10 on Sunday (Broncos Edition)

10 on Sunday (Broncos Edition)

• poppa9601 said... (original post) And whose fault is that? Do you know, or do you want me to tell you?If you think this is "Freddie's" team, you'd be wrong. It's Dorsey's team, fr...

No disagreement Poppa, but I think this group underperforms. I'm thinking a real head coach, Parcells, Walsh, Belichick, would get more than we are seeing. Too much to go around to pin it or all of it on Dorsey. Our coaching doesn't get results. The season is over. One question remains. Will Haslam stay the course keeping Dorsey down to the water boy?. Who stays? Who goes?
  • Gameface64 said... (original post) You take the team to Baltimore and then fire the coach, he was fired by the Ravens' owner, not the Browns. I get what you're saying, b...

The move was announced in the middle of the previous season, months before anything could be taken to Baltimore since... they still had to finish the season in Cleveland.

When Modell, the Browns owner, became Modell, the Ravens owner, isn’t clear to me. Apparently it’s abundantly clear to others since it would then fit the narrative and save face for the beleaguered franchise.

• I concede it's a small inconsequential detail, only mentioned in parenthesis at the end of my post upthread. Chalk it up to a personal pet peeve of mine, or discuss it to death if you prefer.

• poppa9601 said... (original post) And whose fault is that? Do you know, or do you want me to tell you?If you think this is "Freddie's" team, you'd be wrong. It...

SD:

Precisely my point , the GM wouldn't be making roster decisions , and if Garret couldn't produce but one holding call vs the worst LT in football vs a QB who never took a snap ,somebody else would be playing his minutes ,.

Landry and OBJ would have both had their azz fined after they got benched , and if Baker couldn't pull his head out of his azz long enough to realize running off at the mouth when your losing games ,telegraphing passes and throwing 95 mile fastballs on every pass regardless of down distance and the situation was not good ,somebody else would be in there throwing balls while he pondered the error of his ways from the sidelines .

Collins and peppers would be making plays for us instead of somebody else, and Avery would be creating edge pressure for peanuts instead of paying Vernon the GNP of Haiti to produce squat .

In fact we wouldn't have a LT or a linebacker problem , because we never would have dealt the number one for OBJ in the first place , and as stated Collins would have been retained .

Freddy doesn't have the cache to pick the toilet paper in his own office ,

Just the way Dorsey likes it , and the team follows his subserviant persona ,after Dorsey shipped off anybody with a pulse the worst being Zeitler who was the mainstay of this offense.

>>>>>>

SoulDawg

• redright said... (original post) Just asking.... Was there ever a successful head coach who was a buddy to the.players? seems the best were task masters.

SD:

Vermiel cried real tears , but thought nothing of working their c o c k s off .

Its about respect and fear .

The Baby Huey's and the big fat good ole boy buddy you portray as a position coach or OC won't cut it when you're the man .

Massive whiff as a coaching hire ,young teams need detail oriented coaching and a hard but fair task master, not a fake azz ****** like Manginni , but somebody who establishes clear lines and consequences and who gets the best out of his talent because he has their respect who fear the consequences when they aren't doing their jobs .

On another note, pairing OBJ with Landry ,was about as stupid a move as you could pull for a second year starter just learning this game , the den from the peanut gallery has overwhelmed him .

Did I mention having a Butt boy for your QB coach vs an experienced taskmaster who can get in your azz is also less than ideal.

Dorsey and Freddie cocked this up six ways toSunday ,.

They're running a nursery instead of a dog eat dog business.

>>>>>

SoulDawg

>>>>>

SoulDawg

>>>>>

SoulDawg

• Gameface64 said... (original post) Speaking of Jamal Adams, if I was Dorsey I'd check the price tag. We're competing (cough) in a division with Minkah Fitzpatrick and Ea...

