Top 30 Most Important USC Players for 2020: No. 14

Top 30 Most Important USC Players for 2020: No. 14

• Discussion
  • Not mad at the OG ranking, but it's reminding me that I think Chris Steele is getting slept on. ITS gets more hype because of the 4.3 speed that has yet to make an appearance in an actual game, and due to the prototypical measurables/frame, but consider what Steele is about:

-Is only one of two returning CBs in FBS to log over 500 snaps without a missed tackle, as he didn't miss one of his 28 tackle attempts as a true freshman.

-Allowed fewer than 50 yards in coverage in eight of his 12 games played.

-Played the 2nd highest amount of snaps and graded the highest of the trio of USC's starting CBs at 68.3 per PFF.

-Has that dog in him. I saw more hustle out of him trying to chase down Salvon Ahmed from behind, which given Ahmed's speed he had no business trying to do, than any USC db in recent history. Look at how dejected he was. Look at how he is on that play vs ITS.

STEELE.gif

ITS, G. Johnson, and Chase Williams are all listed for various reasons that do have some validity, while Steele didn't make it. I won't be surprised if he ends up having a better year than all 3 though.

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - One Month for Only $1

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • Co-sign Choc.

I've been saying he needs to stop the James /Bobby/Chris Brown antics on the field, but I don't think that's going to cease if coaches have let it go this long. There should be a no Gram in the locker room rule implemented.

OG's weight/frame hurts his NFL draft prospects/upside. It doesn't look like he's added since he's been here, still looking like he's in the 170s. Very narrow and lean build.
    9968008.jpg

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 9 days ago

Join