Holy Sh"""t

Holy Sh"""t

• Take a great win and turn it into a giant pile of sh:t with a single moment of uncontrolled rage. Garrett's going to do some serious time, like the rest of the season. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they suspend him into next year. After he spearheaded a d-line that made the Steeler's vaunted o-line look ordinary.

We put a foot up their **** in general.

• Discussion
  • We aren't their bitches anymore...

• Even when the Browns win they lose. Yeah, multiple game suspension for Garrett and we already have Vernon out. And Rudolph started it by trying to rip Garrett's helmet off. He should get a suspension as well.

I don't know why we were even rushing Rudolph with 17 seconds left. The game was over. Garrett was going for a stat. Rudolph was frustrated with the four interceptions.

On top of that was the Randall cheap shot on their receiver. He might get a game, too, or at least a big fine.

Schobert was awesome and the defense as a whole played great, especially the D-line and corners. It was nice to see the Browns being just as physical as the Steelers for once. The Steeler offense without Ben, Conner, and Shuster-Smith is a shadow of its former self.

• I am not sure they will come down that hard. Suh got 1 game for stomping on a guys head. Rudolph ran back in to attack Myles and would never have been in range because DeCastro was pushing him back but the dumbass punk Rudolph runs up saying ***** to him... Myles shouldn't have lost his cool either way. I suspect its 4 games max and he is back for the Baltimore game. The question is can he appeal it like Brady did and put it off till next year.

• mythrand said... (original post) I am not sure they will come down that hard. Suh got 1 game for stomping on a guys head. Rudolph ran back in to attack Myles and would never have ...

There does seem to be enough mitigating factors that the suspension could be lower than what it seems it could be. Rudolph was clearly trying to rip off Garrett's helmet first, and just failed. He then came after him, as you said, when Garrett was 5+ yards away, which is different than Garrett breaking free from the two lineman and attacking him.

That said, he swung a helmet at a guy's head. I'm not going to have a problem with anything he gets, though I hope the league at least addresses the Steelers side of things, too. Bad look all around.
  • PROSECUTOR said... (original post) Even when the Browns win they lose. Yeah, multiple game suspension for Garrett and we already have Vernon out. And Rudolph started it by trying ...

Steelers might have been short handed, but you know they were cocky coming in. Pretty sure they thought their D would be all over Mayfield and be the turnover kings.

• Gameface64 said... (original post) Steelers might have been short handed, but you know they were cocky coming in. Pretty sure they thought their D would be all over Mayfield and b...

For once we were the turnover kings.

• Great find, great tweet. Tell 'em Sam.

• Myles should have handled it better but I’m happy the team pounded on them bitches all game. Gonna miss our DL but hey time for some guys to step up. Chad Thomas, Chris Smith, Devaroe Lawrence. It’s your time boys. If NFL only takes Myles out for 4 games AND our Offense continues it’s current growth, we may matter when we play the rats again.

• Oh and Rudolph is a punk MF

• vdubble said... (original post) Oh and Rudolph is a punk MF

SD:

Hmm that would explain why he was smiling in the huddle when the Browns were poundin that AZZ.

• James Jones and Willie McGinnist had a full and balanced review of that play on the post game NFL Network show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwGkX7R7Oo0

This post was edited by yogi8 2 months ago

• Rudolph is lucky. Because of this people will feel sorry for him, instead of concentrating on his performance.

• Rudolph called Garrett a "bully" and said what he did was "cowardly". Wow. I think trying to punch a player who is being restrained by a teammate (like Rudolph did) is cowardly, not that I'm fine with the helmet swing.

Rudolph started it and then tried to punch Garrett while Garrett was being restrained and pushed away from Rudolph. He should be suspended for a game along with Pouncey. Garrett was pinned on the ground and Pouncey kicked him in the head, and that was after throwing several punches.

Garrett's suspension should be four games for the helmet pull and swing minus one game since he was provoked after a clean and legal hit and since he hit a guy who was attacking him while he was being restrained. It's not like Garrett attacked a player who was backing off or whose arms were being held or was pinned on the ground like Rudolph did. Garrett should get three games plus fined.

Ogunjobi should be fined but not suspended. His shove was not dangerous and he did not follow it up.

This post was edited by PROSECUTOR 2 months ago

• yogi8 said... (original post) James Jones and Willie McGinnist had a full and balanced review of that play on the post game NFL Network show.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwGkX7...

That's a good rundown on what transpired.

Obviously, no excuse for Myles using the helmet as a weapon....but, Rudolph clearly instigated things by ripping at Myles helmet...and then, even after DeCastro had managed to get in between Myles and Rudolph, Rudolph came at him again.

