Just how messy will things get?

Just how messy will things get?

• Gameface64 said... (original post) Pros working the reverse jinx. I see what he's doing there......

(Quiet! Don't give it away! You know Harbaugh and Tomlin read this site all the time.)

Yeah, Pros. You're right. We don't have a chance against the Rats and Squeelers. All they have to do is show up and they win automatically. Boy, they sure are awesome and unstoppable...

(See? That's how you trick those SOBs).

• ergoipso said... (original post) (Quiet! Don't give it away! You know Harbaugh and Tomlin read this site all the time.) Yeah, Pros. You're right. We don't have a ch...

Steelers are getting Conner back, and while their O is 28th, their D is 12th (yards for both categories). Their PF/PA is 19th/10th respectively.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2019.htm

Had they not had Conner I think we edge them at home but I think they will beat us both times pretty handily, and easily cover. For some reason CLE is -2.5 or -3 at home (!) against the Steelers. Take the Steelers and the points, as well as the moneyline (+130). Easy $$$. Not because they are a great team but just the way they are built matches up against our Carsonseque OL and Frodo Kitchens is still our HC.

Give me Mangini with this squad and we beat them, even with the bad OL.

I hope Freddie is gone after this year.

But the Steelers should win convincingly:

1) Veteran team with studs on D. We don't have anyone on D other than Garrett that would start for them. They are that good.

2) MUCH better coaching (Tomlin vs. Kitchens).

3) Refs want them in contention and fighting with BAL for the division, as last year that didn't happen.

This post was edited by kosartoslaughter 10 months ago

• Lol. Ward, Williams, and possibly Randall and Richardson/Ogunjobi would all be upgrades to the Steelers D. They lost Tuitt.

Browns should win on Thurs. Will they give it away? Who knows. But this is our game to win/lose. Stools are not better than the Bills.

Hunt should be added to all goal line packages.

• Gameface64 said... (original post) Pros working the reverse jinx. I see what he's doing there......

How I wish I had the power to make the Browns win by predicting losses.....I'd be the most negative poster of all time.

The Ravens have won five straight after losing to Cleveland, including wins over the Steelers, Seahawks, and the undefeated Patriots. They put up 37 points on a defense that was giving up something like 6 per game and was the best defense in history at this point in the season. They trashed the Seahawks 30-16 on the road. Other than the wierd loss to the Browns their only loss has been to the Chiefs 33-28.

I don't see the Browns losing the rematch as negative - just realistic. The Ravens are playing great lately and they'll be looking for payback.

The Steelers are on a similar trajectory, having won 5 of 6 with the only loss coming to the Ravens in OT. They lost on the road to New England and San Francisco and at home by two points to Seattle in the first three games of the season. They're a very good team that is getting better.

The Browns are going to be hard pressed to win any of those games.

This post was edited by PROSECUTOR 10 months ago

• The Steelers lost to the Patriots (8-1), 49ers (8-0), Seahawks (7-2), and Ravens (7-2). They lost to Seattle by 2 points, the Niners by 4, and the Ravens by 3 in OT.

The Steelers beat the Bengals (0-9), Miami (2-7), the Chargers (4-6), Indy (5-4), and the Rams (5-4). They're definitely an above average team based on beating all the losers as well as the 5-4 Colts and Rams (5-3 in games against other teams). They're not quite an elite team since they're 0-4 against the elite teams, although three of the four losses were by 4 points or less. They barely beat the Colts and Rams and should have lost to the Rams if not for some very helpful officiating. They're above average but not quite elite.

The Browns are average at this point, and that's being generous. Their offense and defense are ranked 22nd and 25th by PFF. I'm giving them an average grade because they're playing better lately having reduced penalties and turnovers while adding Kareem Hunt to the offense.