Are We Really as Talented as We Think We Are??

Are We Really as Talented as We Think We Are??

• redright said... (original post) Dutch. Curiously you noted my opinion of fans over rating their guys in a thread speaking of Brady. In NWE pats fans say there is nothing wrong wi...

Yeah....I think I was addressing SD's comment about Brady salivating over our skill position guys....and my reference to your comment was more generic about local fans tending to overrate the talent level of their favorite team.

At the risk of having to eat my words when he wins another Super Bowl this year, I do think Brady is starting to show his age....he can still throw the ball accurately as hell and with plenty of velocity. But, he's starting to look like Herman Munster when you get him off his spot and force him to move around a bit....and the nagging injuries seem to be piling up which is certainly understandable for a guy his age.

Most of the blame, so far anyway, for their offensive struggles is falling on the WRs....they do have a few rookies they're trying to integrate into the system and Brady's frustration with them has been obvious.

He's an unrestricted free agent next year.....and his contract prohibits the Patriots from using the franchise tag on him. So, it's gonna be interesting to see how that plays out....I don't think there's a whole lot of love lost between him and Belichick anymore....strictly a marriage of convenience.

The Patriot fans won't turn on him when they're setting at 10-2 and coming off another Super Bowl win....but, if they continue to struggle offensively and get bounced out of the playoffs before the Super Bowl....look out.

• redright said... (original post) Dutch. Curiously you noted my opinion of fans over rating their guys in a thread speaking of Brady. In NWE pats fans say there is nothing wrong wi...

"Ignore the obvious."

-- Not that this is off topic or anything, but watching how BB has coached while forced to keep an aging Brady at the helm the last few years has been impressive. That's called "making adjustments", Freddie. Watch and learn while you still have the chance.

• The only thing Freddie is learning from Bill B. is how to wear a sweatshirt.

• mythrand said... (original post) The only thing Freddie is learning from Bill B. is how to wear a sweatshirt.

A sweatshirt that covers the T-shirt when necessary...

• Gameface64 said... (original post) Dutch, I think you're reading too much into the PR aspect of all this. Haslam has been, and will continue to keep Dorsey as his buffer from ...

He's the cook, actually.

;)

user generated

The Pats lost again. After that 8-0 start, I'm not sure what happened.

• TheDutchman said... (original post) I don't think Hodges outplayed Baker.....one guy was dealing with a bottom half of the league defense that was missing it's most dyna...

I think Duck will become very good. At least backing up Big Ben. But Big Ben wasn't that good even before he got hurt.

Rudolph = not good.

• kosartoslaughter said... (original post) The Pats lost again. After that 8-0 start, I'm not sure what happened.

SD:

No running game ,No offensive threats the defense has to respect ,and none of the drek left can catch the ball other than Edelman .

>>>

SoulDawg

• TheDutchman said... (original post) Yeah....I think I was addressing SD's comment about Brady salivating over our skill position guys....and my reference to your comment was more ...

R R... Good assessment. IMO, Brady has diminishing skills and BB is thought to have wanted to keep Jimmy G. Sound familiar?.. Kraft kept his golden goose.
    They might win another SB. Denver Broncos won with a broken down Peyton. The Pats have BB, and their defense and special teams give them a to win any game.
    Football Outsiders rates their pass blocking at #6; run blocking at #19. They have Edelman, Sanu, Watson, White and WRs who they don't throw to.... 7 targets last game. With Brady's numbers declining every year , he has become the weakest link. Old man time has a grip on him. He's hit a wall and there is no back up or quarterback for next year. The new guy is working to become Cassell quality.
    Then again, can all those Brady fans be right and he is the GOAT?
  • redright said... (original post) R R... Good assessment. IMO, Brady has diminishing skills and BB is thought to have wanted to keep Jimmy G. Sound familiar?.. Kraft kept his golde...

Yeah....you certainly can't count em out....they're always gonna have a puncher's chance with Belichick. But, they've now lost to the Ravens, Chiefs and Texans this year so some of that fear factor of them may be wearing off.

Garappolo's success is probably a real burr under Belichick's saddle....he had the succession plan in place but Brady was still playing well enough to bring it crashing down....and now, the cupboard's bare behind him if they do end up with a messy divorce this offseason.

This post was edited by TheDutchman 8 months ago

• Gameface64 said... (original post) If OBJ is such a ******* route runner, how in the world did Eli Manning ever complete a pass to him? Must have been David Tyree drawing all the ...

.....and over your head it goes again. What makes you think Freddie is "boss"? Or that Monken works for him? This isn't Freddie's team, it's Dorsey's. Again, how can that be more obvious?

Does the offense look ANYTHING like last years offense? So now tell me why Freddie or anybody else would change the offense that got him the job in the first place? Or hire a guy HE DIDN"T EVEN KNOW? Who didn't run the same offense? Can you seriously tell me you believe that?

Freddie is being TOLD what to do. Or do you need a link to a confession by John Dorsey to finally see the obvious?

• Gameface64 said... (original post) A couple more points for Poppa.Do I love l-u-v John Dorsey? Compared to Dwight Clark, Pete Garcia, Savage, Kokinis, Holmgren, Heckert, and Ray f...

And around and around we go.

Just one thing Game, tell me it isn't your expectations for this year that are the driving force behind your contempt?

Rookie HC, borderline rookie QB, new playbook, new diva WR, weaker offensive line. Somehow that added up to SB for you, right?

Yes, by all means, let's change AGAIN. That'll work, after all it has every time before.

• redright said... (original post) Dutch, there was enough talent to win the Steelers game. It was an embarrassing loss. There were far too many losses in winnable games.

You're absolutely right Red. But here's where I call BS. Wilks is praised everytime the defense plays well, but when they lose the game ( and in this instance a 10 point lead) it becomes Freddie's fault.

Wilks is a former HC who was brought in to be a DC our rookie HC didn't have to oversee. Complaints like yours come across as a witch hunt. Win, lose or draw, Freddie sucks, am I right?

If it seems I'm defending Freddie, I'm not. I'm just pointing out the obvious. To me no one changes everything they believe in when what they have always done and believed in got them the job they always wanted. That's crazy. Unless of course it was a condition of getting the job. Which is what I believe.

So now you, Game and SD can crucify Freddie all you want, but you'll never convince me Dorsey isn't the one pulling the strings on this mess. Not ever.

Has Freddie made mistakes? of course he has, everybody does. But do I believe this is the offense he wants to run, No, no I don't.

This post was edited by poppa9601 8 months ago

• poppa9601 said... (original post) .....and over your head it goes again. What makes you think Freddie is "boss"? Or that Monken works for him? This isn't Freddie&#x...

What exactly is Kitchens offense? Describe it to me. Is it what he had all season to install, or what he ran with from Haley's playbook with one week to prepare last season?

Who was Fred's mentor? I'll give you a clue, his initials are Bruce Arians. Mr No Risk It No Bisquit. What was Monken's MO? Deep passing attack. Somehow you take all the information and come up with Kitchen's being force fed an offense by......the G.M. Must be top secret in Berea that Dorsey's running the offensive meetings. Shhhhhhh, you're blowing their cover.