American Assassin

American Assassin

• New movie to be released in mid-September, screen version of the 1st "Mitch Rapp" novel series by Vince Flynn. The series is about a clandestine American counter-terrorism team that is trained and led by the character Stan Hurley, played by Michael Keaton. The feet-on-the-ground badass force of the group is the character Mitch Rapp, played by Dylan O'Brien.

The series is 17 novels in length and chronological, which makes it really nice for following the character growth of the counter-terrorism team, especially Rapp. I got the first novel American Assassin around 3 years ago and soon as I finished it I got every book in the series. One of the most compelling novel series and fascinating main character that I've read. It will immediately suck you in and keep you thoroughly entertained.

Curious if anyone else has read any of the series, what your thoughts are, and your opinion of Dylan O'Brien, who I know next to nothing about? The casting of Michael Keaton is a genius move, can't wait to see him on the screen.

This is one of those novel series that makes you feel good to be an American, tough good guys kicking terrorism in the nads. You'll be engrossed if you give it a shot. Can't wait for the movie.

• Discussion
  • Saw the trailer for it before the Dark Tower. It looks pretty good.

• It does look pretty good, saw it before Spiderman Homecoming

• JalapenoJoe said... (original post)

New movie to be released in mid-September, screen version of the 1st "Mitch Rapp" novel series by Vince Flynn. The series is about a clandestine American counter-terrorism team that is trained and led by the character Stan Hurley, played by Michael Keaton. The feet-on-the-ground badass force of the group is the character Mitch Rapp, played by Dylan O'Brien.

The series is 17 novels in length and chronological, which makes it really nice for following the character growth of the counter-terrorism team, especially Rapp. I got the first novel American Assassin around 3 years ago and soon as I finished it I got every book in the series. One of the most compelling novel series and fascinating main character that I've read. It will immediately suck you in and keep you thoroughly entertained.

Curious if anyone else has read any of the series, what your thoughts are, and your opinion of Dylan O'Brien, who I know next to nothing about? The casting of Michael Keaton is a genius move, can't wait to see him on the screen.

This is one of those novel series that makes you feel good to be an American, tough good guys kicking terrorism in the nads. You'll be engrossed if you give it a shot. Can't wait for the movie.

Dylan O'Brien is gonna be a big attraction in the movies. He seems to be able to handle any type of emotion or character.
    Saw him in the MTV series Teen Wolf and his break out role in the Maze Runner movies.
    Looking forward to seeing him in American Assassin. The previews look great.