10 on Sunday (Bengals Edition)

10 on Sunday (Bengals Edition)

• 1) After early appearances where he looked as if he had something to prove, Greedy Williams has settled into his rep of being a non physical corner. He looked like he threw himself under the Mixon bus. Between him and a Denzel Ward,who has apparently altered his technique to avoid injury, the Browns may have their future coverage tandem to rival Dixon & Minnifield, but they may show themselves to be the softest tandem in the league.

2). Not buying the Njoku ruling at all. He had the ball when falling, and he and the defender both had it when Njoku hit the ground. So the receiver should have won the possession battle coupled with the ground not being able to cause the fumble. Heard the official (who clearly thought the imposed rationale needed changing) quote a rule of possession as Njoku “not making a football move.” Hardly possible when he has the ball while falling on his back. Their later ruling it as an INT made it look all the more dubious.

Still, Njoku was lucky to haul it in given that he wasn’t close to highpointing the ball with two hands.

3). Mayfield has this idea that his arm can zip a ball hard enough to cut through the wind. But when he rears back to throw, it inevitably becomes a high, hard one, and off target. And Beth and Tiki were right— it was a replay of the INT that sealed the Steelers game.

4). 3rd & 19, and it appeared that a corner of the building of season expectations would collapse into the basement. Then Mayfield did what he did last year, not go conservativecand punt away, but throw it far enough for a first down. That provided a lift, and along with a great use of Hunt with the sideline reception, the offense came to anoth red zone stall. Didn’t think Mayfield had the speed to get in, but between his bulk to ward off the hit and an athletic leap, he earned the TD. Hopefully that becomes a defining moment for the rest of the game and season.

5). Browns dodged a bullet of their own making with little time left in half with a risky slant pass on 3rd down deep in their own end. It was off target and could have been intercepted. Fortunately Gillan fired off a great punt and kept the Bengals from adding to Browns’ woes of giving up their usual score just before the half.

Another gamble that almost came back to bite them with the forced throw to Beckham that nearly resulted in the INT.

6). Dog scraps.

Beth: quit harping on the Browns and their playoffs possibility. They’re like the 12th worst lottery team in the NBA with a 3% chance of ending up with something other than the 12th pick in the draft.

I take back the Greedy comment. Darqueze Dennard had the lamest excuse for a tackle attempt during Chubb’s epic third quarter run. He came across the field to have what could best be described as incidental contact, like two guys each chasing down separate taxis and brushing each other with “my bad.” “Sorry.”

Next to Dawson’s FG’s in the 2007 snow game against Buffalo, Seibert’s 53 yarder with windy conditions was damn impressive.

Ricky Seals-Jones is the Brent Perriman of TE’s. He can make big plays, but they’re so few and far between.

Tiki was thinking what many of us thought: had Dalton not done the QB sneak before, the Bengals could have gotten away with it on 4th & goal. But the Browns we’re looking for it. Given how gassed the line was, Dalton could have had plenty of time for a receiver to open up.

7). Front 7 was getting absolutely bashed on long Bengals drive, but hung tough on the goal line stand. This depleted unit can’t get off the field. Thomas is like Seal-Jones. He can look great on 1 play... per game.

8). Chubb and Hunt continue to provide the best security blanket money can buy. I hold out hope that Hunt will want to continue with his home team, and that he can be productive without facing too much wear and tear. It likely won’t happen, but one can always hope.

And if Chubb was running against the Browns with the holes Mixon had, he’d have had 200 yards on the day.

9). I thought challenges were called by coaches who claimed something else, like Landry bobbling the ball before heading OB. Apparently you can challenge a play in the hope that referees can find... SOME infraction in order to negate the play! Note the official said “no obvious infraction.”

I’d say it’s analogous to Republican complaints that Democrats want the President’s tax returns in order to go fishing for... something. But the similarity ends there.

10). A pretty lackluster game with the usual strengths and weaknesses. But I think that if the Browns had not converted that 3rd & 19 in the second quarter, the outcome could have definitely evolved into serious doubt, and then the good ship Freddie would have taken on serious water.

3-4 week’s ago, the expectation would have been that this game would have had the same margin as either of last season’s matchups. This one was uncomfortably close, and not because the Bengals were having a late season renaissance.