There is a world class safety in this years draft class. We might be able to get him if we keep sucking. But Safety and LB are the biggest issues for me. Schobert I think should be traded while he has value. Dude is smart and plays hard but just doesnt have the speed needed and we get exposed for it. We don't have a SS on this team nor a FS we traded away the only decent one we had. The biggest problem is we are going to have a difficult time filling those holes AND address the OL.

• MYTH:

There is a world class safety in this years draft class. We might be able to get him if we keep sucking. But Safety and LB are the biggest issues for me.

AA:

This will be a draft where the Browns have several positions of need, so will use their first pick on the biggest player of impact at OT, G, TE, DT, LB and S.

MYTH:

Schobert I think should be traded while he has value. Dude is smart and plays hard but just doesnt have the speed needed and we get exposed for it.

AA:

Isn't he up for his second contract? That won't make him valuable unless another team can work out an extension in advance. And if his speed is problematic for the Browns, it will surely be the same for any prospective trade partner

MYTH:

We don't have a SS on this team nor a FS we traded away the only decent one we had.

AA:

Randall was the de facto FS last year and played like one. Rangy, but not real physical, and his effort gets him nicked up.

Even as a SS, Peppers is slow. His stint as a FS was to have Williams position him like Willie Mays against Frank Howard. I wouldn't say he was deep, but a kid in the bleachers could whisper to him "Can I get your autograph?" And Willie would respond "Next inning, kid."

And had Pepper stayed, what makes anyone believe he would be underperforming along with most of his teammates? Just as he was rounding into form last season, reaching the summit of average, they trade him. He is the second leading tackler on the Giants because many safeties are the second leading tackler on their club. Schobert is the leading tackler for the Browns, but so was Wali back in the day.

MYTH:

The biggest problem is we are going to have a difficult time filling those holes AND address the OL.

AA:

That's why God invented free agency. Can't put all your eggs into the draft basket.

• Mangini had his flaws, sure, but he'd have this bunch of kids at 4-4 or 5-3 right now. Even with the flaws in the roster. At the very least, 3-5.

• kosartoslaughter said... (original post) Mangini had his flaws, sure, but he'd have this bunch of kids at 4-4 or 5-3 right now. Even with the flaws in the roster. At the very ...

SD

So we swap out for a hump that gives a guaranteed 3-5

Just stop before you.hurt yourself

• SoulDawg74 said... (original post) SDSo we swap out for a hump that gives a guaranteed 3-5 Just stop before you.hurt yourself

He'd have them more disciplined. Agree to disagree.

• kosartoslaughter said... (original post) He'd have them more disciplined. Agree to disagree.

SD:

Wearing a pocket protector doesn't make you Einstein.

Just because you insist on High school rules for Pros doesn't make you a coach.

Nobody in the football world wants Mangini at any level , only Browns fans longing for fake mediocre tough guys, mistaking overblown gas bag mumbles clone replicas as the real deal Holyfield.

>>>>>

SoulDawg

• O K. But can we agree a disciplined, organized, detailed oriented coach holding the troops to task... say a Marty Shortenheimer clone..... would have fielded a respectable team effort?

• redright said... (original post) O K. But can we agree a disciplined, organized, detailed oriented coach holding the troops to task... say a Marty Shortenheimer clone..... would h...

SD:

Marty was no slouch ,Dude turned around teams everywhere he went ,he just couldn't hold his mud when it counted the most choked away our SuperBowl when he allowed Horseteeth to go 98 yards playing a FCKN Prevent , after we killed that Mutha sucka all day using pressure .

Chargers fired him despite winning 14 games when he choked away their playoffs .

Returned the Chiefs to former glory ,but that Demon Clutch gene reared its head yet again and never allowed him over the hump.

Lost with the Nigerian Nightmare after running his wheels off .

The Mutha was the Poster child for gripping in the clutch ,but one hell of a regular season coach , who could turn any program around and did .

Mangini couldn't carry his jock, were he a soldier his own troops would have fragged his sorry **** , while Marty was loved and respected by his men and they played for him accordingly.

SoulDawg