If Myles had just dropped the damn helmet rather than using it as a weapon, we'd probably just be looking at a fine...but, as is, I think he gets at least 4 games....maybe done for the season.

Not sure what Ogunjobi's plan was....if you want to get in on the action, don't run up and push the helmet less QB in the back....go get a piece of Pouncey....he was the one kicking and punching Myles.

You can't make this ***** up.

• What is it about the Browns and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory on the last play of the game?

The Dwayne Rudd helmet toss, the Byner fumble, the blocked field goal returned for a touchdown. And others. OK, so we didn't lose the game, but the loss of Garrett for several games, including the game in Pittsburgh, might cause us to lose a game we would have won. We're thin at DE with Vernon injured and having traded Ogbah and Avery. At least Chad Thomas seemed to play well.

• PROSECUTOR said... (original post) Even when the Browns win they lose. Yeah, multiple game suspension for Garrett and we already have Vernon out. And Rudolph started it by trying ...

Went after Garrett's nuts twice. He should be fined as a minimum.

16 games for Garrett is what I think they do.

• Gary Reents said... (original post) Went after Garrett's nuts twice. He should be fined as a minimum.16 games for Garrett is what I think they do.

Thats insane. Golic said there is precedent when someone hit Incognito with a helmet in the head and he got 3 games. At most rest of season.

• mythrand said... (original post) Thats insane. Golic said there is precedent when someone hit Incognito with a helmet in the head and he got 3 games. At most rest of season.

Maybe, but NFL justice seems to be arbitrary and seldom follows previous patterns. I can think of several reasons why they may throw the book at Garrett.

Could have resulted in a serious injury, regardless of who started it.

Involved a QB. A couple lineman do this ***** and they might be a little more forgiving, but not necessarily.

Will want to show they're serious about protecting players and especially player's brains. Garrett's swing was a concussion or cracked skull waiting to happen. I'm actually surprised they didn't put Rudolph in concussion protocol and that he seemed fine. Obviously, it looked worse than it was. Rudolph didn't even get a cut on his scalp. But it still looked like hell. (Garrett got him with the open end of the helmet, which mitigated the force of the blow. Had it been crown of the helmet to crown of Rudolph's head, Rudy would have gone down for the count).

Bad bad look for the league on national TV. This is a f"""king PR nightmare for the NFL. Old blood and guts fans won't get in a twist, but casual fans and women that the NFL wants on board are pretty horrified.

It's a Brown on a Steeler. (Joking.....sort of).

This post was edited by Gameface64 2 months ago

• Gameface64 said... (original post) Maybe, but NFL justice seems to be arbitrary and seldom follows previous patterns. I can think of several reasons why they may throw the book at ...

SD

Three against one and one of those crazies attacked Myles without his helmet , he had no choice but to defend himself looked like Rudolph was a rabid animal trying to bite and had to be put down .

Garret just acted in civil Self - defense protecting the neighborhood from possible infection.

Mean joe Green on the white courtesy phone ,

Welcome to the club

>>>>>

• SoulDawg74 said... (original post) SDThree against one and one of those crazies attacked Myles without his helmet , he had no choice but to defend himself looked like Rudolph was ...

If only Goodell would see it your way.

FTR: I'm really hating on Mason Rudolph. I wanna smack him in the head with a football helmet.

• PS: I think everyone is over-reacting. It's clear to me that Garrett wasn't hitting Rudolph. He was just graciously attempting to gently place Rudolph's helmet back on his head, and Mason flinched. Because he's a puss.

• BTW my post "How I see it" which placed a lot of blame on Rudolph for instigating, has been removed from the Watercooler. Pretty incredible censorship if you ask me.

• SoulDawg74 said... (original post) SDThree against one and one of those crazies attacked Myles without his helmet , he had no choice but to defend himself looked like Rudolph was ...

"Rudolph was a rabid animal trying to bite"

-- Until he went wimpy and played the poor victim card by throwing his hands up like a little soccer player. In it's own way, it looked pretty bad. The main blow of NFL justice will fall on Myles. But the main hit on player rep will fall on Rudolph. A mix of bad play, sudden crazed desperation, then followed by a whiney plea for pity isn't a good look.

Oh well, the Browns have beaten both the Rats and the Squeelers this year. Once the dust settles and we find out who we'll have to finish the season, at least we'll have that. What does all this say to the Dorseys and the Haslams about Freddie, I wonder. Good and bad in all of this as far as his HC standing.

• gadfly23 said... (original post) BTW my post "How I see it" which placed a lot of blame on Rudolph for instigating, has been removed from the Watercooler. Pretty incredi...

That's strange. Check your PM.