If Beckham is all that hurt, he should be put on IR. Anymore, it appears that no real good comes from throwing to him. Get Higgins in there and see how Mayfield responds. But save for a few flashes, Beckham has proven a losing proposition, and Mayfield has compromised his game and the entire offense trying to feed him enough targets. So now everybody can save face by having the club protect its investment for next year.

And Kitchens can win points if he can win 2-3 with all the injuries decimating the lines and safeties.

But let’s not delude ourselves into thinking they’ve coped with their depleted lineup like the Steelers have.

• Discussion
  • Incidental contact? Made me laugh.

:thumbup

• Vaark said... (original post) 1) After early appearances where he looked as if he had something to prove, Greedy Williams has settled into his rep of being a non physical corner. ...

Vaark - "I thought challenges were called by coaches who claimed something else, like Landry bobbling the ball before heading OB. Apparently you can challenge a play in the hope that referees can find... SOME infraction in order to negate the play! Note the official said “no obvious infraction.”

Taylor's challenge on the screen pass to Jarvis was for Offensive Pass Interference....you can challenge calls and non-calls of PI (both offensive and defensive) this year under the new rule which allows challenges on PI. The official did a poor job of explaining it.

Was actually pretty smart on Taylor's part...nothing to lose (except a TO) and a lot to gain if he had been successful....and Carlson came real close to blocking beyond the one yard allowed before Jarvis caught the ball.

• Vaark said... (original post) 1) After early appearances where he looked as if he had something to prove, Greedy Williams has settled into his rep of being a non physical corner. ...

"And Kitchens can win points if he can win 2-3 with all the injuries decimating the lines and safeties."

-- Sure. If it looks conclusive that the Browns are winning games because of- rather than despite- Freddie. A win is a win, but the strength of the competition and how the win is achieved are of course factors when judging him. I do think the team is showing a bit of a glimmer under Freddie. And his nick-name is Continuity. Although I thought it was interesting when the announcers pointed out that the Bungles were the least penalized team this year and the Browns were the most and they both have rookie HCs.

Lots for John and Jim Bob to kick around this winter as they sit around the pot-bellied stove, chew the fat and have a few snorts. Yes sir... I think if the team finishes on an upward trend, Freddie has nothing to worry about other than his resemblance to old Saint Nick.

Oh, speaking of the running game, it was nice to see the 2nd half start with 3 straight runs and a 1st down. Gosh, Freddie. You're learning!

• The bend-but-don't-break defense is back! The Bengals ran 72 plays to 52 for the Browns and amassed 451 yards of offense but only scored 19 points. On 1st-and-goal from the 2 the Bengals amazingly tried a pass and Cox/Ogun combined for the sack. The next two passes were incomplete and the Browns got out of it allowing only a field goal after an 84-yard drive.

Not a win to celebrate too much, given the porosity of the defense. But I'll take anything at this point.

Baker's numbers sucked but I thought he played much better than his numbers. He got charged with an interception when Njoku had the ball ripped out after he hit the ground. On review they changed it from a fumble to an interception, but if it's an interception why was the Bengal player not down on contact? They let him get up and return it 40 yards! Ridiculous. How is that not a completed pass? Njoku secured the ball and had both hands on it when he hit the ground. They must have ruled the ball was taken out of his hands before he was down, but that was clearly not the case.

Baker's other pick came when a pass ripped through Hodges' hands. It was actually an impressive throw, but just a bit high for a short receiver and he failed to come up with it. Baker also had an outstanding TD run showing surprising athleticism on the dive for the pylon. He also made some big throws on those second half drives that won the game as well as the beautiful 20-yard strike to Landry on 3rd-and-19 on the long drive that resulted in their first TD.

I thought Freddie did a pretty good job of balancing the offense between the run and pass while utilizing OBJ, Landry, Chubb and Hunt for the most part. That screen pass to Landry for the big gain on the last drive was brilliantly conceived and executed. We also saw a couple of designed rollouts that worked well, including one where Baker ran for the first down.

The defense was another story as the Bengals offense rolled up 451 yards with only one turnover. But the Browns were tough in the red zone, allowing just one TD.

Joe Mixon was a load with 189 yards from scrimmage. The Bengals averaged 5.8 yards per carry. Mixon had an amazing game, but it wasn't enough. The Browns need to give him more attention in the rematch.

