I know we need OL

I know we need OL

• But, if our homerun OL isn't there, Id go:

1)I. Simmons

2)Epenesa

3)Delpit

• Discussion
  • Agreed. Simmons seems like an elite Swiss army knife that our defense desperately needs. He'd solve the Browns forever inability to cover tight ends.

• I’d do Derrick Brown before Epenesa. Guy is a perfect fit next to Richardson

• Won’t we lose OV to salary. Epenesa could nice.

• The beautiful thing about Simmons is you can disguise him in the defense because he can do so many things. He can cover TE, slot, spy Lamar Jackson, defend the run... I think he is the perfect player for what we need on D

• I like the idea of trading a mid round pick this year and next year for Trent Williams, then signing a RT like a bulogna from Green Bay. Then we can take Simmons. Simmons would be great against Lamar Jackson for the future.

• Simmons v Delpit tonight

• SCredhawk said... (original post)I’d do Derrick Brown before Epenesa. Guy is a perfect fit next to Richardson

Agree if the o line goes high and brown slides he completes our fearsome 4. I think the defensive line is the closest to having a top unit. I push that advantage if i can

• The trouble is, , more than likely one of the top 3 OT's will be there. I am hoping for Wirffs myself

• Hopefully, the Browns will do what Buffalo did...bring in three or four FA/trade OL with zone skills, let them compete with the players already on the roster and then add one in the draft; that way, you can create a starting line and a solid group of players who are very adaptable to plug in when the inevitable injuries occur.

The defense needs more talent at DL, LB and S and, it's easier to draft those guys and have them contribute early than it is to add OL who usually need to get bigger, stronger and more savvy...before they can really contribute, unless of course, there's another Joe Thomas out there.

Gifted big , physical, fast, powerful guys who can rush the passer, defend the pass and help stop the run go very quickly and the Browns defense is definitely in need of some more of them!

• BuckNutBrowns said... (original post)I like the idea of trading a mid round pick this year and next year for Trent Williams, then signing a RT like a bulogna from Green Bay. Then ...

Didn't they turn down numerous offers of second round picks last year, holding out for a #1? Why would all of they take a couple of mid-round picks?

If you want Trent Williams, you have to cough up a one, period.

• Does Philly release Jason Peters after drafting his replacement? He still wants to play. I'd still draft top OT if one is available at 10 but you can give him a year to develop.

• ANGDawg said... (original post)Didn't they turn down numerous offers of second round picks last year, holding out for a #1? Why would all of they take a couple of mid-round p...

They didn't have him at all last year, he has made it very clear that he will not play for that organization again since they misdiagnosed his brain tumors. Plus they have a new front office who is not attached to him and might just want to get something for him. Missing a year lowered his value.

• ANGDawg said... (original post)Didn't they turn down numerous offers of second round picks last year, holding out for a #1? Why would all of they take a couple of mid-round p...

That’s cool if that’s your opinion. Last year the organization held all the leverage. Not trading him at the deadline took away a lot of leverage. Now he’s a 30+ year old OT who didn’t play last year, says he’s never playing for your franchise again, and it’s one of the deepest and best OT draft classes in a decade. Plus it’s a new front office that probably will just want a clean break. If they keep the same stance as last year, when there were no takers, then — based on everything I just said — he will be ok the team again, not playing, and they will get nothing for him.

• I am 100% on the OT in the 1st train and I don't really see anything in FA that can knock me off that stance. I'm actually leaning towards OT in the first 2 rounds.

• mortdogsr said... (original post)Hopefully, the Browns will do what Buffalo did...bring in three or four FA/trade OL with zone skills, let them compete with the players already on ...

At this point in time, I can see nothing that would keep me from agreeing with you wholeheartedly.

• If he's there at 10, and he was in the last CBS mock, its Simmons, Simmons, Simmons for me. We haven't had a true play maker in the middle of the field in my lifetime.

• NTRPRZ said... (original post)If he's there at 10, and he was in the last CBS mock, its Simmons, Simmons, Simmons for me. We haven't had a true play maker in the middle ...

Would love to have him, but then you're left with 2nd and 3rd tier OTs. And FA looks pretty bleak even before some of the bigger names likely get resigned by their teams. Priority #1 has to be Baker's protection. I still say OT in the 1st and 2nd. Get the best pair you can find and have it fixed for the long term.

• Dorsey traded some picks for guys that really couldn’t play, I believe it was Lamm? We could have used them to trade up higher in the second rd if we pass on an OT in the first.

I know we’re missing a 5th, anything else?