USC All-Three Stars or less Team (2000 - 2020)

USC All-Three Stars or less Team (2000 - 2020)

• QB Kedon Slovis ***
    RB Curtis McNeal ***
    FB Stanley Havili ***
    WR Deontay Burnett ***
    WR Mike Williams ***
    TE Jordan Cameron (No Stars)

OT Charles Brown ***
    OG Marcu Martin ***
    C Ryan Kalil ***
    OG John Drake **
    OT Chad Wheeler ***

DT Mike Patterson ***
    DT Fili Moala ***
    DE Morgan Breslin ***
    DE Christian Rector ***

DE/OLB Clay Matthews (No Stars)
    OLB Uchenna Nwosu ***
    OLB Lofa Tatupu *

S/CB Josh Pinkard ***
    S Kevin Ellison ***
    CB Terrell Thomas ***
    CB Ajene Harris ***

K Tom Malone ***

What do you think?

• Discussion
  • Ajene Harris LOL

• Disrespectful.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/3/13/21178031/xfl-players-eagles-news-suspension-coronavirus-phillip-walker-pj-cam-phillips-philadelphia-will-hill

CB AJENE HARRIS
    The Eagles originally signed Harris as an undrafted rookie free agent in training camp last year. He re-joined the team for a stint on the practice squad before getting waived again. Harris led the XFL in pass breakups with six and graded out as PFF’s seventh best corner. The USC alumnus only turns 24 in June so it can’t hurt to bring him back for a spot on the 90-man offseason roster.

How Eagles rookie Ajene Harris played in a game two days after signing

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/how-eagles-rookie-ajene-harris-played-game-two-days-after-signing

At USC he started a game at WR as a true frosh, was later a multi year starter at Nickel, and also started a game at S. So yeah, 3 different positions and on both sides of the ball.

As a prep, Harris was Cal-Hi All State second team and was the All-L.A. City Division I Player of the Year for 2013. He was also All-City 1st Team as a junior.

ajene-harris.jpeg
  • 6 picks, including 3 returned for tds, 2018 All-Pac 12 Honorable Mention.

• Clay Matthews has to be the funniest. So small, his dad was his HS coach and wouldn't let him play his sophomore year for fear he'd get killed. No college offers, walked on, became a starter and a star for us, 1st Round draft pick, multiple All-Pros, etc. Just goes to show all the recruiting expertise in the world misses some.

• TroyJD said... (original post)Clay Matthews has to be the funniest. So small, his dad was his HS coach and wouldn't let him play his sophomore year for fear he'd get killed. No co...

Tell us how a recruiting expert should have projected a 6-1, less than 180 pound one year starter to become a 6-3 245lbs force? No one missed, he was just an extreme outlier and a late bloomer of the highest order.

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 3 months ago

• TroyJD said... (original post)Clay Matthews has to be the funniest. So small, his dad was his HS coach and wouldn't let him play his sophomore year for fear he'd get kil...

The Roids served Matthews well. There's no way a persons body blows up like that without getting juiced.

• poodlemothra said... (original post)The Roids served Matthews well. There's no way a persons body blows up like that without getting juiced.

Some have made steroid accusations.

But one also has to consider the genetics and then examine if him being a "late bloomer" is more plausible than simply attributing his growth to being a juicer.

His Dad was an All Pro LB, his uncle is a HOF lineman, his brother played 5 yrs in the NFL, his cousin was a 1st Round OL, and he also has another brother and cousin that played college ball.

The reports of his weight coming in to USC are all over the place. Does anyone have a real figure or a solid recollection? I doubt he was < 200lbs.

kpiwcf-26usc1large-1.jpg

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 3 months ago

• poodlemothra said... (original post)The Roids served Matthews well. There's no way a persons body blows up like that without getting juiced.

I don't know. His father, two uncles and a brother all played in the NFL, so he had the genes.

I walked into the Orange Bowl Oklahoma game behind the Bush family after they got out the limousine Lake got them. His brother was shorter than their mother; at the Heisman ceremony the next year, he towered over her and Reggie.

• When Clay graduated from USC, he was almost the exact same size his father was when he played in the NFL in the 80’s.

• TroyJD said... (original post)I don't know. His father, two uncles and a brother all played in the NFL, so he had the genes.I walked into the Orange Bowl Oklahoma game behind ...

When I was in the 9th grade, I was 5’6”. By the time I entered the 10th grade, I was 6’2. I basically grew 8 inches over the spring and summer. And didnt gain a pound, lol.