These guys will be tough to beat in Cincy. The announcers pointed out the Bengals lost to Seattle by 1, Buffalo by 4, and Baltimore and Pittsburgh by 6. They're coming off a beatdown of the Jets. They're not as bad as their record suggests. Playing without Garrett and Vernon this was a pretty good win. We got lucky on the bouncing ball that ended up in Ward's hands for the pick-six, but we deserve a little luck.

• "I’d say it’s analogous to Republican complaints that Democrats want the President’s tax returns in order to go fishing for... something.
    Nah. In the absence of a thrown flag there is no context or basis for the play review...just a hope and a prayer. Whereas the fact of Donald Trump's entire shady existence is rock solid context for demanding a peek at those taxes. There is cause.

• The Browns should all bow down and kiss the cleats on Chubbs feet each and every game. Freddie first and foremost because without him, he would have been fired by now a number of games ago. The kid is special and deserves far more for his effort every single game. He has grown throughout the season. All he does is keep his head down and works. Nobody close to him as MVP on this team. Njoku overrated. I'll take Seals and Carlson for the money for sure. Beating a 11-1 team like we did, didn't do a thing for me. Numb to it.

This post was edited by hamster 1 month ago

• hamster said... (original post) The Browns should all bow down and kiss the cleats on Chubbs feet each and every game. Freddie first and foremost because without him, he would hav...

"The Browns should all bow down and kiss the cleats on Chubbs feet each and every game. Freddie first and foremost because without him, he would have been fired by now a number of games ago."

-- I agree with that. But it would probably take Freddie awhile to get back up. When he finally does, he should then start figuring out how to use the tandem of Saint Nick and Hunt to the best of their abilities. Chubb and Hunt may be the 2 things that Dorsey got the most right. Of course, Nick was already a proven stud by Game 8. When Hunt got into the mix, it was pretty apparent that he and Chubb should be a big part of the O. Figure out how best to utilize them, Freddie.

Looking back at the opportunities, it seems that Dorsey and Kitchens haven't made the most out of things. I won't say it's been a completely wasted year. Just a disappointing year.

• AA:

"I’d say it’s analogous to Republican complaints that Democrats want the President’s tax returns in order to go fishing for... something

GAD:

Nah. In the absence of a thrown flag there is no context or basis for the play review...just a hope and a prayer.

AA:

I wasn't clear on this, so maybe we're talking about different plays. I was referrring to the 34 yard completion to Landry with about 3 left in the game. Bengals did challenge it, but Dutch said the ref just wasn't clear about the reason for it (OPI, or blocker downfield prematurely).

I thought the replay ref could review plays when they were inside of 2 minutes left in either half. Turns out he took it upon himself to review the play earlier in that drive that negated the INT, and turned it into a PI.

Those two calls by themselves came off like a home team discount. Had the situation been reversed, we'd be snowed under with "Game Is Rigged" threads.

GAD:

Whereas the fact of Donald Trump's entire shady existence is rock solid context for demanding a peek at those taxes. There is cause.

AA:

Well, putting aside one's political views, the analogy was brought up based upon the litigants knowing exactly what they're looking for, not a fishing trip hoping to find something.

But the Bengals challenge WAS based on a specific, not a general review to see if we could find something, though the ref didn't indicate that initially, then seemed to reinforce the fishing trip notion with "nothing obvious."

• ERGO:

-- Sure. If it looks conclusive that the Browns are winning games because of- rather than despite- Freddie. A win is a win, but the strength of the competition and how the win is achieved are of course factors when judging him.

AA:

Then would you say the Browns beat the Bengals because of-- or despite-- Freddie?

Or because of-- or despite-- Wilks and/or Monken?

No one can accuse the Browns of employing an artful assortment of smoke and mirrors for their respective lines. Both are depleted, and it shows.

• From Branson Wright:

"Despite their struggles to win games, the Bengals, as of late, have been one of the best defensive teams in the league.

They team came into the game ranked No. 3 in red zone defense. The loss to the Browns was the most points allowed since giving up 49 to the Ravens on Nov. 10.

Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield’s 7-yard TD run in the second quarter was only the second touchdown allowed by the Bengals’ defense in their last 11 quarters."

I didn't realize how well they've been playing on defense lately. The Browns scored 20 points on offense and should have had 3-7 more if not for the bizarre ruling on the Njoku interception at the 15-yard line. All in all a pretty decent offensive performance. Now they need to keep it up against Arizona.

