TXEER

TXEER

Arrow10
  • flamtnr said... (original post)I still haven’t found an obituary.

None posted anywhere, I don’t believe. I’ve been looking as well.

• The lady who has been posting for the family on FB says she will have all the info ready tomorrow.

• Can you post it here , Dreams? I don’t know what paper it is

• https://www.darstfuneralhome.com/obituary/6970/

Services to be held July 25, Kingwod Tx.. says a more detailed obituary to be published at a later time.

• ElkinsMike said... (original post)https://www.darstfuneralhome.com/obituary/6970/Services to be held July 25, Kingwod Tx.. says a more detailed obituary to be published at a later ...

Thank You Mike

• ElkinsMike said... (original post)https://www.darstfuneralhome.com/obituary/6970/Services to be held July 25, Kingwod Tx.. says a more detailed obituary to be published at a later ...

Thanks Mike. Appreciate the link. Be well.

Thanks Mike.
  • We will all miss Tex. I have another friend sent home from the hospital this week with days or weeks to live. Count your blessings gents.

• I plan to send a small arrangement to the service on Saturday from all of us. If anyone feels led to chip in, (no pressure) just PM me.

Venmo, Zelle, or snail mail.

• Full Obit is now up

February 18, 1949 - July 8, 2020

Harmon, Thomas B.
    Memorial services for Thomas B. “Tom” Harmon, 71, of Porter will be held Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. in the Garden at Darst Funeral Home, 796 Russell Palmer Rd., Kingwod, TX., with Pastor Patrick Worsham officiating.

Tom was born in South Charleston, West Virginia on February 18, 1949 to the late Wirt B. Harmon and Emma Francis (Keeney), and passed away at his home on Wednesday, July 8, 2020.

Tom was preceded in death by his parents. He married the love of his life Deborah on August 4, 1973.

He is survived by his loving wife Deborah Harmon; son Jason Broomfield Harmon; sister Mary Jane Bolin, of Paris, Tennessee; nieces Lisa and Herb Wright, Lee Ann and Robert Wheat, Laura and Glen Whitham, Tom and Donna Bolin and Becky and Brandon Ferguson; brothers-in-law Scott and Beverly Graham and Allen and Ellen Graham; and nephews Ken Graham, Nathan Graham, Derek Graham, Bill and Carol Martin and Mike Wagner.

Tom was a member of Second Baptist, in Kingwood, TX. He graduated from Shepherd University in Shepherd Town, West Virginia in 1971 with a degree in Finance. He worked for Northern Telecom, Siemens Dell, Oracle, U.S. Leasing and retired in 2017. After retiring, Tom worked for Kahler Process Communications for several years and Total Wines for a year as a hobby.

Thomas was a happy exuberant personality. He was a good public speaker and writer. He was writing a travel book before he died. Tom and Deborah loved to travel and he made many trips to Europe for 20 years and many USA trips. Wine was one of Tom’s hobbies and with that he started a wine tasting group that lasted 10 years. Tom loved to play golf when he had the time. He was an avid West Virginia University sports fan with emphases on college football. He had many friends and was active on facebook. He will be greatly missed by his family and friends. He also really loved his beloved dog Pronto, who misses him.

If anyone wants to make a donation in memory of Tom, his family was entrusted with the Salvation Army.

• Thank you, psycho

RIP Tex

• Thank you Psycho!

• wvstick said... (original post)Thank you Psycho!

+2

• Sad all over again.

RIP TX

• unguent said... (original post)Sad all over again.RIP TX

Yes. Thanks again George

• I miss some of the back and forth with TX. Hope he is resting well laughing at some of our posts.

• Well....I haven't been on this board much since the transfer over form Scout and had no idea TX was ill let alone no longer with us.

Very sad news indeed. Great guy whether you agreed or disagreed with him.

His post count was LEGENDARY. And his shadow "Der Konservative" account on the old board was priceless.

I personally will miss him a lot. God Rest His Soul

• TheCouchBurner said... (original post)Coming out of retirement to pay my respects to TX

A lot of us orignals are doing that it seems.

Screen-names I haven't seen since the change over from Scout.

Good to see you all, just wish the circumstances were better.

• I miss TX . Indeed it is so:

No man is an island,
    Entire of itself,
    Every man is a piece of the continent,
    A part of the main.
    If a clod be washed away by the sea,
    Europe is the less.
    As well as if a promontory were.
    As well as if a manor of thy friend's
    Or of thine own were:
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.

John Donne

• I know that I have not been on here for awhile. However, I must say that Tom was a good man. I had some good chats with him about wine, cigars and politics.

I hope he is at peace and drinking a good "box of wine".

• Someone bumped an older thread and I was reading through it and saw Tex’s response.. I almost replied...then I remembered he was no longer with us.

It’s says a lot about the man that I still think about his personality when I never met the man himself.

• We were all shocked at how quickly he went after his diagnosis. I wonder if it was sped up by Covid. Sorry if it was already discussed; it just occurred to me.

Thinking of you as we come into the home stretch of 2020, Tex. RIP.

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - One Month for Only $1

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join

Join

Join