Freddy Kitchens =

Freddy Kitchens =

• LARRY THE CABLE GUY!!!

• Discussion
  • SD:

He's coaching for his life to day , career defining moment.

End of the third quarter and we finally make a stop when we had to

>>>

SoulDawg

• SoulDawg74 said... (original post) SD:He's coaching for his life to day , career defining moment.End of the third quarter and we finally make a stop when we had to >>&g...

I don't believe he as coaching for his life today, or Thursday for that matter.

But I'll say this, that was the worst play calling/ red zone play design I have ever seen. 3 times they pitched the ball turn Chubb from 1 yard away and lost ground every time. He's a down hill runner, let him bang straight ahead. Terrible play design.

Should have kicked the FG the first time. Glad Hubbard had a penalty on the second, but I swear I thought they still were considering going for it after the flag on Hub.

And yes, I'm convinced Freddie needs to give up the play calling. He's just too emotional, making decisions with his heart and not his head.

• Couldn’t believe this idiot empties the backfield and attempts a pass play from his own 1 yard line when you have not one but 2 of the most prolific running backs in the league.

• JAZZYDAWG1 said... (original post) Couldn’t believe this idiot empties the backfield and attempts a pass play from his own 1 yard line when you have not one but 2 of the most prol...

Only thing worse is that moron QB of ours who simply refuses to throw the ball away. Every sack he took today could have been avoided. Somebody needs to tell that fool, "sometimes the best play is to throw it away".

This post was edited by poppa9601 8 months ago

• poppa9601 said... (original post) Only thing worse is that moron QB of ours who simply refuses to throw the ball away. Every sack he took today could have been avoided. Somebody n...

Man you are one joyless SOB aren't you?

26/38 2/0 102.7

Game winning drive and TD.

But he's a moron, and a fool.

Look in the mirror, dude.

This post was edited by gomjabber 8 months ago

• poppa9601 said... (original post) I don't believe he as coaching for his life today, or Thursday for that matter.But I'll say this, that was the worst play calling/ red ...

They got 4 FG's last week. ***** the field goals, He was aggressive, I personally have no problem with it.
    He got crucified last week for not giving it to Chubb, this week he gives it to Chubb over and over and still he's wrong.
    As for a pitch vs straight handoff, I dont recall the exact plays now but I think Chubb got at least 1 or more straight handoffs.
    Psst Poppa the Oline is soft and can't impose it's will on anyone.

This post was edited by Gameface64 8 months ago

• gomjabber said... (original post) Man you are one joyless SOB aren't you?26/38 2/0 102.7Game winning drive and TD.But he's a moron, and a fool.Look in the mirror, dude.

Thanks for the stats.

The worst statistical QB in the league didn't blow the game.......Today.

But by all means, you enjoy. My team is 3-6 and in 3rd place thanks to their shi**y QB play.

This post was edited by Gameface64 8 months ago

• Are you telling me that the safety was Bakers fault? The one where Freddie went 5 wide and got the call in with like 12 seconds on the clock? You know the one where they barely lined up and had to snap it... no time to read anything? Nothing like giving your QB a chance to succeed? Yeah?

• poppa9601 said... (original post) I don't believe he as coaching for his life today, or Thursday for that matter.But I'll say this, that was the worst play calling/ red ...

SD:

Believe what you want to, children all are encouraged to fantasize about Santa while adults engage in wishlists too .

But I'm telling ya now , like your life depended on it .

Freddie doesn't kick that FG and gets stuffed on that third fourth down series after being thwarted 9 other times inside the 2 and we lose as a result .

That fool gets fired before he can hit the shower .

As it is ,he bought another week.

Only beating the inbred this week can save his job now if we don't win out and make the playoffs ,or Baker continuing his first positive type play like they're finally turning the corner, reminiscent of the circumstance which got him this job as he finally captures and ghosts last years spirit into this years play .

To his credit ,Freddie finally realized he has more responsibility than just his stupid play sheet and talked to his defense directly exhorting them to calm down and get ready for the next play after that Personal foul for roughing was called on Ogun ruining a key stop.

One thing you got right ,he coached and the team played up to the level of their first X game .

Only thing wrong its not July where such stupidity doesn't go down on your record ,it was game 9 week 10 , with the inbred coming in on a short week riding a four game winning streak with a two game lead on us for the wildcard .

Chips are sitting in the middle of the table to get back in the game , maybe Hubbard bumps his chair so he knows enough to call instead of fold and go home .

