Urban Meyer on the Move the Sticks podcast

Urban Meyer on the Move the Sticks podcast

• Discussion
  • Meyer is big on culture. That doesn't bode well for USC. The football culture at USC the last 10 years hasn't been good.

There's been a lack of support for Trojan football by the university's administration.

From Nikias to Haden to Swann, USC allowed those three numbskulls to run the football program into the ground with bad hires of the coaching staff one after the other. Not to mention the fact that the aforementioned idiots allowed the NCAA to unfairly and maliciously punish the Trojans without so much as a word of protest when it was clear USC had a case for appeal and dissolution of sanctions that were levied without cause and carried out with bias and malicious intent.

Meyer said that in order to build a winning culture you need full support from those in charge, that hasn't been the case with USC as we have all witnessed how success for Trojan football isn't a priority when it comes to the people at USC who have the power to make it happen.

• Wish our Prez would listen to this -- but someone would have to explain to her what competitive toughness means. Don't get much call for that teaching ecology.

F.O...…...

• "Full support" means let me do wtf i want and break whatever rules need to be broke.

• DeMatDeTes said... (original post) "Full support" means let me do wtf i want and break whatever rules need to be broke.

Your boy Helton is dead man walking

• DeMatDeTes said... (original post) "Full support" means let me do wtf i want and break whatever rules need to be broke.

At least he’d know what the hell he’s actually doing!

• usctrojanglory said... (original post) At least he’d know what the hell he’s actually doing!

roflmao
  • SoCalEase said... (original post) Your boy Helton is dead man walking

Lol i don't give a ***** about him
  • usctrojanglory said... (original post) At least he’d know what the hell he’s actually doing!

Of course. Then he'll dip, USC will be hit with sancations again and yall will be back here crying like yall doing right now
  • DeMatDeTes said... (original post) Of course. Then he'll dip, USC will be hit with sancations again and yall will be back here crying like yall doing right now

A sancation sounds relaxing right now

• DeMatDeTes said... (original post) Of course. Then he'll dip, USC will be hit with sancations again and yall will be back here crying like yall doing right now

Clay Helton is a sanction imposed by Pat Haden and extended by Lynn Swann

We’ve already self sanctioned hiring Clay so who cares?

Find one sane person on here who would take another 3 years of Clay v. 3 years of Urban followed by sanctions.

Another 3 years of Clay would leave SMU fans thinking they got off easy.

This post was edited by TrojanEconomist 5 days ago

Helton is a sanction.

• I'm going to propose an hypothetical situation. I am not by any means claiming knowledge of or saying it is true. What if the reason USC didn't fight the sanctions is because they didn't want any investigations going on around the University. We now know how much dirty and scanless activities have gone on. Maybe they were hiding more at the time. Now that all their skeletons are hopefully out of the closet maybe they wouldn't be worried about the NCAA being around. So long as Meyer's runs a clean program they can provide him all the assistance he needs and create the culture it takes to win.

• I know there were minor infractions found on the BB team. I'm saying maybe they didn't want deep deep probing.

• SoCalEase said... (original post) Your boy Helton is dead man walking

He loves Helton at USC bc he is a ucla troll

• I'm a regular listener of MTS. Great interview as always.

Takeaways :

-The difference between a Helton vs. a Meyer is night and day. Faith, Family, Football is a vauge and useless credo that you can't even measure or judge. It does not motivate or inspire. Meyer stresses toughness, an attribute that actually applies to football, and is actually the cornerstone of being a successful player. ConMan couldn't even be on a support staff of Meyer's

-Meyer's breakdown of what he looks for in a QB succinctly sums up why a cat like JT is not THAT guy. Doesn't elevate the play of those around him, not the competitive beast, can't make something out of nothing, etc. Go listen and ask yourself how Meyer would view him.

-For all the flack I got regarding my take on Herbert, Bucky and DJ echoed a few of the points I made almost to a tee. Go listen.

https://rss.art19.com/episodes/ca65723a-32ff-4723-95f3-45c9e3d6d586.mp3

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 2 days ago

• troy75 said... (original post) Wish our Prez would listen to this -- but someone would have to explain to her what competitive toughness means. Don't get much call for that t...

actually, that is one of the pillars of evolution....