Steelers MNF

Steelers MNF

• Fins 14-0 early, Fitzmagic for the moment.

I will say this, when the Steelers are on defense, the sound is different. It's like a symphony of pads popping evey play. It's consistently loud. Apart from the secondary, they hit like speeding trucks. I wish the Browns' D had that sound.

Rudolph needs seasoning, he looks like boiled chicken.

I know nobody gives a flying f"""k, and I shoulnn't either, but I hate the announcers. McFarland is over the top. On the 2nd Fin TD, there were 2 missed tackles. He counts three, then 4. Two is bad enough, you don't have to exaggerate. And the other guy is yelling like his hair's on fire.

• Discussion
  • Gameface64 said... (original post) Fins 14-0 early, Fitzmagic for the moment.I will say this, when the Steelers are on defense, the sound is different. It's like a symphony o...

SD:

Your doing way better than me ,the fughggin Browns left me so bent out of shape over their outright stupidity and dumb **** play ,there was no way I could stomach watching the inbred play a tanking team.

Just when you think you've seen every stupid **** possible way to lose a game these Clowns event new ones .

Go Miami

• Steelers wearing down the Dolphins. Miami's best CB out. Rudolph making some nice throws, Dolphins have no pass rush, and I mean none. Juju is legit, and thier other two young WRs look good. Fu&king Steelers, they find WRs like they're picking apples off a tree.

Miami just fumbled. They look Browns-ish.

This post was edited by Gameface64 2 months ago

• James Conner injured his shoulder and left with his arm in a sling. With a second year QB starting the Steelers are dependent on a strong running game. Their second string RB is also out. Could be significant if Conner can't get back soon.

• If I was John Dorsey, I wouldn't be trading any of our CBs, don't care how many extra we have. Steelers passing game is going to be a ****** to deal with soon and in the future. I'm asking Russia to hack their WR scouting database, Vlad owes me a favor.

• Gameface64 said... (original post) Steelers wearing down the Dolphins. Miami's best CB out. Rudolph making some nice throws, Dolphins have no pass rush, and I mean none. Juju ...

I didn't see anything in the game to think we can't kick the Steeler's ****. Of course the way things are going this year we might even find a way for that to happen too. I watched Ftiz and he could care less. He wasn't trying, he was going through the motions. Smiling away regardless of the situation. Both teams are bad. The Steelers are what their win/loss is. They have a couple of 'stars' but the team is bad without Ben. We on the other hand have been our worst enemy from head to toe. Therefore, we should put them both in the win column. The only teams going forward that we have to work hard to beat are the Bills and a rematch with the Ravens. NO justifiable reasons not to finish 9/7 or 8/8 at worst. Anything less is a reason to look hard at Dorsey & Freddie. I don't think the offensive scheme was bad this week but if Freddie can't coach discipline he has to go. We have way to many fundamentals lacking.

This post was edited by hamster 2 months ago

• hamster said... (original post) I didn't see anything in the game to think we can't kick the Steeler's ****. Of course the way things are going this year we might e...

Maybe, but I'm still wary of the Yinzers. Could be an ingrained PTSD effect, but I'm never feel confident against them, especially at Ketchup Field.

Keeping in mind last night was the first time I watched them, and it was against the Dolphins, I still saw a strong foundation to their team. As stated upthread, listen to their games and the sound of their tackling. Nothing but the loud popping of pads every play. Fundamentally sound, they hit hard, they don't miss very often. They've added Minkah Fitzpatrick and Devin Bush. The DL is solid and TJ Watt is dangerous. If we don't clean up our offense, they'll take advantage.

On offense, Connor ended the game with his arm in a sling and Benny Snell and Jalen Samuel also were out. I imagine one or two of those three will be healthy by the time we get to them. I would expect Rudolph to play a little better as he gains experience. And if you saw what I saw last night, he was putting the ball on his WRs even when they were wearing a DB. Really sharp, and between Shuster, Washington and Johnson (Rudolph's college buddy) they've got 3 lanky WRs who can run. Shuster's got great hands, the other two look reasonable reliable at catching. Their TE Vance McDonald is a f'ing horse to bring down.

