• Chris Klieman

• That's a good choice.

• You didn’t list Jeff Fisher

• Pete Carroll

• Rhule

Fleck

Campbell

Klieman

• Urban will not decline. If he wasn’t interested we would have heard that long ago.

• usctrojanglory said... (original post) RhuleFleckCampbell Klieman

Rhule and Fleck just signed long term extensions with huge buyouts. They are not options.

• None of the above....my guy everybody would throw stones at.

• I believe that it is already a done deal, like the other poster said, he would have already denied being interested. I am guessing that there is a timeline and CCH will not be fired until after the ugly game but once he is UM will be announced a short time after. Just in time to swing some recruits by 12/18. It appears he will be able to recruit through 12/15. Hell, he could drive to all of their homes over a few days. of course, he could always use the helicopter approach, like Ricky did.

Division I Bowl Sub-division Football Dead Periods
    August 1-31, 2019
    Except: The 48 hours before a home game in August or September 1-2 through the 48 hours after the conclusion of the game is considered a quiet period
    December 16, 2019 – January 16, 2020
    Except: The seven days immediately before the first day of classes of the institution’s second academic term that are not part of the contact period (applicable only to prospective student athletes who intend to enroll midyear) is a quiet period
    Except: December 15-21, 2019 is a contact period for National Service Academies
    Except: January 10-12, 2020 is a quiet period for National Service Academies
    *December 16-19, 2019 for midyear JUCO NLI Signing Period remains a dead period for junior college prospective student-athletes who intend to enroll midyear

• USCTraveler said... (original post) Urban will not decline. If he wasn’t interested we would have heard that long ago.

Usually coaches want another offer for better leverage...but not sure why he would need any. Fox won’t match the numbers we’re talking about. I haven’t heard anything about him talking to other programs.

• FightOn714 said... (original post) You didn’t list Jeff Fisher

Don't even joke like that.
  • We should have kept Orgeron

• TrojanEconomist said... (original post) Usually coaches want another offer for better leverage...but not sure why he would need any. Fox won’t match the numbers we’re talking abou...

Exactly. That’s why we would have heard he’s not interested if he didn’t want it. There’s no point in setting up a leverage play.

• TrojanEconomist said... (original post) Usually coaches want another offer for better leverage...but not sure why he would need any. Fox won’t match the numbers we’re talking abou...

Agreed. I don't really see how Meyer could get any more leverage than Helton has already provided anyway. But, I don't see any other schools who would match USC either. It seems like all the power programs are set at HC? FSU is probably not one of them. Maybe the NFL could out bid USC?

This post was edited by JuanPeligroso 12 days ago

• HDSCfan8 said... (original post) Rhule and Fleck just signed long term extensions with huge buyouts. They are not options.

And that's exactly what makes Jack Del Rio more appealing.

• Mike Norvell

• The way you think, I like it.

• Tom Herman. :)

• The way you think, I like it.

• Kennedy Polamalu. Not for coaching. But because he punched kiffin in the face. IN THE FAAAACE!(cop from the movie the hangover)

• Stoops.

I think he's a sleeper and I am surprised he is not mentioned too much on the board. He will bring toughness and championship experience that is needed in our program. Plus, I think he will have a chip on his shoulder to prove that he is still among the elite coaches of college fooball. Furthermore, he is a type of coach that would stay at a program for years to come as he is stranglely not coveted by the NFL.

• USCTraveler said... (original post) Urban will not decline. If he wasn’t interested we would have heard that long ago.

I'm with you on that. If urban wasn't going to entertain it he or his wife would have already said something.
  • He will not be offered the job.

• Stoops?? ... Snitches get stitches!!

• rosebowl07 said... (original post) He will not be offered the job.

You have sources ?