Walking dead

Walking dead

• Anyone watching this snoozer?
    I am now openly rooting for the zombies and whatever wicked bad guy they concoct that is pure evil and in charge to oft this entire group of whiny, sobbing survivorers.

Note: yes I have read the comics as well....

• Discussion
  • Best thing they did was kill Andrea last year..... only to make everyone equally annoying this year.

Ditto Herschel. The weekly fireside chats between he and Rick were extremely annoying. I understand the need to show the humanity element but they go a bit overboard.

I found the best episodes this season were of the Governor and his trek back to the prison.

• I appreciate character development episodes but damnit man, that's all this second half has been....
    Annoying. The amount of stupid these folks habitually display leaves me little hope for humanity in the event of a real zombie apocolapse - lol!

• JackTBurton wrote: I appreciate character development episodes but damnit man, that's all this second half has been....
    Annoying. The amount of stupid these folks habitually display leaves me little hope forhumanity in the event of a real zombie apocolapse - lol!
    If you want to talk little hope for humanity.... watch The Following.

Seriously, the level of stupidity shown on a week to week basis by what are supposed to be some of the best and brightest in the FBI is ridiculous. Like Super Troopers on steroids. I could write a 500 word essay on how much that show pisses me off. Unwatchable imo.

As for the Walking Dead, last weeks episode was puzzling. A group of 3, is a group of 2, is a person of 1. Although they circled back together for dramatic effect, under no circumstances would anyone disband like that when you are all alone in the world. It's just not believable.
  • Lol! My wife watches it. Dumb.
    So let me get this straight Kevin bacon - you have the entire FBI backing you for reinforcement but you aren't goin to tell anyone where you are going. What you are doing and never call for back up.
    He's another guy that needs to go....

As far as wd - Christ - have a plan? "If something goes bad we need to meet up at X"

---------------------------------------------
    --- ViolentByDesign wrote:

JackTBurton wrote: I appreciate character development episodes but damnit man, that's all this second half has been....
    Annoying. The amount of stupid these folks habitually display leaves me little hope for humanity in the event of a real zombie apocolapse - lol!If you want to talk little hope for humanity.... watch The Following.

Seriously, the level of stupidity shown on a week to week basis by what are supposed to be some of the best and brightest in the FBI is ridiculous. Like Super Troopers on steroids. I could write a 500 word essay on how much that show pisses me off. Unwatchable imo.

As for the Walking Dead, last weeks episode was puzzling. A group of 3, is a group of 2, is a person of 1. Although they circled back together for dramatic effect, under no circumstances would anyone disband like that when you are all alone in the world. It's just not believable.

• Until the final 20 minutes of last night, I was about to give up. My wife and I had a baby back in Sept, so from Oct to Dec. we watched the first three seasons during the nightly feedings and we were hooked, watching them 1 episode a week sucks, esp whennothing good happens. Let's hope the final two episodes are like the last twenty minutes of last night.

• Hope so....if terminus is what I beleive it to be via the comics the bad guy their makes the gov look like a Sunday school teacher.

Show just flat out aggregates me - the train tunnel next week. Would you go through it or around it?
    Betcha theygo through it....

Congrats on the little one. We have a 1 year old, 4 year and 17 year old - lol!
    --- jdailey23 wrote:

Until the final 20 minutes of last night, I was about to give up. My wife and I had a baby back in Sept, so from Oct to Dec. we watched the first three seasons during the nightly feedings and we were hooked, watching them 1 episode a week sucks, esp when nothing good happens. Let's hope the final two episodes are like the last twenty minutes of last night.

• good age gap.

Is this the cannibals I've heard before??

• ---------------------------------------------
    --- jdailey23 wrote:

good age gap.

Is this the cannibals I've heard before??

Spoiler(potentially):
    Cannibals I beleive are the ones that kidnapped the girl and possibly the guys who were in the house where Rick was at. I think or if I had to guess...

Neagin is all unto himself. I beleive he will be the baddie at terminus (Alexandria in the comics) if these lumps ever get in gear and move somewhere...

Yeah - age gap is nice. We are young for high school parents! When our folks show up for their high school things they think they are the parents. It's kind of funny
  • Guess the season finale is supposed to be savage with an cliffhanger of an ending.