Underestimate them at our own peril.

• Gameface64 said... (original post) Maybe, but I'm still wary of the Yinzers. Could be an ingrained PTSD effect, but I'm never feel confident against them, especially at ...

I see them actually beating the Browns twice only because they are build fundamentally more sound than we are.

Stout OL and DL.

Running game.

Smart, game-manager QB.

Not a SB team like years past but I could see them still challenging for BAL in the div.

CLE is still 1 year away.

• Gameface64 said... (original post) Maybe, but I'm still wary of the Yinzers. Could be an ingrained PTSD effect, but I'm never feel confident against them, especially at ...

SD:

Browns have played so poorly , they are now 29th in the league in turnover ratio differential at negative 9

while the pats lead the league at plus 17 , , ahead of the inbred who are coming on fast at 10 second in the league.

Anybody who has seen our recent play , and can get butt head cocky over the prospect of penciling in anybody for a win let alone the vampires we can't kill and never die , has been locked in their basement far too long smelling their own beer farts .

The Browns are too cocky ,to arrogant and too f'ukin stoopid ,to get penciled in over anybody in the NFL .

They have earned nothing but ridicule scorn and self inflicted asswhuppins by their own hands .

Edited to add link >

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/turnovers.html

>>>>

SoulDawg

This post was edited by SoulDawg74 2 months ago

• Underestimate them? If we underestimate our top rival after wetting the bed 'again' and 'again' and 'again' this franchise should be blown up. What in the world with our record and disappointments could lead to that? Now could this team shoot themselves in the foot over and over??? Hell yes. This season is living proof. My take is on the talent we have vs them. We are MORE than able to beat them. The Steelers just beat a winless team. One that is tanking for for the draft. They lost to a team we beat. Any offense should shine against the Fins. Any defense should shut them down. Even the commentators were laughing and saying their starters (Miami) would be backups if not practice squad on most teams) Are the Steelers trash? No. They are just not what they were and without Ben average at best imo. We play like a dysfunctional team thats undisciplined. We haven't been cocky (as a team) since we were punched in the face opening game. We are not lacking in talent to be where we are. Dysfunctional and undisciplined can corrected, (will it, is the question). We 'should' beat them and do it soundly. If not, it won't be due to underestimating them, it will be the same ole same ole. Turnovers, penalties and possibly Freddie trying to get cute, rather than run the ball down their throats. Stop going long ball and take mid range over the middle shots. Freddie knows the problem of turnovers, penalties and a lack of discipline. We just don't know how much Freddie is part of it and if he is capable of turning it around.

• hamster said... (original post) Underestimate them? If we underestimate our top rival after wetting the bed 'again' and 'again' and 'again' this fran...

SD:

Don't look now but the inbred are 3-4 to our 2-5 after losing their first three games and their starting QB and having to play the third string backup , for two games after the backup was knocked the Phuck out .

They have 10 first or second round picks starting on defense , and have won and lost as a team back against the wall taking on all comers ,while we have yet to play as a collective unit with but one goal , to date .

Tomlin never lost his team, while Freddie thanks to Dorsey destroying the team chemistry never had this team of arrogant me first selfish asses .

Poppa about called it as a Joke that's been too often all too true.

We're playing a 6th round pick nobody ever heard of .

Pencil in your Victory ,and I guarantee this collection of Numbnuts will allow him to play like he's a future Hall of Famer .

Because that's what we do ,never mind winning , we don't know how not to lose .

We reinvent new methods like its a science .

We're the dumbest bunch of humps ever assembled that weren't a paid practical joke .

Until you get men ready to grow up sac up and take responsibility playing in those uniforms, you'e wasting your money penciling in a girls intramural vs these boys play acting as grown men.

Broncos have no QB, a sieve for an offensive line and average 15.6 per game yet Vegas spotted the Browns as a paltry 1.5 point favorite .

Put the pencils down and recognize ,..............you have no paper.

