USC reports one new positive COVID-19 test

USC reports one new positive COVID-19 test

• Discussion
  • To read this post and more, subscribe now - One Month for Only $1

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • More frequent testing is not necessary. According to the article, the student-athlete arrived at USC with Corona Virus. Essentially, USC has had 0 positive tests in the last 2 rounds of testing. USC must be doing a GREAT job in getting the student-athletes to comply with their plan. They have created a solid bubble and are serious about having a season. Hopefully the rest of the Pac-12 is doing the same.

Join
  • EastLAtrojan31 said... (original post)More frequent testing is not necessary. According to the article, the student-athlete arrived at USC with Corona Virus. Essentially, USC has ...

? Any bubble is as fragile as those we all used to blow as kids. One girlfriend who comes back from a meeting or group; one family member who forgets and shakes hands, etc. Bubbles are never solid or permanent. All we can do is hope for the best.

• Another 72 hours of flu-like symptoms followed by a flu-like recovery

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join
  • "The Trojans' seem to have figured out a path to success in containing the virus among its student-athletes. Last week, the athletic department reported no new positive cases for the first time since testing began in mid-June."

But is this process standardized throughout the PAC-12? If not, then we will have problems.

• Just call the season off already. Don't play again until there's a vaccine. Case: solved.

• doublegeez said... (original post)Just call the season off already. Don't play again until there's a vaccine. Case: solved.

TBH, I'm starting not to care if there is a season, late season or no season.

But I do care about the contract situations with the staff.

Those need to be worked out pronto.

And I think all players shouldn't get an extra year of eligibility...

• Bubbles can be as solid as you make them. No one in my household of 5 has been infected. It can be done with testing once a week. Everyone has to do their part.

• Decides? I don't believe the virus ever decides. It needs a host, and as long as the players don't make themselves susceptible to becoming a host the program will be fine with weekly testing. My household of 5 have done their part and we are safe and healthy. If 5 can follow protocol, so can 85+.

Join

Join