Senior Bowl Week - The real fun begins!

Senior Bowl Week - The real fun begins!

• There are Senior Bowl Practices Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, with the Game on Saturday.

There are currently 59 players on the North squad and 60 players on the South squad. (There is always the chance that I miss counted.)

Since nothing has happened yet, some members can add to this message, by continuing this thread by reviewing the rosters and guess which players participating might be first or second day draft choice candidates.

There are a variety of sources to provide the rosters. I found one listing the players North and South, primarily by their position group, but, their jersey numbers were unavailable at this source. I did not look at the Senior Bowl site, which probably provides a variety of options for rostered players.

Browns fans will probably be most interested in the offensive and defensive practices, since three offensive line positions and all defensive line positions are areas of interest.

The secondary and linebackers as well as tight end, might be the second area of most interest, throwing in a fullback or two.

If members were to review a variety of sources there are a few preview articles about the 2020 Senior Bowl.

I will miss Phil Savage, he is no longer associated with the Senior Bowl.

Pat Kirwan and company on Sirius Moving the Chains afternoon, early evening provides some nice coverage, if a member was driving or used a radio or computer at home. There is also a phone connect I would imagine.

Historically, there are some 5 to 10 first round seniors, a few of the best senior decline. I have heard Burrows, QB, LSU, declined this past week. Other members can list those others if they want. The second, third, fourth and fifth have many more Senior Bowl players. The first round of the draft is dominated by underclassmen, usually, about 20+ per year. The official underclassmen list is soon to be published some sites mention tomorrow. The current number is about 115 or 116 underclassmen, with the NFL to release the official list tomorrow.

The Cleveland Browns have the following picks of interest to me - 10, 41, 74, 91 and about 110 guess. I did take a little time and look up on the NFL.com projected Compensatory Picks. It probably was not NFL.com, but, the source listed teams and what they projected as their picks. I was surprised that there were 11 third round picks listed. Too many in my opinion, since the 1st fourth round pick would be 108, which would put Cleveland's 4th round pick around 117th or 118th. Cleveland was one of the many teams that did not have a compensatory pick in 2020.

Enjoy this weeks practices and the Senior Bowl game. I believe this is the last practice that involves one on one competition. It will be interesting to track new members added to the North and South squads during the week.

• Discussion
  • I can't comment too much on the Senior Bowl practice today, yet. They are doing playbacks of the Sunday playoff games. There is some practice shown. 8pm tonight is a summary show for today's practices on NFL Network.

Tony Pauline and company are providing some nice coverage of the Senior Bowl - Pro Football Network. There is also the Senior Bowl home page.

We know there is good depth at OT and WR in this draft. Throughout this week, considering the amount of coverage, we should determine the other strong areas of this draft as well as the weaknesses.

• Game time 2:30

• Cleveland Browns
    Austin Edwards, DE, Ferris State (EW)
    Carter O'Donnell, OT, Alberta (EW)
    Michael Pinckney, OLB, Miami (EW)
    Giovanni Ricci, TE, Western Michigan (EW)
    Casey Toohill, OLB, Stanford (EW)

Players that we visited with at Senior Bowl, according to Walterfootball.

• Sorry it was from East West Shrine game