>>>>>>

SoulDawg

>>>>>

SoulDawg

• SoulDawg74 said... (original post) SD:Don't look now but the inbred are 3-4 to our 2-5 after losing their first three games and their starting QB and having to play the third ...

Denver's offensive line is rated 28th in pass protection by Football Outsiders based on sack percentage. Combine one of the weakest pass blocking lines in the league with a QB who has never taken an NFL snap or played a game in almost four years and there's no excuse for not shutting down this offense which averaged under 16 ppg with Flacco.

However, they run block pretty well, ranking 7th in run blocking, so it's obvious they will try to run the ball, control the clock, minimize the numbers of possessions by each team, and try to win the turnover battle to eke out a win. The Broncos are average in rushing attempts per game and rushing average.

Defensively they rank 3rd behind NE and SF, so scoring on them will not be easy. They're 8th in scoring defense at just under 19 ppg. Everything points to a tight, low scoring game. Avoiding penalties and turnovers will be critical which is bad news for the Browns.

• Now that we're eight weeks in there's enough data to be relevant. Here are the defensive rankings of each team on our schedule based on points allowed per game and how we've done against them.

1. New England, 7.6 ppg. We got 13

2. San Francisco, 11.0 ppg. We got 3.

4. Tennessee, 16.9 ppg. We got 13.

5. Buffalo, 17.4 ppg. Coming up.

8. Denver, 18.9 ppg. Next up.

13. Pittsburgh, 20.7. Two games coming up.

15. LA Rams, 21.8 ppg. We got 13.

16. Baltimore, 22.3 ppg. We got 40.

20. Seahawks, 24.5 ppg. We got 28.

23. Bengals, 26.2 ppg. Two games coming up.

25. NY Jets, 26.4 ppg. We got 23.

29. Arizona, 27.9 ppg. Coming up.

32. Miami, 34 ppg. Coming up.

We've done all right in our three games against defenses ranked 16 through 25. We haven't done well against top-15 defenses. It's been consistent. I'm confident we'll score points in our four games against Cincy, Arizona, and Miami. It's the four games against Buffalo, Denver and Pittsburgh, ranked 5, 8, and 13, that might decide the season. At least we get Buffalo at home while Denver and Pittsburgh are done to their second QB's.

• SoulDawg74 said... (original post) SD:Don't look now but the inbred are 3-4 to our 2-5 after losing their first three games and their starting QB and having to play the third ...

Hate to say it but I see a Steelers sweep this year for all the reasons you mentioned. We do have more talent in a few key areas but their base and methodologies are better, and they have a better coach (Tomlin). THAT SAID, if we play clean, disciplined football and don't screw it up, we should at least split with them and win the home game vs. them.

This post was edited by kosartoslaughter 2 months ago

• Gameface64 said... (original post) Maybe, but I'm still wary of the Yinzers. Could be an ingrained PTSD effect, but I'm never feel confident against them, especially at Ketchup Fi...

Yes, The Steelers will bring their best game, give their all
  • If any team ever needed some easy opponents and a confidence boost, it's this one. Just got to stack a few wins together and get some swag back. Hunt will help the offense quite a bit. Winning breeds winning....or at least that's what I've been told. Get the snowball rolling downhill towards the end of the season. Always want to get hot right before the playoffs. Hahahah, crazy talk, yeah? My prediction, the team does get on a winning streak, but collapses in a key contest, probably the last game to miss the playoffs or the first playoff game if somehow they get to that.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? No kids, not yet. How much longer, how much longer? We don't have a signal, so google maps ain't saying. Just drink your beers and be quiet. We'll get there eventually.....{if we don't get crushed by a TCE semi first}. Oh stop crying....I was just kidding {maybe}.

This post was edited by Gameface64 2 months ago

• Gameface64 said... (original post) If any team ever needed some easy opponents and a confidence boost, it's this one. Just got to stack a few wins together and get some swag ...

Haha, funny thing is in the beginning I was ready for the season to start, now I'm ready for it to be over.