• Anyone wouId understand letting a player gut it out with the possibility of playoffs on the line. But that possibility is remote, at best, and haven't heard any update if the Browns have now been officially eliminated, or if the % has gone from 7% to 1.2%.

But keeping OBJ in the lineup strikes me as having gone well beyond the point of diminishing returns. If it was another player, they'd have shut him down well before this.

In five years with the Giants, OBJ had 390 catches on 622 targets, or 63%.
    With Cleveland his catch percentage is 55%.
    In his last five games, it's 49%.

Keep in mind that like the Browns with Gordon in 2012, the Giants saw Beckham as virtually their one receiving option. So between defenses keying on him, and Eli's penchant for inaccuracy, he still ended up with a higher catch % than here. And it's only getting worse.

OBJ's health has become a real sore spot for the club. It isn't going to be helped by keeping him in the lineup for the remainder of the season.

Yea, there goes the one deep threat left on the club, but it doesn't matter if Mayfield doesn't have the time to throw anyway.

• PROSECUTOR said... (original post) The bend-but-don't-break defense is back! The Bengals ran 72 plays to 52 for the Browns and amassed 451 yards of offense but only scored 19 ...

Pros - "I thought Freddie did a pretty good job of balancing the offense between the run and pass while utilizing OBJ, Landry, Chubb and Hunt for the most part. That screen pass to Landry for the big gain on the last drive was brilliantly conceived and executed. We also saw a couple of designed rollouts that worked well, including one where Baker ran for the first down."

Only running the ball 4 times in the 1st half against the worst run defense in the league was a bit disconcerting.....but, in Freddie's defense, the Bengals controlled the ball for much of that 1st half....a couple of long, time consuming drives that didn't leave us many possessions.

The defense just couldn't get off the field....without Myles and Vernon, they've got a problem....no pressure and soft coverage spells disaster. Fitzpatrick, Hodges and now Dalton have all had success throwing the ball against us these last 3 weeks.

That was a pretty cool play they dialed up to Landry on the critical 3rd and 10.....if Josh McDaniels had come up with it, the announcers would have been singing his praises...but, it was just Ole Freddie so it had to be ********** luck. Somebody probably drew it for him on a cocktail napkin at the hotel bar Saturday night....Lol. Just a little Monday morning levity.

Edit.....Damn, we can't even use a word now that describes a house where one may defecate without getting censored.

This post was edited by TheDutchman 1 month ago

• Speaking of soft coverage, the Bengals were running slant patterns at will in the first half. Easy pitch and catch over and over. What's the point of having two young, high draft corners if you can't stop Cinci from converting third downs with the most basic patterns so easily?

Wilks perplexes me.

• Freddie at best is an OC who needs to have his stubbornness and aggressive tendencies reigned in. He is not a Head Coach at this point and I have not seen any improvement on game day decisions. He once again got the ball with the lead and 5 minutes left in the half and proceeded to call long low percentage plays to try to score one more time before half. He was even going to get the ball to start the 2nd Half and didn't even think about bleeding the clock or shortening the game for his injury ridden team... It's stupid crap like this that infuriates me. Add in the fact that he runs it 3 times in the first half against the worst RUN D in the league because he thought we weren't moving the ball when we ran it the 3 times we did... WTF is that. Might be the dumbest statement made by a Cleveland HC ever. The sooner this guy is gone the sooner we can start building a infrastructure that can control and direct the focus of these young kids. Freddie doesn't have the gravitas or brains to do it.

• Speaking of the Bengals....are they really dumb enough to throw the 1st pick and Joe Burrow down the toilet??

They've got the 1 win that they needed to avoid joining us in the 0-16 Hall of Shame....they need to go back to Finley and shut it down for the year. The Giants are sitting at 2 wins and I imagine, playing in the weak NFC East, that they would have the tiebreaker over Cincinnati by virtue of a weaker SOS.

The Giants won't be taking another QB....but, they could sure mortgage that pick to somebody interested in jumping the Bengals for Burrow.

The AFC North ain't gonna be no cakewalk anytime soon....the Ravens are on a roll, the Squeelers seem to have rebuilt their defense on the fly and now the Bengals may come up with their QB of the future.

Edit - Nice to see that we can use the word "toilet" without getting censored.