>>>

SoulDawg

• mythrand said... (original post) Are you telling me that the safety was Bakers fault? The one where Freddie went 5 wide and got the call in with like 12 seconds on the clock? You ...

Yes I am.

In the end, the QB is the one on the field, not the HC/OC. He's got to know the situation, and in that formation he's got to know he doesn't have time to "go through his

reads". The play is either there or it isn't, if it's not, throw the ball away. You don't see Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady making that stupid mistake. But it's a defining characteristic of Baker's to hold the ball and try to make something from nothing. Which, knowing that your QB is too stupid to throw the ball away, I guess it is partly on the staff to call any pass play in that situation.

So there, feel better?

• SoulDawg74 said... (original post) SD:Believe what you want to, children all are encouraged to fantasize about Santa while adults engage in wishlists too .But I'm telling ya ...

So who do you name as his replace to finish the year, and do you expect HIM to lead the team to the Playoffs?

Because I'm here to tell ya, there isn't anyone on staff that can do that. So what's the point? The only thing a mid-season firing will do is further limit any possible future upgrade that "quick draw" Jimmy can find as a HC.

That's how we ended up with Mike Pettine, remember?

So now the emotional butt hurt fans (like yourself) lead another charge to change the HC b/c you all expected a playoff team. We end up with some former loser like Mike McCarthy or yet another rookie HC who will have growing panes just like Freddie. And when he fails to deliver a playoff team, will you lead the charge to change yet again?

....wash, rinse, repeat.

Great strategy, as all past results will indicate. To quote Forrest Gump " stupid is as stupid does".

This post was edited by poppa9601 8 months ago

• poppa9601 said... (original post) So who do you name as his replace to finish the year, and do you expect HIM to lead the team to the Playoffs?Because I'm here to tell ya, th...

I agree with you as far as continuity and consistency for the most part. Always best if possible.

But let me re-phrase your opening question to SD then: If the Browns look more or less as they have for the first part of the season (going 3-6 and playing ugly quite a bit) as the season unfolds with Freddie as HC, what do you then do? Keep on keeping on as is? Make tweaks, but no change at HC? What? If the team appears to be getting no better at the end, does Jim Bob Poppa congratulate Dorsey and Freddie, clap his hands, have a shot of bourbon and say "Wait'll next year"?

• poppa9601 said... (original post) So who do you name as his replace to finish the year, and do you expect HIM to lead the team to the Playoffs?Because I'm here to tell ya, th...

SD:

Stop with the Nonsense, Wilks was HC and Monken was brought in as Dorsey's defacto henchman should such an unfortunate situation come up in regard to Freddy .

One Monkey don't stop the show in the NFL ,even if that means promoting the special teams coach ala Baltimore and what Miami did years ago promoting a position coach to finish out a season so just can the bullshit smell the roses

As I said ,and I'll repeat .

I'm not advocating a switch out , just explaining the minefield in place Freddie would have triggered with the ugliest loss yet snatching defeat from Victory last week , let alone going into this Thursday dare he repeat.

He bought another week with that win ,avoided an embarrassing immediate dismissal in the process , but hardly cleared the woods .

Its week to week and he's on life support fighting to keep this job due to his own arrogance and stupidity .

Beating the inbred buys him extra chips two extra chances to make it to coach to the point of mathematical elimination with a review ,while a loss at home on National TV especially exhibiting his chinese fire drill incredulous coaching as the problem, will trigger an unfortunate series of developments not in his favor .

Winning out is the only sure cure , Freddy is coaching right now for his job simply because he squandered the season with his poor decisions, lousy situational coaching, stubbornness cluelessness and inability tohave Baker producing , which was the main element in his favor for his hiring ,worse he's being singled out by management as the reason for not having a team expected to hunt for the playoffs executing at an unacceptable line commiserate to the talent and expectations .

He blew all his chips and cachet early and as a result .

There is no wiggle room ,and his coaching fate as far as continuing here with the Browns

Is Kiss simple Mathematics .

A + B better equal Dubya.

Its hard but its fair

>>>>>

SoulDawg

• I hope Freddie was watching Pete Carroll and the Hawks last night, taking notes.

The Hawks D game plan was on point, loading up and stuffing the run, making Grapes beat them through the air.

On O they double teamed Bosa and ran the ball- plus play action and getting Russ out in space.

That should have been our game last night. We could have made a game of it in SF, as the Hawks did and they pulled it off...

