This Belichick guy is pretty good.

This Belichick guy is pretty good.

• OT: I know it's not Browns, but I was looking at Pats vids on YouTube and this came up. This Belichick guy is pretty good.

It's all about communication, trust and getting buy-in from players. He gave his assistants freedom to coach their units. BB started in 1979 with the Giants under Ray Perkins. They slowly built their team over the years (Carson, Banks, then LT, Reasons).

That is why I preach patience with this rebuild and to allow 1-2 drafts to fill up what we have. We have pieces to work with; we just aren't ready yet this year. It may be off by 1 year.

I also would like to see the Browns use a 3-4 front on occasion, even though I'm a 4-3 guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFfVf-7Itg

• Discussion
  • PEople were posting the rats are going to run over the patriots since chubb was able to gain yards.

Pats are going to throw up a wall against the ravens and make the raven throw passes me thinks. Belichick called this defense the best he’s ever coached. They are capable of shutting down the pass and the run.

Chubb is a great back but you cant beat anyone in the nfl running when you are down. Browns played into the patriots hands because the passing game sucks and the browns found it easier to run the ball. And the patriots let it go on cause they wanted to run clock.

• kosartoslaughter said... (original post) OT: I know it's not Browns, but I was looking at Pats vids on YouTube and this came up. This Belichick guy is pretty good.It's a...

Bill Belichick is a football genius of geniuses without a doubt. I'm more of a 4-3 guy also, I think that as Romo said during the Browns-Pats broadcast last week that part of the reason they don't have a DC in NE is that Bill knows his system so well by now that he's got the entire playbook memorized, and can tell whoever his "playcaller" is what he wants and they get it done. Who knows if that's actually how it goes down, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Remember his 683-word answer on punt formations during a presser? It wasn't a struggle for him at all, because as Romo suggested, it really probably is all memorized in his noggin. Minus the probably.

• lukedawg12 said... (original post) Bill Belichick is a football genius of geniuses without a doubt. I'm more of a 4-3 guy also, I think that as Romo said during the Browns-Pa...

I have a decent memory and grasp a few things in life but BB is insanely gifted. He could run a Fortune 500 company if he had to.

• One of if not the best of all time. What makes him the best isn't one scheme or the other its everything. He can interchange QBs when he has to and he keeps winning. His roster turns over all the time and he keeps winning. His drafting is as good as any. He adapts to each and every team weekly. Makes adjustments throughout the games. He demands discipline and gets it from his players. They execute or they are gone. Not afraid to take on a problem child or get rid of one. He has a formula for his core players and its proven successful. So with that all said, yeah he is pretty good.

• The talk of "patience with the rebuild" is all well and good and correct. But if nothing else, the BB example underscores that along with "patience" should also come provable progress. Being patient with incompetence and an inherently bad power structure is simply a waste of time. Still too early to tell if we have such. But if you find out that's what you have, it's then time to hit the re-set button rather than circle the drain "patiently".