Washington- unimpressed

Washington- unimpressed

Arrow3
  • Dude.stop.

• 23Savage said... (original post) You're really bad at this. What is your point here? Petersen recruited Kellen Moore and in no way was he anywhere close to being as talented ...

moore was very low level recruit who petersen coached up. that what petersen does.

• JuanPeligroso said... (original post) Maybe he's not cut out for the spotlight and high pressure at those programs. Afraid to leave the PNW.

I doubt he is afraid. look at all the non conf stuff he scheduled at boise. He played auburn last yr. I just dont think he wants to live in those areas.

• JuanPeligroso said... (original post) 2-4 in the Pac 12 is what's unimpressive. What IS impressive is the amount of coffee you must have drunk today.

so good coaches cant have down years?

• 23Savage said... (original post) No, it's not about the pressure. He's under pressure at UW to win, especially after raising the expectations recently. He just wants to ...

there is some truth to this. but I dont think every top program is as corrupt as you say they are.

• JuanPeligroso said... (original post) So if he is truly under pressure to win, at 2-4 in conference, Petersen should be on the hot seat, no? USC is 4-2 and people are calling for ...

he is not on the heat because he has consistent track record of winning. you cant compare him to helton who is only product of nepotism. helton has never really done anything much in his career. other than maybe help to recruit darnold. but yes, there are less expectations at uw.

• JuanPeligroso said... (original post) By that rationale, shouldn't Petersen know Wilcox's defense better than anybody? And are you also saying that Petersen is running t...

I agree that wilcox seems to have uw's number. they do play well against uw. I have no answer for that one. uw should be beating cal. true

• GoneQuackers said... (original post) Savage23 is the biggest troll on the internet.Again, Petersen has a .67 win percentage as a P5 coach. He cleaned up in the little leagues and ...

most coaches do go 1-4 in bowls when they play teams with a lot more talent. those games against osu, psu and bama were not blowouts. uw was not as talented, but they hung in there. if you lose to a top 5 team by a few points, you can look at it simply as another loss. or you can say that you are literally almost as good as the team you just played.

• BlackLeftLeft said... (original post) Meyer never hit women.All thia character stuff is about things other people did.He didn't throw the grandson of one of his mentors under ...

Black, don't sugarcoat it. I read all the reports in this. my wiofe is lawyer and football fan. and she felt smith was as guilty as sin.

meyer lied about it to the media. he later had to retract his statements and he tried to spin it another away, his lawyers gave him the answers he needed to go into damage control. He hired and then later protected a guy that he knew had beaten his wife. he pulled a lot of stuff at florida too. he did it to keep his osu team on top. he did it keep winning games. how would you feel about meyer if the woman in question was your wife, sister, mother or daughter. the only reasons meyer ever skates away clean is because he wins tons of football games. and people will do anything to win games and or make money. why take a chance on this guy. I wish meyer the best. maybe I am wrong about him. I will root for him if he comes to sc. I just like other candidates more. You may not want Petersen. that is fine too. fight on!

This post was edited by UPPERWESTSIDETROJAN 3 months ago

• UPPERWESTSIDETROJAN said... (original post) Black, don't sugarcoat it. I read all the reports in this. my wiofe is lawyer and football fan. and she felt smith was as guilty a...

I see it as a risk vs reward decision. Has Meyer made some mistakes in the past? Of course, who hasn't? That's no guarantee that he will repeat those mistakes. And by all accounts he's smart enough to learn from them. USC is also very compliance conscious since the sanctions and has strengthened the admin accordingly. Meyer's success in other programs and potential for success at USC has massive upside not only for the football program but the entire university. There is no other coach available that comes close to his potential to instantly transform the program. Certainly not Chris Petersen. USC can take measures to mitigate the risks or downside that you perceive he brings to the table. It's not rocket surgery.

• UPPERWESTSIDETROJAN said... (original post) Black, don't sugarcoat it. I read all the reports in this. my wiofe is lawyer and football fan. and she felt smith was as guilty a...