• All I heard last year was 'don't fire Hue now, but wait until the end of the year'. I didn't want to wait and we saw improvement by kicking him to the curb then and there. Freddie needs to give up play calling period. I don't care if that means getting rid of him, hurting his feelings or whatever. Dorsey and Jimmy need a set of balls regardless if it reflects poorly on them for the promotion. We got a win with the Bills. Anyone with any honestly knows it was due to them not making a FG not that we beat them. Chubb is a beast and Hunt was a big part blocking. We didn't out scheme them. We just had the better talent when needed on offense. All this bullshit about Baker being the cause it just that. Baker whether he makes it or not needs a OC who knows how to adjust and get the most out of him. He needs to be coached better too.

Look at the Bills. You think their record is due to Allen? Its knowing how to use what you have and getting the most out of it. Freddie doesn't know how to do it or refuses to do so. Frankly I don't care. He can't, so let someone else do it. That first drive is what we are capable of. Trying to get into the end zone was embarrassing. That represented 'Freddie's' inability to adjust and do it right. With Chubb and Hunt there are NO EXCUSS for struggling like we did being a lousy 3 yards out. Let Monken do what he is far more equipped to do. We CAN"T do worse. We can only have better plays called that helps not hinders. Anyone going to say that Monken will do worse? Hell, the guy when he came it was pitched by the media as a one and done and he would get a HC gig mostly next year. If Freddie pulls of a win Thursday he has bought himself more time. That game can go either way. If we are humiliated which is just as possible, a MOVE HAS TO BE MADE!

• SoulDawg74 said... (original post) SD:Stop with the Nonsense, Wilks was HC and Monken was brought in as Dorsey's defacto henchman should such an unfortunate situation come up ...

"Its week to week and he's on life support fighting to keep this job due to his own arrogance and stupidity ."

-- Speaking of "arrogance and stupidity", what happens to the guy who hired him as HC if the wheels fall off? You know, the GM who was a Genius God to many of us not so long ago? If events show that Freddie was an arrogant and stupid key hire, might not the whole house of cards collapse?

If something like that happens, Hue and Gregg- and even Bruce- might chuckle a little.

• dawgmusic said... (original post) I hope Freddie was watching Pete Carroll and the Hawks last night, taking notes. The Hawks D game plan was on point, loading up and stuffing the ...

I loved the play where everybody went right except Wilson rolling out left and the TE who leaked out. Easy pitch and catch for 5 pus yards with the added bonus of making the defense think twice and slowing their reaction times.

• I'm disappointed at the back stabbing already going on. There should be people in the FO fired for that *****.

Freddie is a rookie HC. He's making the same mistakes and his teams have the same issues Belichicks first Browns teams had. He's making corrections. Shouldn't have hired him if the FO wasn't going to allow a learning curve.

I think the biggest problem the team has is the fans who wave back and forth like wheat in the wind.

This post was edited by Gary Reents 8 months ago

• Gary Reents said... (original post) I'm disappointed at the back stabbing already going on. There should be people in the FO fired for that *****.Freddie is a rookie HC. He&#...

"Shouldn't have hired him if the FO wasn't going to allow a learning curve."

-- Exactly. Was he the right guy to hire as HC of a team that had just gone 7-8-1 and was trying to progress this year? A "learning curve" that results in an ugly 3-6 record makes one ponder. BTW: Freddie refuses to acknowledge he has a "learning curve". Does that indicate tough-mindedness or out-of-touch delusion?

"I think the biggest problem the team has is the fans who wave back and forth like wheat in the wind."

-- Interesting comment. Since you feel it's the team's "biggest problem", it sounds like you think they are basing decisions on how their fans think. Not sure that's the best way to go about things, but it's possibly true.

• ergoipso said... (original post) "Shouldn't have hired him if the FO wasn't going to allow a learning curve."-- Exactly. Was he the right guy to hire as HC of a team that had just ...

He's the headcoach and that decision was widely and loudly lobbied for by most fans. Turning on him now and demanding another oc and dc and hc just pushes the clock back. Foolishness driven by disappointment.

That has to stop. They hired him. Give him a chance.

Tweak his staff. Learn from his mistakes. Replace the lax players. Develop.

• Gary Reents said... (original post) He's the headcoach and that decision was widely and loudly lobbied for by most fans. Turning on him now and demanding another oc and dc an...

"He's the headcoach and that decision was widely and loudly lobbied for by most fans."

