nintendo switch

nintendo switch

• So, my kids have started asking for one and I've debated it even before they asked, but does anyone here have any advice on it?

Is it worth another system?  If yes, what are the best games? 

It seems pretty cool, but I don't need a gimmickgaming system.

SBD

• Discussion
  • Personally Nintendo's content has really fallen off in the last 10 years. Their gaming systems has some cool features but their constraints on 3rd party software leaves you with their mediocre homegrown stuff. Outside of the Mario cart series I'm nota fan of any of their stuff, and Mario cart is only fun with a group for a few minutes at a time. 

• I have one and really like it. It does not have a giant library at the moment but Zelda, Breath of the Wild and Mario Cart 8 deluxe are really good games. Also love that it can seamlessly go from handheld to tv mode. My only recommendation is that if youplan on using it as a console (tv usage) buy the pro controller.

• I guess I should add a few more things. It does have online gaming available. It is free right now but it is pretty basic. No chat, not a lot off app content. But it works well in online play.
    Me and my daughter play Mario Cart online, and love it.
    Also, it is much less if a gimmick then other Nintendo systems. Not as powerful as PlayStation 4 or Xbox 1, but I have not seen it limit the games I have played.
    I have recommended it to 2 friends and they both love the system.
    Hope this helps you!

• shanebrowndawg wrote: So, my kids have started asking for one and I've debated it even before they asked, but does anyone here have any advice on it?

Is it worth another system?  If yes, what are the best games? 

It seems pretty cool, but I don't need a gimmick gaming system.

SBD

I'm an adult gamer who favors Xbox but grew up with Nintendo Nostalgia and feel the Switch is going to be a solid system.

It's selling at a fast rate and they cant keep up with the demand at the moment.  They had a very solid E3 conference announcing and demoing some big name games.  

I wont consider it a gimmick system.  It's already proving to be more successful thanWiiU.  

I'm getting ready to go out of town for 2 weeks and will be bringing it with me.

• My son has the Switch and loves it. He has Mario cart 8 and Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. I actually peek when he plays Zelda. Looks like a cool game.

• Its a great system. My wife and I both have an account on the switch and we play Zelda and Mario Kart. We recently bought a pro controller, they are a must have as the joy cons can be wonky if the dock is obstructed in any way.