USC's OL Vera-Tucker is the best pass blocking guard nationally

USC's OL Vera-Tucker is the best pass blocking guard nationally

• Discussion
  • The last mock draft had no Trojans in the first 2 rounds, which was ridiculous. AVT, Tufele, St Brown, Hufanga, and even PG, if he picks up his game, could go in the 1st round and 2nd round alone. The pac 12 just isn't looked at seriously like the SEC who get all of the love. So sad.

• And yet AVT is not listed on the top 30 returning PAC 12 player list that includes other o linemen?! SMH

• Sapper1 said... (original post)The last mock draft had no Trojans in the first 2 rounds, which was ridiculous. AVT, Tufele, St Brown, Hufanga, and even PG, if he picks up his game...

"COULD", being the operative word. Will you be shocked if not a single one of those guys in the first 2 rounds? I won't.

• He’s the best blocking guard in the country, but is playing LT.

• blemblam said... (original post)He’s the best blocking guard in the country, but is playing LT.

The switch makes sense.

I'd rather have a good T (assuming he isn't exactly at the same level at T that he was at G which was elite in some aspects) , and an aiight G(whoever is set to replace him there) than a great G (Tucker last year) and an aiiight/possiblysuspect T (whatever unproven guy that caused them to want to move Tucker).

T is more important than G, especially taking into account modern cfb offenses. LG historically at times been where the weak link is placed.

The fact that they moved him that tells us what they think of the talent at T. Worst case, he gets moved back if he doesn't perform up expectations.
  • BlackLeftLeft said... (original post)The switch makes sense. I'd rather have a good T (assuming he isn't exactly at the same level at T that he was at G which was elite ...

Oh, I totally understand and support the switch. He’s our best O lineman. I just found it ironic that they say he’s the best blocking LG but he isn’t playing LG. I hope he does well. We need Slovis healthy.

• Sapper1 said... (original post)The last mock draft had no Trojans in the first 2 rounds, which was ridiculous. AVT, Tufele, St Brown, Hufanga, and even PG, if he picks up his game...

Don't blame the NFL or ESPN. I will be very blunt with you: if you really like football, the Pac12 is not for you. Don't pay any attention to Scott or our conference ADs, they will just spout the usual admin-ease about how wonderful things are in the "conference of champions," blah, blah. The west coast has become less and less the social environment that grows good football, and that trend will continue. You have to get past the old "California is one of the big 3 hotbeds for recruits" blather and examine what kind of people populate our region and their attitudes toward a violent sport like football. I have been saying this for years, and now more and more people are seeing this same thing. The Pac12 will NEVER take football as seriously as a conference as the SEC, from the commish, to the university presidents, ADs, staffs, fans, everyone. It's all about demographics.