Wilner: USC football ranks No. 1 coaching job among the Pac-12 conference

Wilner: USC football ranks No. 1 coaching job among the Pac-12 conference

• Discussion
  • Wilmer's right. It has been stated over and over on any of the College Football talk shows I've listened to.
    So what did Haden, an SC Rhodes Scholars, former pro & college football player and analyst, see in Helton to offer him one of the crown jewels of college coaching. Seccondly, what did Swann, another former alum pro & college football player, see in Helton to extend him, Finally, why has Bohn, an outsider, kept him. It seems all three know that he is unqualified but all three have chosen the route of least resistance.
    They care not for the greater good of the university & program but for their immediate benefit [whether meaning no/less confrontation with their boss, don't want to work for their paycheque, use position for benefit in other areas, etc].
    So if the university isn't all in on the football program, maybe it is no longer one of the best jobs as winning a Naty becomes one of chance and not design.
    #BoycottTrojanGames&Gear

• Nothing like having the #367 guy in the #1 job.

• What people seem to be missing is that CH is killing the entire Athletic Department. Football revenue pays for everything. Helton is destroying USC's athletic heritage. They should rename it Helton Hall -- BREACH the contract with Helton -- save the program. You'll never get back the money that he is costing you today. Never.

• Stupid is what stupid does.

• All Lies. All an attempt to keep west coast readership happy. But it is a Lie, USC is not amongst the Elite jobs and Elite programs nation wide. Sure, nicely ranked amongst Pac12 programs. But who cares about the pac12?

• NatyOrBust said... (original post)Wilmer's right. It has been stated over and over on any of the College Football talk shows I've listened to. So what did Haden, an SC R...

Look at the list of bums we've had as AD and coaches. For such a plum job we manage to hire a lot of dregs. Wilmer is a solid, dependable writer. But in this case there's more to it. One, the "best job in the Pac12" ain't saying much. Look at our competition. Two, if a job is truly the "best," the occupant will get the support he needs from both directions in the chain of command. What coach would want to work for Folt and Bohn? (not to mention the clown show who sit on the board. I think Wilmer's been listening to too much of Springsteen's Glory Days.... If his point is that Helton's not up to the job, sign me up. No sh*t. But I wouldn't hire helton to manage a McDonald's.