USC fighting it out with Tulane for #70 as Bohn sits on his arse

USC fighting it out with Tulane for #70 as Bohn sits on his arse

• December 18 is the early signing period.

https://youtu.be/_5Sh9CEX2wM

• Discussion
  • me checking the internet every 5 min to see if clay has been fired yet:

user generated

• Can you imagine how far USC recruiting will fall if Bohn has decided to stay with Clay Helton?

Heading into next season with a lame duck head coach. It's as if USC is purposely trying to sabotage it's football program.

• Can you imagine how much easier it would have been to keep Helton if they didn't fire Swann? Or at the very least still continued the AD search? I don't think Bohn left a cush job to come to USC and be the fall guy when the school decides to keep Helton. No amount of money is worth that wrath and scorn. Not to mention what it would do to his career and reputation. Try to calm down.

• ItsCasual said... (original post) December 18 is the early signing period. https://youtu.be/_5Sh9CEX2wM

How do you know what Bohn is doing? Please enlighten us all. Trust me, if you have inside info that Bohn is sitting on his arse, many folks on the P would love to know. Thx

• ItsCasual said... (original post) December 18 is the early signing period. https://youtu.be/_5Sh9CEX2wM

Your need to constantly create threads to criticize the new AD that just stated the job at SC is at best, odd.

• editnorth said... (original post) How do you know what Bohn is doing? Please enlighten us all. Trust me, if you have inside info that Bohn is sitting on his arse, many folks on th...

How much effort would it take for Bohn (who supposedly has autonomy over the athletic dept.) to tell Carol Folt,

"Urban Meyer has 10 times the integrity as that former co-conspirator criminal accomplice former USC president C.L. Max Nikias that you and the BoT shoved off into the corner somewhere here on campus, and who you are still paying millions of dollars to, so let's cut the crap about you wanting to establish integrity".

"So here's how it is, you hired me to fix this mess that Pat Haden and Lynn Swann created, so I have been in contact with some very generous donors and we have secured the funds to make Urban Meyer an offer he can't refuse and now if you would be so kind as to get the hell out of my way, let me do my job."
  • ItsCasual said... (original post) How much effort would it take for Bohn (who supposedly has autonomy over the athletic dept.) to tell Carol Folt,"Urban Meyer has 10 times th...

And how do you know he hasn't said this or something like it to her? Once again, if you have inside info, please enlighten us, otherwise what you are saying is pure speculation.

• Casual has insiders who fly Delta with boosters...didnt you know???
    ????????

• ItsCasual said... (original post) How much effort would it take for Bohn (who supposedly has autonomy over the athletic dept.) to tell Carol Folt,"Urban Meyer has 10 times the int...

Ok. How do you know that UM doesn't know he has USC bent over and he is making insane demands? Negotiating 101. He has asked for $15m a year, full control, plus a mansion. Now Bohn is doing his job to make this work by saying " ok, let's make this work but let's be reasonable. You can have full control if ...... but $15m is way too much. And the mansion, really?". UM may be negotiating DC and OC names and money. All kinds of things. These things can't be rushed and or leaked out so that message board posters aren't freaking out.
  • editnorth said... (original post) How do you know what Bohn is doing? Please enlighten us all. Trust me, if you have inside info that Bohn is sitting on his arse, many folks on th...

It's casual is always on a DELTA Flight with the higher ups or on a bus, so take that back to the P

• I really do not care about the ranking, some 5* star guys never even suit up at SC. I want quality recruits who want to be at SC and have not reached their ceiling. I am happy that many of the the OL recruits are over 6'6. With that frame they can get around 310-330 with weights and nutrition. I still would be recruiting Wisconsin's OL recruits, those guys were blowing holes and pushing around the Minn Dlineman.

• dem4sc said... (original post) I really do not care about the ranking, some 5* star guys never even suit up at SC. I want quality recruits who want to be at SC and have not reache...

There are not many OL that are highly rated anyways. Only one 4 or 5 star OG in the whole state of California.

• dem4sc said... (original post) I really do not care about the ranking, some 5* star guys never even suit up at SC. I want quality recruits who want to be at SC and have not reache...

Part of the reason 5* talent doesn't see the field is because Clancy refuses to rotate and play players. He will sit a player out and let them go undeveloped rather then play them over a lesser playing player he feels knows his system. See Wole as one example. You don't get many 5* OL and Helton struck out at recruiting most. Then having his buddy Calloway coaching them and Ivan in charge of S&C, well we all see the results. Then when you have 5* talent playing in a Gumbo Offense they don't get to shine unless they take it upon themselves. Helton playing players out of place like Toa, ruined everyone's chances and not starting the best players like Darnold also hurt players. So 4* & 5* talent with a coach who will develop them and use them properly like Saban and Meyer do I'll take all day. 3* talent with Helton developing them and choosing who plays. No way! After 45 years of watching USC Football I might need to take a break.