Word on the legal community is that victims’ attorneys want UM

Word on the legal community is that victims’ attorneys want UM

• Not all the lawsuits by female victims are over, and they feel that if USC hires Urban Meyer it will be a big PR win for them. I was at a luncheon in LA the other day, and we had attorneys with USC backgrounds (I’m UCLA guy), and they told us that while they personally want Urban Meyer as the next head coach, it would be a huge risk to the university because these victims would make a ton of noise about the hire being tone deaf, another example of a university that would not listen to them. They said these victims would hold protests and use the hire to their advantage.

• Discussion
  • Another yoyo who is scared to death of USC getting one of the best coaches in college football.

Take a number and get in line...

• We'll gladly take the risk, fucla lover.

• Rrrrrright

• Fake news.

• Where was the outrage outside of FS1 offices when he was hired...?

• He’s on national tv every Saturday morning. Front and center

He’s tv ad’s and I’m sure billboard’s. He’s the premiere name on the pre game show

Where is the outrage ?

• Rrrrrrriiiiiiigggggghhhhhtttt! At least I know where you get your facts.

UM is a liability wherever he ends up (if he goes back to coaching). THAT is not "fake news," Trumper.

• After hearing all the speculations, rumors and opinions, for me its come down to this and only this.
    1. Either my school, USC is just too cheap, stupid, biased and down right scared to offer UM or:
    2. UM is offered and he turns down the offer because of all the baggage SC has at this time. Or for whatever reason, sans $, health etc etc.
    I can live with the 2nd option because SC at least tried!
    If it's because of the first, then I have to resign myself to the fact that the existing culture is still to well entrenched and we'll have to endure more irrelevancy for another four years. Or at least until the decline in attendance revenue, losses and national perception forces SC to make the moves to finally get it right. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

• Yawn...

• No sh*t. +1 with a bullet.

FIGHT ON!

• ucla4evuh said... (original post) Not all the lawsuits by female victims are over, and they feel that if USC hires Urban Meyer it will be a big PR win for them. I was at a luncheo...

Those incidents were at other universities, the chance of them holding protests at USC is nil. This post is typical of UCLA fans lobbying for SC not to hire Urban Meyer.

• TroyJD said... (original post) Rrrrrrriiiiiiigggggghhhhhtttt! At least I know where you get your facts.UM is a liability wherever he ends up (if he goes back to coaching). THAT is ...

I suggest you read an article on WEARESC.com by Chris Arledge. Urban Meyer was never sanctioned by the NCAA. There's more information there that will clear things up for you.

• TroyJD said... (original post) Rrrrrrriiiiiiigggggghhhhhtttt! At least I know where you get your facts.UM is a liability wherever he ends up (if he goes back to coaching). THAT is ...

Helton is much more of a liability.

• It's hilarious how one fanbase can be this afraid of a hire (that hasn't happened) that they would go on another board and post this

• ucla4evuh said... (original post) Not all the lawsuits by female victims are over, and they feel that if USC hires Urban Meyer it will be a big PR win for them. I was at a luncheo...

As stated in the great song Tusk and confirmed by this poster, U-C-L-A SUCKS!!!

• poodlemothra said... (original post) I suggest you read an article on WEARESC.com by Chris Arledge. Urban Meyer was never sanctioned by the NCAA. There's more information the...

I would suggest everyone, including every other USC reporter read everything ever written by Chris Arledge. He gets it better and WAY sooner than anyone else covering this program.

• poodlemothra said... (original post) I suggest you read an article on WEARESC.com by Chris Arledge. Urban Meyer was never sanctioned by the NCAA. There's more information the...

Nah man. It's much more fun for him to bring politics into it. By the way TroyJD, my high school and college age kids and all their friends constantly say "fake news" to each other in non-political ways. It has just become a popular phrase meaning "bullsh!t", you know, kind of exactly how BLL used the term in this thread that triggered you.

This post was edited by racea911 1 day ago

• Uscscott80 said... (original post) It's hilarious how one fanbase can be this afraid of a hire (that hasn't happened) that they would go on another board and post this

+1 As the token UCLA alum/fan. What an odd thread; something 23savage would do.

Another Fucla troll. Can we just somebody already so these little vermin will go back to where they belong

• Why would anyone care what victims attorneys want? They are going to make the same noise/arguments whether Urban Meyer is hired or not.

If the new President and AD from outside USC bring in a new coach from outside USC, Urban Meyer, and USC’s lawyers are concerned that it will cost USC more money in an existing lawsuit, then USC needs to fire its legal team and bring in competent lawyers.

I don't need anything from you to "clear things." IT IS A FACT. that he covered for players accused of criminal misconduct at Florida. IT IS A FACT that he failed to deal with criminal conduct by an assistant coach. If you are saying we should disegard those facts, there is no point discussing it further.

Whether he had an obligation to do otherwise is an open question, but many people believe he did and we will have to deal with it if we hire him.

He was not sanctioned by the NCAA because those things are so serious, they are WAY beyond the purview of a sports governing body who has never punished a coach for doing anything like that (and it HAS happened before). PSU was punished for Sandusky because they let him use the prestige of the football program to lure victims AFTER there was a credible accusation against him years earlier.

This post was edited by TroyJD 1 day ago

• TroyJD said... (original post) I don't need anything from you to "clear things." IT IS A FACT. that he covered for players accused of criminal misconduct at Florida...

It is huh LINK

• TroyJD said... (original post) I don't need anything from you to "clear things." IT IS A FACT. that he covered for players accused of criminal misconduct at Florida...

I’m unfamiliar with those facts. Can you specify the facts ?

I know a number of his players had run-ins with the law (just as choir boy Conman’s players have), but I’ve never heard anything about Urban covering up said criminal behavior.

Please be specific in citing these facts.

• Sorry, not going to look up details on 10 yo player misconduct in Florida. If I can't site chapter and verse, it didn't happen, right?

I read the link and, as I expected, it adds nothing. UM may have suspended some of those players, but others (presumably more important ones) continued to play. As for Smith, even I would not have fired him, but I would have suspended him until the case was resolved and then decided whether to let him come back.

The real situation is the wrong hire can hurt us a lot more than help us. The backlash from hiring UM IF women see him as condoning domestic violence could intimidate corporate sponsors of research. That definitely is the call of the President.