What I heard regarding PJ Fleck

What I heard regarding PJ Fleck

• I have a friend on the Board of Regents here at the U of M. Before Fleck got his extension earlier this week, the Board was terrified that he would jump ship midseason to take an available position at a major P5 school. Fleck's agent made it clear that "feelers" had been sent his way from FSU and another school which had not yet fired it's coach.

Now that 2nd school could be USC, and if it is that could mean they are at least fishing for accomplished coaches not named Urban Meyer.

Probably nothing earth shattering for this board to hear, but I figured I'd share some intell since I just whopped my friend's **** in racquet ball (yes we're THAT white).

• Discussion
  • Row, row, row your boat, gently down the LA River.

This post was edited by oldtrojan 93 11 days ago

• USCinMN said... (original post) I have a friend on the Board of Regents here at the U of M. Before Fleck got his extension earlier this week, the Board was terrified that he would ...

by any chance, were you two flying Delta?

• USCinMN said... (original post) I have a friend on the Board of Regents here at the U of M. Before Fleck got his extension earlier this week, the Board was terrified that he would ...

You make a logical speculation and admit you do not know it for a fact. Refreshing.

• 7-0 Minnesota....he has this team well prepared and they look extremely disciplined....and they tackle well.

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post) by any chance, were you two flying Delta?

shrug
    I don't get it

Fleck has an overall record of 42-35.

Sounds about mediocre to folks who want a sure thing as head coach...

• GusFring505 said... (original post) Fleck has an overall record of 42-35.Sounds about mediocre to folks who want a sure thing as head coach...

But there is no doubt Minnesota is getting better. I am not going to look it up, but Kill was the best coach they'd had in decades and he was break-even.

• TroyJD said... (original post) But there is no doubt Minnesota is getting better. I am not going to look it up, but Kill was the best coach they'd had in decades and he was break-...

Who has Minnesota played again this year until today?
  • GusFring505 said... (original post) Who has Minnesota played again this year until today?

Good point but they have beaten teams they are supposed to beat... and for the most part have done it easily.
  • USCinMN said... (original post) Good point but they have beaten teams they are supposed to beat... and for the most part have done it easily.

LOL!

Maybe you should've looked at their schedule before you made this comment...
  • GusFring505 said... (original post) Who has Minnesota played again this year until today?

Wisconsin.

• USCinMN said... (original post) Good point but they have beaten teams they are supposed to beat... and for the most part have done it easily.

I can't remember them beating Wisconsin. And they are up on PSU at the moment. Seems like those have been blowouts since the rocks were soft.

• Ahhh, inside joke aimed at another poster, a supposed "insider" who was flying on a Delta flight allegedly close enough to a BOT member that he heard all the "inside scoop." Nonsense of course, as I doubt many of our BOT members fly coach, esp. on Delta. But ever since then, when some of us heard "inside info" we respond with the infamous Delta reference. For the record, I do not doubt your story in the least....

• TroyJD said... (original post) I can't remember them beating Wisconsin. And they are up on PSU at the moment. Seems like those have been blowouts since the rocks were soft.

They play UW the last game of the year
  • GusFring505 said... (original post) LOL!Maybe you should've looked at their schedule before you made this comment...

I'm not advocating for hiring Fleck, I'm just saying he's got something going here, and he did at Western Michigan as well.

This post was edited by USCinMN 11 days ago

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post) Ahhh, inside joke aimed at another poster, a supposed "insider" who was flying on a Delta flight allegedly close enough to a BOT member that ...

Aha. That makes more sense now. For the record, I'm more likely to fly Spirit because I'm cheap.
  • USCinMN said... (original post) They play UW the last game of the year

Really? ESPN shows they beat Wiscy on 10-19, 24-23. And for the guys who know everything, they just went up 21-10 on PSU off a bomb following an interception and stuffed them again in their own end.

Most years, Minn has been physically overmatched against these teams - not now.

This post was edited by TroyJD 11 days ago

• TroyJD said... (original post) Really? ESPN shows they beat Wiscy on 10-19, 24-23. And for the guys who know everything, they just went up 21-10 on PSU off a bomb following an int...

They did beat Wisconsin last year.

• USCinMN said... (original post) I'm not advocating for hiring Fleck, I'm just saying he's got something going here, and he did at NDSU as well.

NDSU??? What "NDSU" are you referring to?

FIGHT ON!

• Watching Minnesota against Ped St, I have to say I'm impressed. A very well coached team that doesn't have the talent of a Ped St, but is, so far, beating them.

• nitch19 said... (original post) NDSU??? What "NDSU" are you referring to?FIGHT ON!

That was dumb. Guy I'm at the game with has been talking about his alma mater all game. Edited my stupidity
  • USCinMN said... (original post) That was dumb. Guy I'm at the game with has been talking about his alma mater all game. Edited my stupidity

No problem:). And, oh.....great......a f*ckin' Bizon fan. I hate that program and fan base with all my being.

Ask him why he's not in Fargo today watching the Bizon at the RollerDome.

FIGHT ON!

This post was edited by nitch19 11 days ago

• nitch19 said... (original post) No problem:). And, oh.....great......a f*ckin' Bizon fan. I hate that program and fan base with all my being.Ask him why he's not in Farg...

Grizz fans are annoying also. I freaking hate Missoula.

• GusFring505 said... (original post) Fleck has an overall record of 42-35.Sounds about mediocre to folks who want a sure thing as head coach...

are you joking? the first few years you have to build a program. you dont win 10 games in the first 2 years unless you happen to have a 4 and 5 star roster right off the bat. fleck took a lousy western mich program to undefeated. now he is building Minnesota up. fleck is really good and has weak talent too.

This post was edited by UPPERWESTSIDETROJAN 11 days ago

• NebrVandal said... (original post) Grizz fans are annoying also. I freaking hate Missoula.

Yep, agreed. Outside the MVFC, they'd be at the top of my list. Played them there, non-conference my junior year. They were annoying alright...

FIGHT ON!