USC 2020 football results

USC 2020 football results

• Bama - No comment L

New Mexico - Lack of practice and coming off a Bama beatdown USC will be so demoralized New Mexico pulls the upset. L

Stanford - Same boring game. USC wins by 3 to 7 points.

Arizona State - Jayden Daniels has new toys to play with and should show why he's the best qb in the Pac12. L

After getting embarrassed by Arizona State a demoralized USC team will be playing on the worst night for college football. And away from home too. L

California - Wilcox has done pretty well with Cal and I think Garbers will show out against orlando defense. L

Arizona - W

Colorado - The hires of Chris Wilson and Demetrice Martin make this an interesting game. But Alfano left and I don't know who else is on the d line. W

Oregon - Waiting to see who their new qb will be. But Sewell, Flowe and Thibs will give USC lack of an O line problems all night. L

Washington - I got Lake 2nd as the Pac12 coach of the year behind Edwards. See him beating helton. L

Fucla - W

Norte Dame - The coach helton wants to be like will embarrass USC on primetime again. L

There you have it.

USC finishes the season 4-8...
  • Discussion
  • GusFring505 said... (original post)Bama - No comment LNew Mexico - Should've been the first game imo. Wouldn't be surprised if this game is closer than it should be WSta...

Though .500 would be good to get Helton out, I think he squeezes in 1 or 2 more wins.

It is the year after we have to worry about if Helton is still here. That is when his last 2 wonderful(sarcasm) recruiting class take center stage. 4-8 if Helton is still in charge in 2021.

• Bobby Shells said... (original post)Though .500 would be good to get Helton out, I think he squeezes in 1 or 2 more wins. It is the year after we have to worry about if Helton is ...

At first I was 50/50 about Utah but I forgot Bentley was going there.

He could be one of the top qb's in the pac12 this year.

• GusFring505 said... (original post)At first I was 50/50 about Utah but I forgot Bentley was going there.He could be one of the top qb's in the pac12 this year.

SC hasnt won in SLC since 2012 and even then SC was down 14-0 in that game.

I'd chalk that up as a L for now.

• 8-5 again.

Folt is so impressed, she signs Helton to a 10 year extension. But Helton balks until he's told he can bring back Clancy, Baxter and, uncle Neil...at DOUBLE their previous salaries and told they will be allowed to recruit using SPAM emails only.

• oldtrojan 93 said... (original post)8-5 again.Folt is so impressed, she signs Helton to a 10 year extension. But Helton balks until he's told he can bring back Clancy, Baxter and, ...

What 8 teams?

I thought about Washington but harrell playbook will still be the same 3 plays and Lake did good shutting it down.

Washington secondary Turner, Williams and Mcduffie all of them will be 1st or 2nd round picks imo...

This post was edited by GusFring505 9 months ago

• GusFring505 said... (original post)Bama - No comment LNew Mexico - Should've been the first game imo. Wouldn't be surprised if this game is closer than it should be WSta...

Best case scenario.....

• OldSunsetFan said... (original post)Best case scenario.....

Yeah.

These weak recruiting classes are going to really hit this year.

Starting with the o line and lb's...
  • oldtrojan 93 said... (original post)8-5 again.Folt is so impressed, she signs Helton to a 10 year extension. But Helton balks until he's told he can bring back Clancy, Baxter ...

Focus on twelve games..

• GusFring505 said... (original post)What 8 teams?I thought about Washington but harrell playbook will still be the same 3 plays and Lake did good shutting it down.

We didn't have Slovis in the UW game last year. He might be a difference maker this year.

This post was edited by oldtrojan 93 9 months ago

• oldtrojan 93 said... (original post)We didn't have Slovis in the UW game last year. He might be a difference maker this year.

Naw.

More of the same from last year.

Doubt Slovis and daniels make it past bama.
  • Washington should have the best defense they've had since they got stuffed by Alabama in the CFP. Although their defense actually played pretty well in that game.

Their questions will be on offense, new coordinator, Eason left, top RB left, top TE left, three linemen left, most of their starting WR's left, if not all.