• Bonus points for using the word gravitas in a football post.

• Vaark said... (original post) ERGO:-- Sure. If it looks conclusive that the Browns are winning games because of- rather than despite- Freddie. A win is a win, but the strength of ...

"Then would you say the Browns beat the Bengals because of-- or despite-- Freddie?
    Or because of-- or despite-- Wilks and/or Monken?"

-- Based on my expert analysis, the answer clearly is: "Yes!" That's just a summary. The full explanation is: "I don't know." (Legal disclaimer: This opinion is merely tentative and may change without notice or any liability to me).

Luckily, we have real, inside guys like Dorsey to make the final call on it. But as the Romans say: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" Unfortunately, the answer to that is: Jim Bob. It's all tangled up in blue. Jim Bob hired Dorsey who hired Freddie who's managing the games. Someone needs to cut down to the core through all the extraneous blubber (nothing personal, Freddie) and figure out if we're really on the right track despite what appears on the TV every week.

"No one can accuse the Browns of employing an artful assortment of smoke and mirrors for their respective lines. Both are depleted, and it shows."

-- I certainly won't accuse them of that. Is that a sign of bad coaching? There are several factors that one sees during a game from afar that raise the eyebrow as far as game management, team prep and general adjustment to circumstance. You rarely- if ever- come away from a game and say: "Man, Freddie did a great job today!" There are some rookie coaches about whom you think: "He's going to get better." And then there are the others...

Unless it gets in the way of his vacation too much, Dorsey should have a busy off-season.

• Freddie said he didn't run in the first half because he thought they could hurt them throwing. They did until Njoku bobbled that pass that resulted in an interception. Fortunately Freddie changed course and ran the ball 27 times in the second half while mixing in some passes.

PFF has their grades for yesterday. On offense the highest grades went to Landry, Teller, Hunt, Chubb, and Mayfiled in that order. All the grades were between 70-78. Nobody managed an 80 much less an elite grade of 90.

The worst grade went to Njoku (42), who to be fair hasn't played since Week 2. Carlson got the second lowest grade. We may need to draft a tight end. Seals-Jones only got 8 snaps.

The 3rd and 4th receivers, Hodge and Ratley, only played 13 and 15 snaps out of 54. The Browns just aren't using their 3rd and 4th receivers much. Hodge got a 55 and let a pass bounce off his hands for a pick.

The lack of a consistent tight end and no 3rd or 4th receivers has been a problem all year. The trades of Perriman and Duke Johnson, Callaway's suspension and release, injuries to Higgins and Njoku, and the failure of Ratley and Hodge to make an impact has pretty much reduced the receiving corps to Landry, OBJ, and Hunt, with Hunt only for the last five games. That's why I think the Browns would be nuts to trade OBJ.

The Browns offensive line continues to get high grades for pass blocking and very low grades for run blocking. This is true across the board. The pass blocking grades were 88, 88, 84, 80, and 71, with Lamm getting the low score. The run blocking grades were 69, 55, 52, 50, and 48, with Teller getting the 69 in run blocking along with an 88 in pass blocking. Maybe he's developing into a guy we can start next year. But aside from Teller all the run blocking grades were below average and this has been the case all year.

On defense the big news is rookie Sheldrick Redwine getting the highest grade on the team at 82.7 including a tackling grade of 84.7, just beating out Schobert for the highest. Redwine almost intercepted a pass at the goal line. He also did a nice job breaking up a deep pass last week and he looks like a big hitter. His grades the last two weeks have been very encouraging at 76 and 83.

This post was edited by PROSECUTOR 1 month ago

• PROS:

On defense the big news is rookie Sheldrick Redwine getting the highest grade on the team at 82.7 including a tackling grade of 84.7, just beating out Schobert for the highest. Redwine almost intercepted a pass at the goal line. He also did a nice job breaking up a deep pass last week. His grades the last two weeks have been very encouraging at 76 and 83.

AA:

Let's hope its the natural evolution of things, like a Steelers or Ravens late-round pick who slowwwwly gets worked in before the light goes on.

OTOH it may be like Chad Thomas where he does show flashes....but they're few and far between.

• PROSECUTOR said... (original post) Freddie said he didn't run in the first half because he thought they could hurt them throwing. They did until Njoku bobbled that pass that ...

