UCLA came out to play

UCLA came out to play

• Let’s see how our boys play today

• Discussion
  • sec18usczaine said... (original post)Let’s see how our boys play today

I saw that last week against Kal. And, despite griffin's inexperience, he has some skills. We will have problems with them, hopefully that will be the nail in helton's coffin, Of course, without its usual anarchist hordes, Autzen is just another place to play.

• Swell, just fonking swell.

• TrojanSkyCop97 said... (original post)Swell, just fonking swell.

Actually, I think it is. I know this will be unpopular but I hope we lose enough games to get rid of Helton, whether 2 or 5 or all of them.

• The bRuins could derail our “playoff hopes” I’ve been hearing so much about

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)Actually, I think it is. I know this will be unpopular but I hope we lose enough games to get rid of Helton, whether 2 or 5 or all of them.

No matter how much I disdain our coach, I NEVER want us to lose to Fucla. Even when Hackett was our coach, as much as he truly sucked, I was still grateful to him for his back-to-back wins against the bRuins (especially when he broke their 8-game series winning streak in 1999).

But that’s just me, I guess. Meh.

• I’m not a Helton fan

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)I saw that last week against Kal. And, despite griffin's inexperience, he has some skills. We will have problems with them, hopefully th...

UCLA might be better off w/o Thompson-Robinson. He’s obviously a great athlete who can make big plays but is not a high percentage passer yet. He’s still really green, only played 1 year as a high school starting QB before being tossed into the fire as a true FR starter at the college level.

• TrojanSkyCop97 said... (original post)No matter how much I disdain our coach, I NEVER want us to lose to Fucla. Even when Hackett was our coach, as much as he truly sucked, I was ...

Yeah, I understand. But if the path to getting Helton kicked to the curb means losses, I say bring them on.

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)Yeah, I understand. But if the path to getting Helton kicked to the curb means losses, I say bring them on.

They didn’t even can Helton after we gave up like 400 yards to that transfer from UC Davis a couple of years ago,

This post was edited by troy4300 1 day ago

• TrojanSkyCop97 said... (original post)No matter how much I disdain our coach, I NEVER want us to lose to Fucla. Even when Hackett was our coach, as much as he truly sucked, I was ...

That ‘99 game is a contender for the Worst Football Game Ever Played. I think we were penalized 20 (!!!) times & still won. But I will take it....sometimes the streakbreaker can be clumsy & ugly, especially when coached by a bum like that.

• troy4300 said... (original post)That ‘99 game is a contender for the Worst Football Game Ever Played. I think we were penalized 20 (!!!) times & still won. But I will take it....

Exactly. By Any Means Necessary.

Our streakbreaker against Neuter Dumb in ‘96 (my last game as a USC student, and easily my single fondest collegiate memory) wasn’t pretty either.

• TrojanSkyCop97 said... (original post)Exactly. By Any Means Necessary.Our streakbreaker against Neuter Dumb in ‘96 (my last game as a USC student, and easily my single fondest col...

It sure wasn’t.

God bless Mark Cusano.

• Bruins started to improve the 2nd half of Colorado. Kelly has done a good job with his schemes. Trojans have to improve in a hurry.

• billsb said... (original post)Bruins started to improve the 2nd half of Colorado. Kelly has done a good job with his schemes. Trojans have to improve in a hurry.

They were ridiculously young last year, playing a crazy amount of freshmen & sophs. Not sure how much actual talent they have but that inexperience was a factor in their bad ‘19 season for sure.

This post was edited by troy4300 1 day ago

• Devon Williams with 30 yd gain for Quacks

• troy4300 said... (original post)It sure wasn’t. God bless Mark Cusano.

God bless Mark Cusano indeed! I finally got to thank him in-person in Miami, the night before we kicked Oklahoma’s azz.

• Whew! bRuins lose anyway!

• troy4300 said... (original post)Devon Williams with 30 yd gain for Quacks

Finishes with 123 yards. Not saying I’d trade any of our top 4 or Kyle Ford for him, but you know, that’s pretty good...

• Kelly fighting with Helton for worst coach in college football