-- Which naturally should in no way have had any affect on how Dorsey did his hire if he's a competent GM rather than an empty crowd-pleaser.

"Turning on him now and demanding another oc and dc and hc just pushes the clock back. Foolishness driven by disappointment.That has to stop."

-- I hope when you say "foolishness driven by disappointment" you mean the fans and not Dorsey. If so, it's just noise that should be ignored whether it stops or not. If you include Dorsey in that, then there are problems in the power structure.

"They hired him. Give him a chance. Tweak his staff. Learn from his mistakes. Replace the lax players. Develop."

-- "They" is plural. "The GM" is singular. At any rate, tweaking, learning, replacing and developing are all fine if they need to be done. But it's also a good idea to hire a HC who can keep those things to a minimum right from the start whenever possible. Not sure Dorsey did that after the team went 7-8-1 last year and had expectations.

But yes, speaking of Freddie, I agree we should "give him a chance". Which the team is doing. So far that chance has resulted in a 3-6 record and some questions about a career position coach magically made HC by his Fairy God-GM. But there's still 7 more games to help get the answers to the questions...

• Gary Reents said... (original post) I'm disappointed at the back stabbing already going on. There should be people in the FO fired for that *****.Freddie is a rookie HC. He&#...

I understand your take on this. Part of me agrees but imo here is the problem. Freddie wasn't even a credible or should I say proven OC let a lone a HC. We need a real OC more than anything right now. Last year we were not taken seriously by defenses. Freddies designs were simple and more at what colleges were running. Now, we are schemed by much more complicated covers that Freddie can handle or faced. Sunday was living proof. His first drive looked great. Then the defense adjusted but we didn't. Was it Freddie wouldn't? No, Freddie didn't have an answer. The redzone was laughable and more evidence of it. So laughable Cowher and the rest have a great time mocking him. It also showed his lack of making decsions on the spot when needed. You want to let him learn being a OC? HC? BOTH????? Not me. He has an experienced OC in Monken. He has to let go of one IF he wants ownership & fans to have the needed patience. Dorsey needs to nut up and have Freddie concentrat on one or the other. Just because you can do one doesn't mean you can do either let alone both at once. Freddie has yet to prove he can do either.

• hamster said... (original post) I understand your take on this. Part of me agrees but imo here is the problem. Freddie wasn't even a credible or should I say proven OC let a lone ...

I see the offense moving on the Patriots. On the Ravens. On the Bills. On Seattle.

What I see are players not concentrating or paying attention to details. That is changing. I don't see poor offensive concepts, I see HC issues. But one by one they are getting corrected.

The changes that have to be made are to the Mayfield handlers. He's confused and in my opinion so is the QB coach and he's been no help. That also seems to be trending toward better, but that aspect of the O coaching has to be improved in the offseason.

The ST have been fine. Big improvement,

Not sure of Wilks. Needs to blitz more since the vaunted dl isn't living up to expectations. But overall better tackling from last year.
  • ergoipso said... (original post) I agree with you as far as continuity and consistency for the most part. Always best if possible.But let me re-phrase your opening question to SD ...

Yes, I do. If for no other reason than JH3 can't keep firing HC's and expect to hire anyone better than what he's got.

The one thing Freddie has going for him is the fact that he's done it. He's won with Baker.

No question in my mind that the change of players (OBJ) and the change in offense ( Monken) has caused the change in fortunes. I agree with SD that they need to get back to what they were doing last year. Where we disagree is that I don't think it's Freddie's choice.

You need to look no further than Tampa to see what constant change has done to Winston, or in Tennessee where change got Marriota benched. Baker won't be any different if he has to learn another playbook.

• SoulDawg74 said... (original post) SD:Stop with the Nonsense, Wilks was HC and Monken was brought in as Dorsey's defacto henchman should such an unfortunate situation come up ...

Yeah, how dare he go 2-6 against the toughest schedule in the league with a QB having just 13 career starts at the start of the season.. We should be undefeated at worst. He failed to meet your expectations. He should be fired and that lameazz Wilks should be named HC. Either he or the creator of the "Air Raid" offense Baker can't run.

Obviously math wasn't your best subject. Take a breath and untwist your panties little girl. If I could predict these results at the beginning of the year, which I did, then a playoff year was anything but a slam dunk. Because it was obvious to me that they were going to struggle. Just too many new things and players to learn.

Freddie isn't going to get fired. Get that through your head. It serves no purpose.