Things are starting to go sideways. All the Fire Freddie talk, Dorsey's off season moves, Baker's picks and just s****y play has the outside noise so loud the players can no longer ignore it.

Baker walking out during a media session today, regardless of reason, isn't going to make it any better. Everyone is under pressure to win. The fact that the expectations were WAY out of wack doesn't matter now. This train is about to jump the track. The wheels are off the bandwagon, jump for your lives.

• Dang, you're like a ray of sunshine Poppa. ; - )

• Gameface64 said... (original post) If any team ever needed some easy opponents and a confidence boost, it's this one. Just got to stack a few wins together and get some swag ...

If they play very well and win in Denver, everyone will be back aboard the wagon. Bills would be a test at home though.

Steelers losing their RBs is huge.

• What would be disappointing is a sloppy, halfassed win like we had vs the Jets. That sh''t didn't carry over, because we should have dragged them by 30 pts. Strangely, the really good win against the Ravens didn't carry over either, and getting bent over and humiliated by the 49ers pretty much set the confidence levels back to minus 20.

Keeps pointing back to a lack of leadership on both sides of the ball, because the talent is there for once.

• Gameface64 said... (original post) Dang, you're like a ray of sunshine Poppa. ; - )

SD:

Yeah the last sliver of light before they drive home the final coffin nail :)

• Remember the good old "Runaway Train" days?

• poppa9601 said... (original post) Haha, funny thing is in the beginning I was ready for the season to start, now I'm ready for it to be over.Things are starting to go sideway...

SD:

To Games point Garret is no Bosa or Chase Young, while Shoe or any of our linebackers for that matter couldn’t even make the 49 er roster unless you count Wilson maybe playing special teams .

So I’m not gonna zing Bakes for having a pulse , the skitso offensive philosophy and OBJ have precluded him from playing well and building on the platform he laid last year, never mind he didn’t do that extra to improve on his weaknesses and become more advanced due to such a lousy QB coach and his new priorities of marriage and brand building which contributed to his retaliation , Dorsey gummed up the works usurping his crown by ffirst dumping his security blanket in Zeitler then adding this me first space cadet who was more concerned about giving Brady a stinking goat shoe than catching balls by his own QB

Instead of the leadership voice coming from your QB the undertone monologue by those who can’t even spell leadership let alone orchestrate it have ruled the day.

That’s been the problem , but enough of the excuses , either these guys are gonna get tired of having their dumb asses handed to them and play some ball and beat a team they should wallop like the Donkeys or this thing could fall completely apart like a bomb and shred this team and season right on TV for all too see .

Time to man up and ball the whiny victim ****** act done got old .

Nobody gives a Rats **** , so go beat the ***** outta somebody win or lose..

Quit all that fckn talking and start taxing that ****

>>>>>>

SoulDawg

• This week's game is huge. The Broncos are averaging under 16 ppg with Flacco at QB; now they have a 6th round pick that has never thrown an NFL pass and whose last real game was nearly four years ago at the University of Arkansas. He has played in some NFL exhibition games.

The Browns should not allow the Broncos to score more than 10 points. Offensively the Browns will continue to be challenged as the Broncos' defense ranks 8th in ppg and both Landry and OBJ were limited at practice Weds.

However, the Broncos have allowed 30 points to KC, 27 to Green Bay, 26 to Jax, and 24 to Oakland. They can be scored on.

If we win this one we're in pretty good shape with Hunt returning next week. If we lose the season is basically over. The pressure is on the offense, which scored 13 on the Patriots, more than five other teams they've played. The Browns need to put 17 on the board against the Broncos and that should do it. The Broncos are giving up about 19 ppg.

• PROSECUTOR said... (original post) This week's game is huge. The Broncos are averaging under 16 ppg with Flacco at QB; now they have a 6th round pick that has never thrown an ...

Bet the under!

Broncos will try to run clock and keep the Baker Show off the field.

We can run blitz on the way to the QB. Their run game is ok. The biggest challenge is not beating ourselves.