Not so sure they'll beat USC in LA.

• Scott Cochran goes to Georgia.

Bet the helton lovers think helton has a real chance to beat Bama now...

• GusFring505 said... (original post)Yeah.These weak recruiting classes are going to really hit this year.Starting with the o line and lb's...

We're acting as if the line isn't a mess,the our backups lack talent and experience, and this is before the fixer upper recruiting class full of project lineman have even arrived.

PG isn't THAT guy and just might not be a dude but the excuses and wait and sees are going to be thrown around.

Iosefa is just a guy. Some need to accept that and stop acting like he's going to turn into some player he just isn't. ConMan is going to dress him up for media day and hit you with that senior captain talk, but the tape don't lie.

Our secondary was talked up positively way too much taking into account actual performance.

Remember fellas, we control our destiny in the Pac-12 South.

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 9 months ago

• BlackLeftLeft said... (original post)We're acting as if the line isn't a mess,the our backups lack talent and experience, and this is before the fixer upper recruiting class full ...

The reasons you mentioned are why I predict USC going .500.

I didn't do that to be funny but some on here think orlando is going to turn this defense into a top 5 defense in one camp.

And PG is going to magically go from mediocre to the #1 draft pick.

And lets not forget USC is suppose to increase the intensity in practice this year.

Club 88 is going to stay filled to capacity so players who have been at USC for 4 years and haven't played a down are finally going to see the field.

This is going to be one of the worse seasons ever imo...
  • Aaaaaah........one team can lift weights and the other can't?

• Somebody with more editing skills should make a mock pump up video like that with “ice cream”.... “laser tag”..... “patty cake”.... “the Helton factor”

• It is a quandary, while I don’t want us to lose, if this takes to get rid of helton I am sort of ok with this. I don’t think we will lose that many games though. With the upgrade in coaching staff, the physicality, and culture change, we could only lose to bama. We don’t need a great line, just one to keep Slovis safe. He has convinced me he can make plays when needed. Look at last year and see how many times he escaped a sure tackle.

• No more 'Jayden doesnt have USC talent' excuses anymo, right????

• GusFring505 said... (original post)What 8 teams?I thought about Washington but harrell playbook will still be the same 3 plays and Lake did good shutting it down.Washington second...

Did they shut it down or did we not have a qb with enough arm strength to stress the defense?
  • BlackLeftLeft said... (original post)We're acting as if the line isn't a mess,the our backups lack talent and experience, and this is before the fixer upper recruiting class full ...

Although I agree with you, I just think it's enough talent on the current roster that Helton is going to win 10 games by offense alone. I expect Helton will hit the Grad Transfer Market for a few Offensive Tackles. Throw in that bulldozer at running back, club88 if he decides he really wants to play football again, a seasoned qb with a solid back-up which we will need and you have the makings of something very special offensively. Defensively I still think we are slow as hell, but if guys can just be fundamentally sound and tackle it could be a middle of the pack defense that does just enough to win ball games.
  • iluvuscoH said... (original post)Although I agree with you, I just think it's enough talent on the current roster that Helton is going to win 10 games by offense alone. I exp...

Narratives I'll Most Likely Shamlessly Be Pushing in Spring:

-We are slow overall and not particularly fast at "speed" positions

-Don't expect Club88 to be a dude.

-Most OT in the portal are probably bums and we're delusional to think we'll find a guy (don't try to sell me on how great Drew Richmond).

-USC will screw up the RB rotation,starve Stepp, and deny the people Smash and Dash by letting Christion collect dust on the sidelines as well.

• GusFring505 said... (original post)Bama - No comment LNew Mexico - Should've been the first game imo. Wouldn't be surprised if this game is closer than it should be WStanford - Sa...

Gus are you an Arizona State fan or an Jayden Daniels fan? You sure praise and overhype that team. What gives?
  • iluvuscoH said... (original post)Did they shut it down or did we not have a qb with enough arm strength to stress the defense?

You wasn't saying that after the Utah game.

Most of you thought fink was nfl material...