This isn't even the same sport as USC plays

This isn't even the same sport as USC plays

Arrow4
  • Tough, few mistakes (only one penalty), talent, good coaching. We're a high school team compared to both these teams.

• Discussion
  • USC is a basketball school. We got this.

• Oh yeah! I bet we sweep them in guys volleyball

• Right, CCH wouldn't know what to do if he were coaching either of these teams. With Alabama's players he'd lose this game by 21. Pathetic. Not ready for the big boys. But we are committed to him. Unless we finally decide the losses far outweigh the contract damages. Losses not only to football -- but all the revenue the Athletic Department needs to simply function. Dump Helton and let him sue.

F.O.............

• I don’t remember ever seeing a coach at a program like USC get to keep screwing things up and keep his job.

• TROJANZ said... (original post)Oh yeah! I bet we sweep them in guys volleyball

Or mens syncro swimming

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)Tough, few mistakes (only one penalty), talent, good coaching. We're a high school team compared to both these teams.

We’re essentially playing a high school passing league offense. And if we’d been unlucky enough to have actually played Alabama, it really would have looked like we were playing seven guys vs. the Tide’s eleven.

• Slovis wouldn't make it out of the 1st Quarter. He'd be knocked out and they'd have hung 80 on Helton.

Thread is too true.

• FanofSC said... (original post)180Thread is too true.

As long as we're stuck with helton we should be playing 7-man football or flag.

• Same thing vs Iowa, is what would a happened to slovis. Our OC knows how to draw up "winning plays", on paper, but the guy doesn't realize, the blocking schematics gotta come with it. There has to be tons of details for the guards, tackles, center, TE, RBs, how wide receivers block, all of it. A total and complete coordination of the offense. You can't design details for receivers to go out into patterns, and then tell line, well guys, uh go block. Duh.
    Even Oregon was pounding slovis. And it took a whole 3 and a half quarters for the coach to figure out, you have to chip thibideux, their #1 Rusher!! Meaning, Oregon top recruit. Oregon Top outside speed rusher, was not even considered in the blocking scheme and gameplan, running up to the game. Or else they woulda dealt with him in the 1st. Weve been figured out. And we better scheme accordingly

• TROJANZ said... (original post)Same thing vs Iowa, is what would a happened to slovis. Our OC knows how to draw up "winning plays", on paper, but the guy doesn't re...

Harrell's mentor Leach got schooled every November by the huskies because Leach would not change or develop a running game. This mish-mash of a staff has been cobbled together, so the left hand has no idea what the right is doing, and their strengths are not complementary. Our football program (if I can call it that anymore) is in disarray. I don't take it seriously any more.

• Another year of ConMan and Scam for us ....Meanwhile Sark is out there making his sponsor proud and Harrell's "plays" look like the ones kids ran on those vibrating electric football games from back in the 70s I found in my Grandma's attic.

A lot of our guys would have looked out of place on the field and on the sideline Monday. We would have been popped in the mouth repeatedly and had our lunch money seized.

Sad.

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 4 days ago

• BlackLeftLeft said... (original post)Another year of ConMan and Scam for us ....Meanwhile Sark is out there making his sponsor proud and Harrell's "plays" look like ...

Yep. They would have turned us upside down until all our "Helton Dollars" (good for one cone) rained from our pockets. But can you imagine the dance our team would have entered the stadium with??

• BlackLeftLeft said... (original post)Another year of ConMan and Scam for us ....Meanwhile Sark is out there making his sponsor proud and Harrell's "plays" look like ...

BLL, the most disgusting thing is Helton is embracing this 7 on 7 offense and Saban's young and inexperienced defense gave Mike Leach's Air Raid the only shutout of his Head Coaching Career this year. So Helton turns around in that LA Times interview and talks of how they are "getting close" and he's embracing a system that would get manhandled and likely result in several USC players getting injured (real or in their feelings) and blown out by 80. Sark would've ran this thing up big time as a shot at Helton being a snake, USC in general and no doubt we'd have seen team piss them off with the lack of control and stupid behavior during games.