Another One Bites the Dust

Another One Bites the Dust

• Callaway waived.....that's 3 of Dorsey's 2018 class dismissed in short order....Corbett, Avery and now Callaway.

He was just taking snaps away from Higgins anyway.

Forbes activated....our next great OL hope.

• Discussion
  • Who's our burner take the top off a D now? Ratley? OBJ is not straight speed, Landry nope and Higgins double nope. WTF do I know that I can complain, but I sure like the KC model of superior speed across the line stressing the f'''k out of opposing secondaries. They run out Hill, Watkins, Robinson. They throw two passes to Mecole Hardman every week and one of them is a 50 plus yard TD. Their RB Damien Williams is fast. Their TE is fast for his position.

Just spitballing. I get it. Right now it's way more important that the Browns WRs run the correct route and know how to get open than simply burn defenses straight down the field.

This post was edited by Gameface64 2 months ago

• Gameface64 said... (original post) Who's our burner take the top off a D now? Ratley? OBJ is not straight speed, Landry nope and Higgins double nope. WTF do I know that I can ...

Hopefully we'll see more 12 and 22 personnel. Especially with Hunt back. Browns haven't thrown a pass over 25 yards this season anyway - Callaway was just preventing Higgins from playing time.

• Gameface64 said... (original post) Who's our burner take the top off a D now? Ratley? OBJ is not straight speed, Landry nope and Higgins double nope. WTF do I know that I can ...

Where's Perriman when we need him??

Maybe we can steal him back from Arians....he doesn't seem to be getting much action there.

9 catches.....75 yards.....1 TD.

• TheDutchman said... (original post) Callaway waived.....that's 3 of Dorsey's 2018 class dismissed in short order....Corbett, Avery and now Callaway. He was just taking s...

SD:

Took Dorsey nine games even after the Josh Gordon example and the Crap he pulled with his car coming off a suspension in College .

Said it when he got his four games and its come home today .

Should have been cut or traded the minute the four game suspension came down.

Valid point of him stealing reps from Higgins , but it's more than that .

Scragging his sorry **** on the eve of this game maybe the message needed , the shot across the bow these young punks need to stop the child's play ,focus and take care of their business.

Chalk one up for Freddy on this one IMO.

Dorsey finally made a move of support instead of undercutting him .

Benching his **** reverberated thru the locker room last week nevermind Cutting the stupid mutha.

One less dumbbell..…..……..…

>>>>

SoulDawg

>>>>

SD:

It would have just bounced off his pads or hands or he would have been stripped after going 50 yards just like last year , because he couldn't be bothered to focus long enough and concentrate on what he was doing .

Kareem hunt ripping off runs or catching passes will more than make up any

Poh teen shill ,real or imagined lost production of Calloway ,let alone factoring in the negatives he brought to the table .

Mutha musta really been showing his azz for Freddy or err ahem I mean Dorsey to cut yet another of his Honi's loose.

>>>>

SoulDawg

• SoulDawg74 said... (original post) SD:Took Dorsey nine games even after the Josh Gordon example and the Crap he pulled with his car coming off a suspension in College .Said it whe...

Yeah....might very well be a message being sent.

The problem is it's probably gonna go right over the heads of the guys for whom it's intended.

I sure hope OBJ's got the right shoes laid out for tonight.

• eff these narcisistic drama queen WRs. These guys are not what football's suppose to be about. I want to see true grit guys like Rice, Largent, Belitnikoff, etc. Ram's got a guy like this in Kupp. Patriots have Edelmen. Had Welker and Amendola. Browns need just hardnosed workhorses who know how to get open, who know body placement and know how to fight for and secure the ball and who take 1000 reps/day on the jugs machine rather than do commercial TV spots.

I'd like to see Freddy cut OBJ and really send a message. Hell I'd trade Baker for a decent LB or starting Safety to add to this leaderless, lifeless defense. But, that's just me...

• Guess it wasn't a message after all. Callaway will not be eligible to play until game 4 of next season. No point in keeping him around.

• With hunt and chubb playing the whole game there is not much room for wr/tight ends anyway

• To the original poster I say, at least Dorsey has admitted mistakes. Past Browns regimes would have these guys around in the name of con sis tent c for years.

• westsidewahoo said... (original post) To the original poster I say, at least Dorsey has admitted mistakes. Past Browns regimes would have these guys around in the name of con sis ...

Yeah....wasn't trying to impugn Dorsey's talent evaluation skills.....the Corbett miss was a black mark but 4th and 5th rounders like Callaway and Avery are crap shoots.....unfortunately, most of ours seem to come up snake eyes.

It just seems a little weird that we lost all 3 guys in the space of a couple weeks.