddick held DJ hostage to prevent him from signing with the Mavs. Now, they're all gone and DJ is left by himself to turn off the lights.

This post was edited by Gatecall 1 year ago

• ScPa5 said... (original post)

Lou Williams to the Sixers please.

For Markell Fultz! Lol

• Gatecall said... (original post)

Blake, CP3, Pierce, and Reddick held DJ hostage to prevent him from signing with the Mavs. Now, they're all gone and DJ is left by himself to turn off the lights.

Imagine that group text right now! Lot of different emojis this time

This post was edited by HDSCfan8 1 year ago

• I can't believe the Clippers got such a good,return for him.

Thanks for the Rivers GM stuff, didn't remember.

• Gatecall said... (original post)

Blake, CP3, Pierce, and Reddick held DJ hostage to prevent him from signing with the Mavs. Now, they're all gone and DJ is left by himself to turn off the lights.

Deandre Jordan is bitchmade. He wasn't man enough to straight-up tell Cuban 'no'.

• The Clippers need to trade DeAndre Jordan since he will leave as a free agent. I think Jerry West is looking a trade with players and draft picks. The Clippers traded away Chris Paul and are still a playoff team. They got some good players for Blake Griffin. They got salary cap room and can try to get Paul George as a free agent.

• Fuck Jerry West & fuck the clippers!

• 89 til Infinity said... (original post)

Deandre Jordan is bitchmade. He wasn't man enough to straight-up tell Cuban 'no'.

This. Wasn’t much of a huge fan to begin with, but when his story came out I wouldn’t want someone like this.

• 89 til Infinity said... (original post)

Why should he when that's what their agents are for?? Plus don't forget that his agent basically pushed towards Dallas cuz he's boys with Cuban! I don't blame DJ one bit

• no mention of the griffin to the pistons trade? color me as someone who didnt see that coming. The Clippers are sending Brice Johnson and Willie Reed to Detroit alongside Griffin, and receiving Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, Boban Marjanovic and a first- and second-round draft pick in return.

• Mickey Av said... (original post)

no mention of the griffin to the pistons trade? color me as someone who didnt see that coming. The Clippers are sending Brice Johnson and Willie Reed to Detroit alongside Griffin, and receiving Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, Boban Marjanovic and a first- and second-round draft pick in return.

Yes, the entire beginning of the thread.

Yes, the entire beginning of the thread.

cool. I'll see myself out.

• Mickey Av said... (original post)

cool. I'll see myself out.

pvia GIPHY[/p]

• 10 year anniversary of the Gasol trade. Popovich bellyaching over the deal was one of the most pathetic moments in nba history.

• ThrowawayRandy said... (original post)

10 year anniversary of the Gasol trade. Popovich bellyaching over the deal was one of the most pathetic moments in nba history.

blank

• ThrowawayRandy said... (original post)

10 year anniversary of the Gasol trade. Popovich bellyaching over the deal was one of the most pathetic moments in nba history.

Trades take years to play out. That trade ended up being pretty even. The Lakers got the piece to push them over the top and the Grizzlies got a young player to build around.

People shit on Chicago on draft night for the Butler deal but that is looking like a solid trade for both teams.