Chief check-in part 3

Chief check-in part 3

• Any word on this guy? Is he on another sabbatical? Either way, hope he is well.

• Discussion
  • Yeah it's been 12 days, hopefully just taking a breather.

• I think he gets frustrated with us, goes out and starts shouting at clouds, and the wife hides his computer.

• Chief espouses his share of wisdom and yes I believe he becomes frustrated. My guess is he is roping clouds, not shooting them.

• Shouting.

user generated

• He does do a lot of that. But I hope he’s okay. He’s old and it’s out of character for him to drop off. We have seen that before with other board old schoolers and they are six feet under.

• Was wondering the same. Hope he is good to go. Also, I wonder about some sports board guys like CFE, bundles, hitman, and a few others that have disappeared.

• I hope he is too. I love to argue with him. Blgldmn never came back either.

• Yeah, who knows what happened to blu. Ever since we went to a paywall, he and landcut cut bait. No surprise they were low rent.

• Blgldmn was getting Covid tested. Never heard from him again hope he is ok. Landcut I can do without. He was a troll.

• Damn, didn’t know that about blu. He was pretty cavalier about COVID-19. Hope he isn’t another statistic.

• wvstick said... (original post)He does do a lot of that. But I hope he’s okay. He’s old and it’s out of character for him to drop off. We have seen that before with other board ol...

That’s why I was hoping we could have some type of board directory for the regulars. Maybe just one trusted person (or 2 persons) with people identities so we could at least look at and see if there is an obituary floating out there.

Not saying that in regards to Chief, just in general.

• ElkinsMike said... (original post)That’s why I was hoping we could have some type of board directory for the regulars. Maybe just one trusted person (or 2 persons) with people ide...

Indeed.

• ElkinsMike said... (original post)That’s why I was hoping we could have some type of board directory for the regulars. Maybe just one trusted person (or 2 persons) with people ide...

Friendswood has my name. If I disappear ask him. Most people knew Tex because Tom didn’t give a damned if he offended you because deep down he knew he was a good guy. And he was.

Someday when my kids are all grown up I might reveal myself to the board but there are reasons for anonymity that transcend us as individuals.

This post was edited by SmackTalkinEer 3 months ago

• SmackTalkinEer said... (original post)Friendswood has my name. If I disappear ask him. Most people knew Tex because Tom didn’t give a damned if he offended you because deep down h...

I’m not suggesting to the board, maybe just someone who everyone trusts to keep that info confident. Friendswood would gent a vote from me.

• I’m fine with Friendswood or you, Mike, or any of several others on here.

• huatulco said... (original post)I’m fine with Friendswood or you, Mike, or any of several others on here.

If we can get a few more seconds on this motion as a decent idea, I'll try to put something together.

• huatulco said... (original post)I’m fine with Friendswood or you, Mike, or any of several others on here.

My feelings are hurt. Jk I don’t want that type of responsibility.

I don’t have any social media anyways, so y’all can’t add me on anything and I’m definitely not giving out my number, I get enough spam calls as it is.

• There used to be one guy here that was borderline psychotic (WVUJay) and I wouldn’t trust him knowing anything about me. The guy who follows me around calling me a fat, lazy grifter is a close second.

• wvstick said... (original post)There used to be one guy here that was borderline psychotic (WVUJay) and I wouldn’t trust him knowing anything about me. The guy who follows me arou...

Block is a great feature. I have a few that reply to me a lot but I have them on block...occasionally I will check to see what they replied to me and it’s usually gibberish.

• TrueGoldandBlue85 said... (original post)Block is a great feature. I have a few that reply to me a lot but I have them on block...occasionally I will check to see what they replie...

I haven’t blocked you despite you following me around like a lost puppy.

No wait. That’s Stickerrr.

This post was edited by SmackTalkinEer 3 months ago

I like that idea. I'd participate.

• SmackTalkinEer said... (original post)I haven’t blocked you despite you following me around like a lost puppy. No wait. That’s Stickerrr.

Living rent free in this guy’s head

• wvstick said... (original post)Living rent free in this guy’s head

You want me to open a can on you sonny?

Facebook has a Pulitzer Prize Board, but that all depends on people volunteering to join and expose who they are. I don't hide or mask who I am and there are a few others here who through the years have done the same, but this type of poster is a dying breed, especially on the P&R Board. Hell us on the Football board used to tailgate together at one of a few tailgates (Hunters, Marv's or MikeGunners (Big Time Donor) if you were privileged.

Most people don't want to reveal their identity for one reason or another and I can understand that. On my Facebook I had a friend with the last name of Keaton (thinking they were KeatonsCorner but it's not), K9 actually contacted her thinking she was KeatonsCorner. So I do understand that there are people out there not to trust. I do know a few posters are, ChiefEd however is not one of them.

• I’m sure i played softball against you at some point George. There are a couple others who I went to college with that know me, but they don’t post much. We usually text and laugh at the meltdowns on the FBB or BBB.