13 snaps for Hodges and 15 for Ratley.....did Higgins even see the field?? Unless he's hurt again, I just don't understand his lack of playing time. Obviously, the two back formation with Chubb and Hunt reduces the role of the 3rd WR....but, I'd like to see Higgins at least get some of the snaps that Hodge and Ratley are getting.

I'd put that INT that bounced off of Hodge's hands on Baker....bad throw...high and away. I was watching Mahomes last night and his ball seems to be a lot more catchable than Baker's....everything Baker throws seems to be a 99 mph fastball....if it's not right on target, you get a lot of tipped balls that usually end up in the wrong hands.

Redwine looks like he might be a keeper.

• PROSECUTOR said... (original post) Freddie said he didn't run in the first half because he thought they could hurt them throwing. They did until Njoku bobbled that pass that ...

"The Browns offensive line continues to get high grades for pass blocking and very low grades for run blocking. This is true across the board. The pass blocking grades were 88, 88, 84, 80, and 71, with Lamm getting the low score. The run blocking grades were 69, 55, 52, 50, and 48, with Teller getting the 69 in run blocking along with an 88 in pass blocking."

-- That's counter to what you would expect given Mayfield's stats and Chubb/Hunt's stats. Kind of a indirect grade on Mayfield and the RBs perhaps...?

• gadfly23 said... (original post) "I’d say it’s analogous to Republican complaints that Democrats want the President’s tax returns in order to go fishing for... something..Nah...

Spoken like a true Democratic A&& H**e who backed the wrong horse in the last election. The good news is that they'll have another 4 years to find "something".

• ergoipso said... (original post) "The Browns offensive line continues to get high grades for pass blocking and very low grades for run blocking. This is true across the board...

Yeah I find that interesting considering Chubb is having a pro bowl season as the rushing leader. An improved O-line would make Nick unstoppable.

• poppa9601 said... (original post) Spoken like a true Democratic A&& H**e who backed the wrong horse in the last election. The good news is that they'll have another 4 ...

The politics stops right here. You've both had your say. Next thing I see that touches on the subject gets waxed.

• poppa9601 said... (original post) Yeah I find that interesting considering Chubb is having a pro bowl season as the rushing leader. An improved O-line would make Nick unstoppable.

I posted elsewhere that the combo of Chubb's production weighed against the run support he receives could get him on the All-Pro team.

PFF or some other research group should quantify rb carries, e.g. if someone had 23 carries for 110 yards, what % were TFL? 1-2 yards? 3-4 yds? +10? +20? Somebody mentioned that Chubb leads the league in carries over 20 or 40 yards or both.

Any rb can have so many 1-2 yard runs interspersed with chunk plays. Others can skew more along the lines of more carries at 3-5 yards.

Chubb is really the former. He has made the most of an opportunity when given a hole. Otherwise, poor blocking has limited him to a lot of 1-2 yard runs, or TFL.

Barry Sanders was one rb who managed to be insanely productive despite pedestrian lines. He routinely led the league in TFL's, but hit a ton or homerun balls as well.

So Sunday against the Bengals, Chubb had 15 carries for 106 yards.

Loss- 0
    No gain- 2 carries
    1 yard- 2 carries
    2 yds.- 3 carries
    3 yds- 4 carries
    4-5 yds- 0
    6-10 yds- 1 carry
    10-15 yds- 2 carries
    16-20 yds- 0
    20+ yds- 1 carry (57 yds.)

Previous week against Steelers, 16 carries for 58 yards

Loss- 1 carry
    No gain- 1 carry
    1 yard- 2 carries
    2 yds.- 2 carries
    3 yds- 5 carries
    4-5 yds- 2 carries
    6-10 yds- 2 carries
    10-15 yds- 1 carry
    16-20 yds- 0
    20+ yds- 0

Previous week against Dolphins... 21 carries for 106 yards...

Loss- 0
    No gain- 0
    1 yard- 1 carry
    2 yds.- 1 carry
    3 yds- 4 carries
    4-5 yds- 7 carries
    6-10 yds- 5 carries
    10-15 yds- 0
    16-20 yds- 1 carry (17)
    20+ yds- 0

comes out to 20-101, so missing from play by play is a 5 yard carry.

I'm thinking that given the blocking, Chubb racks up a greater percentage of carries resulting in 1-3 yards, and certainly more big gainers. But that would take a ton of research.