Asking how I'd feel if the woman was my relative, daughter, etc. card is bs, appeal to emotion nonsense. I'll answer though.

Women in my family don't take sht from a man like that. If someone in our family beat one of our women, we'd deal with it hands on, straight up. That has never happened. We don't play that sht. We don't even play any forms of disrespect and a couple dudes have been checked by my uncles who are not opposed to street/out of court justice. That's the cloth I'm cut from.

If a woman is raised right she not only will not be attracted to an abusive man, she will a.) leave after the first instance of domestic violence, b) report it to the police or c.) Do both.

If a woman chooses to stay with a man that beats her, that is on her. It's not society's problem, her abuser's employers problem, etc. The whole domestic abuse narrative has always framed the women as some powerless victim of circumstance. If we want to talk equality, treating women the same as men, why are we still sticking to the weak/powerless woman narrative? That's nonsense.

No one asked her to choose that man. What the hell do her choices have to do with the rest of us. That is HER issue.

So now since the wife of one of Urban's assistant's had issues with her homelife and chose to stay with an abusive man until she didn't want to anymore, Urban's not fit to be our AD? Did Urban do anything criminal?

We won't even go into the amount of false claims made by women, specifically in divorce and child custody cases. Talk to any lawyer and they'll tell you how horrific things get when a woman knows she can play the he beat me or abused the kids card. Society doesn't want to talk about that though.

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 3 months ago

• BlackLeftLeft said... (original post) The how would I feel if the woman was my wife, daughter card is bs, appeal to emotion nonsense. I'll answer though.Women in my family don;t t...

Holy ***** you're a very, very stupid person.
  • 23Savage said... (original post) Like I said, it's a rebuilding season for UW and they're still a damn good team and getting better every week.

Well you were half right.
  • Helton coming back. Saved by a good OC hire and another hidden gem QB. LMAO suck it. No Urbz for you.

• Hey guys, guess who lost to this terrible UW team...

• 23Savage said... (original post) Winning 10 or more games four seasons in a row is reason to start talking about UW winning a national championship. UW will win 10 games again thi...

Lulz.
  • 23Savage said... (original post) Helton coming back. Saved by a good OC hire and another hidden gem QB. LMAO suck it. No Urbz for you.

USC lives in your head rent free

• FightOn714 said... (original post) USC lives in your head rent free

UW beat USC HAHAHAHAHA.

• 23Savage said... (original post) UW beat USC HAHAHAHAHA.

Yup, at least USC fans know their program is in a bad place right now, you still think you are national championship players in the next few years.
  • UPPERWESTSIDETROJAN said... (original post) he is not on the heat because he has consistent track record of winning. you cant compare him to helton who is only product of nepotism...

Petersen never has done anything much except padding his w/l record with the BJC cupcake schedule in the WAC/MWC.

Yeah, he beat Big Game Bob in the Fiesta Bowl; where he was unprepared for Petersen’s repertoire of trick plays.

• 23Savage said... (original post) UW beat USC HAHAHAHAHA.

UW lost to Colorado and SC has never lost to Colorado.
  • 23Savage said... (original post) Hey guys, guess who lost to this terrible UW team...

And we have been talking about firing the head coach all season. UW is 3-5 in a very weak conference and you are talking about playoffs. Sounds like beating a poorly coached USC team is your Super Bowl. Enjoy it. Even a weak Pac 12 isn't as soft as the Mountain West.

This post was edited by JuanPeligroso 3 months ago

• NebrVandal said... (original post) Petersen never has done anything much except padding his w/l record with the BJC cupcake schedule in the WAC/MWC. Yeah, he beat Big Game Bob in ...

Also, that 2007 Fiesta Bowl was a long time ago. PC was still at USC then.

• FightOn714 said... (original post) Oregon takes the North We’ll face them in the conference title game

Amazing that this is still on the table.

• JuanPeligroso said... (original post) Amazing that this is still on the table.

Proving just how weak the pack 12 south is.