USC just lets the rumors run rampant

USC just lets the rumors run rampant

Arrow6
  • Instead of just coming out and saying whether they're going to keep Clay or not.

They know what they're going to do, just announce it instead of turning this whole process into another clown show.

It's damn embarrassing and Bohn appears to be as worthless as that idiot Lynn Swann.

• Discussion
  • I agree, the admin is either blind to how much anticipation is out there or they just don’t care. Any leaks of this magnitude without any official announcement to put it to rest one way or the other kind of breeds amateur hour. They don’t realize how much we want to hear this news. They are blind and ignorant to their own fan base.

Any discussion on firing should have been limited to a few key individuals and everyone should have been forced to sign an NDA. Better yet, they should have had a plan in place to discuss, inform and announce it immediately, leaving little room (time) for leaks.

• USC replaced two clowns with two other clowns and that's why nothing has changed, USC is still a clown show.

• ItsCasual said... (original post) Instead of just coming out and saying whether they're going to keep Clay or not.They know what they're going to do, just announce it in...

Or perhaps there was a plan and timeline in place to inform Helton, let the team know and announce on Monday .... then someone jumped the gun.

• SCgrad96_ said... (original post) Or perhaps there was a plan and timeline in place to inform Helton, let the team know and announce on Monday .... then someone jumped the gun.

The response so far seems like this is quite possible

• What are they going to say? "We're going to keep him until Dec 1 depending on whether Utah loses and/or contractual obligations allow us to unload him for less financial impact."

They're handling it exactly how they're supposed to.

• Agreed

• I think the plan was more like, fire him if we don't make the CCG; if we do, evaluate after. BUT, I would have expected an 11 AM news conference if they are axing him.

• TroyJD said... (original post) BUT, I would have expected an 11 AM news conference if they are axing him.

Agree, but not on a Sunday.

Monday 11am.

• Still, you have to admit (as the OP suggested), this admin does a terrible job of managing the narrative in general. SC is a top 10 communications school and they can’t even manage their own image. How hard can that really be with all of the amazing history and storied tradition!?! Makes me wonder about the organization and leadership.

• SiC semper troia said... (original post) Still, you have to admit (as the OP suggested), this admin does a terrible job of managing the narrative in general. SC is a top 10 commun...

Seriously, they need to tap into that communications program. This has been anything but smooth.
  • goslugsgo said... (original post) Agree, but not on a Sunday. Monday 11am.

No presser at 11 today, either.

"The Ides of March are come."

"Aye, Caesar, but not passed."

• Showtime needs to round up their reporters and cover “The Circus - College Football Edition”

• TrojanZeke said... (original post) Showtime needs to round up their reporters and cover “The Circus - College Football Edition”

You don't think they are having a hard time because they don't yet know all the people involved very well yet?

• Helton is going to play out his contract. ND wins all games.

• R-e-L-a-x they just got here let them do this the right way they only get one shot at doing it right ...hopefully , we're on their schedule their not on ours coffee

This post was edited by Trojanfolife11X 9 days ago

• The other PAC 12 schools will be laughing their **** off if he is retained .