Rectify

Rectify

• I highly recommend this. One of the best shows I have ever seen and it now has all four seasons available on Netflix Details. It was originally a Sundance TV creation.

Just a deep drama and character development type of show that keeps you on edge the entire time.

Rectify Wiki

Rectify is an American television drama series exploring the life of a man after he is released from prison after nearly 20 years on death row following a wrongful conviction. It was created by Ray McKinnon and is the first original series from SundanceTV. It stars Aden YoungAbigail SpencerJ. Smith-CameronAdelaide ClemensClayne Crawford, and Luke Kirby,[2] and premiered on April 22, 2013 with a first season run of six episodes.[2]

A second season of ten episodes, premiered on June 19, 2014.[3][4] A third season of six episodes premiered on July 9, 2015.[5] A fourth and final season premiered on October 26, 2016.[6][7][8]

• Discussion
  • I watched it all and really liked it. Sometimes it's slow where you just watch people living their lives, but overall enjoyable.

• Really depressing show really.
    Acting is outstanding, story is really a downer. The step brother is one real m-fer

• JackTBurton wrote: Really depressing show really.
    Acting is outstanding, story is really a downer. The step brother is one real m-fer

Did you watch all four seasons? The step brother (Teddy) was one of myfavorite characters. I thought the writers did a great job of turning him into a likable guy by show's end after starting off as someone you wanted to punch in the nuts. He clearly grew up -- even to the point of becoming a bit of a sympathetic character.

That is probably what I liked about the show the most -- the character development. That, and the lingering "whodunnit" question helps during the slow periods. The hypnotism is also pretty realistic rather than the usual stupid portrayal of it inmovies and TV.

I also thought the relationship with the parents was good stuff. 

• MoggSquad wrote:

I watched it all and really liked it. Sometimes it's slow where you just watch people living their lives, but overall enjoyable.

I thought they did a good job of showing what it would be like for someone in Daniel's shoes trying to assimilate back into society.

• Yup.
    Watched it. Didn't care for the ending but it provided some closure.
    Acting was outstanding.
    It was an odd show but I appreciated it.
    I actually started a thread about his show a while back - but no one watched it - lol

mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1774&t=11704100

---------------------------------------------
    --- Earthedice wrote:

JackTBurton wrote: Really depressing show really.

Did you watch all four seasons? The step brother (Teddy) was one of my favorite characters. I thought the writers did a great job of turning him into a likable guy by show's end after starting off as someone you wanted to punch in the nuts. He clearly grew up -- even to the point of becoming a bit of a sympathetic character.

That is probably what I liked about the show the most -- the character development. That, and the lingering "whodunnit" question helps during the slow periods. The hypnotism is also pretty realistic rather than the usual stupid portrayal of it in movies and TV.

• JackTBurton wrote:

Yup.
    Acting was outstanding.
    I actually started a thread about his show a while back - but no one watched it - lol

--- Earthedice wrote:

Did you watch all four seasons? The step brother (Teddy) was one of my favorite characters. I thought the writers did a great job of turning him into a likable guy by show's end after starting off as someone you wanted to punch in the nuts. He clearly grew up -- even to the point of becoming a bit of a sympathetic character.

That is probably what I liked about the show the most -- the character development. That, and the lingering "whodunnit" question helps during the slow periods. The hypnotism is also pretty realistic rather than the usual stupid portrayalof it in movies and TV.

Missed your original post about it. Great show although I have noticed a trend lately of Netflix originals going to shit. This was a Sundance original but the Netflix originals are starting to resemble Hollyweird.

• Netflix has some different shows.
    Marvel ones are outstanding
    Stranger things was lights out.
    But they seem to have this liking for those supernatural/mystical/sci fi types.
    Hated oA, hated it.
    Loved sens8
    Then the show with time travel with will from will and grace was really cool.
    I like Netflix show as a whole.
    Hulu has some too.

--- Earthedice wrote:

JackTBurton wrote:

Yup.
    Acting was outstanding.

--- Earthedice wrote:

That is probably what I liked about the show the most -- the character development. That, and the lingering "whodunnit" question helps during the slow periods. The hypnotism is also pretty realistic rather than the usual stupid portrayal of it in movies and TV.

Missed your original post about it. Great show although I have noticed a trend lately of Netflix originals going to shit. This was a Sundance original but the Netflix originals are starting to resemble Hollyweird.