• They wanna build up the characters so u care about them when they croak, as long as Daryl and Rick survive, I'm good.

• I am at the point I don't care who lives and who gets whacked.
    As long as something happens.
    Likely Darryl joined the group that rick killed the dude in the house, irony would be if they are tracking michone and rick, only thing that makes sense toreunite those two floating out there in zombieland obscurity, it's the only plot device I can think of bring them together. The other hapless wanderers seem to be heading in the right direction

I just want something to happen. Heading into a train tunnel is beyond comprehension of dumb even for this show.
    Anyways if terminus is alexadria in the comics we are in for some sick stuff. But this half season has sucked so far....
    I will say the best part of rick not being on tv is his kid isn't either....
    --- 1AngryELF wrote:

Guess the season finale is supposed to be savage with an cliffhanger of an ending.

• Terminus= would have to be our cannibals is my guess....that seemed pretty obvious, "let's get you something to eat".....
    Guys with Darryl(hunters) became intersting....looking for rick hmmm.
    And Andrew Lincoln is making his first appearance on the talking dead.
    Normally that's the kiss of death for a character - literally, think they wax him?
    (I am a bit of a nerd - lol- I saw Lennie Morgan is credited in next weeks finale - black guy from season 1 and last year crazy guy with the guns).
    Hopefully the finale bails out this snoozer season.

• JackTBurton wrote: Terminus= would have to be our cannibals is my guess....that seemed pretty obvious, "let's get you something to eat".....
    Guys with Darryl(hunters) became intersting....looking for rick hmmm.
    And Andrew Lincoln is making his first appearance on the talking dead.
    Normally that's the kiss of death for a character - literally, think they wax him?
    (I am a bit of a nerd - lol- I saw Lennie Morgan is credited in next weeks finale - black guy from season 1 and last year crazy guy with the guns).
    Hopefully the finale bails out this snoozer season.
    Really like Lennie James as Morgan. Have always enjoyed his work (Snatch is one of my favs) and he was particularly good on LowWinter Sun this past year. Nice catch on that credit. Has me very intrigued for next week.

All the peeps in my office are die-hard fans of Walking Dead. Any criticism of the show and they get real defensive. Reminds me of Sons fans lol.  Def hoping for a better season next year.

The cannibalism story line would be a welcome element for the upcoming season. I find the lowest depths of humanity more terrifying than the walkers.
  • I love the zombie genre.  I've been a devoted follower of the show...  but I think I'm done now.

I've got about 4 backed up on the DVR.  I started watching one of them and it was brutal.  Forced drama between the kid and Mishon (sp).  Bad writing and bad acting (in that scene). 

Seems like 55 minutes of soap opera that no one cares about and 5 minutes of action.

So sad but I guess that's what they have to do to get ratings on main stream TV.  Guess I'll go back and re-read the comics.

• It's been slow since they left the prison but middle through it, curious where they take it.
    I have a theory on how this shakes out Sunday.....

Spoiler/theory - read at your own risk....
    Darryl's group run into rick/Carl/michone - big fight ensues and rick is left for "dead".
    Darryl claims michone and Carl (too much was alluded to that) and Darryl's new group is much, much smaller due to the fight. Joe takes a liking to Carl - they all head to terminus.

Terminus is the "hunters" to those familiar. Joes group may not be affiliated as they didn't eat the dead dude so I think it's going to be intersting....

Rick meets up and is nursed back to health by the priest and his peeps (comic fans) and next season he's the Calvary thatsaves our friends from the cannibals....

Nagin is coming. Just probably not until the second half of next season.

--- GratefulDawg19 wrote:

I love the zombie genre.  I've been a devoted follower of the show...  but I think I'm done now.

I've got about 4 backed up on the DVR.  I started watching one of them and it was brutal.  Forced drama between the kid and Mishon (sp).  Bad writing and bad acting (in that scene). 

Seems like 55 minutes of soap opera that no one cares about and 5 minutes of action.

So sad but I guess that's what they have to do to get ratings on main stream TV.  Guess I'll go back and re-read the comics.

• JackTBurton wrote: It's been slow since they left the prison but middle through it, curious where they take it.

Darryl's group run into rick/Carl/michone - big fight ensues and rick is left for "dead".
    Darryl claims michone and Carl (too much was alluded to that) and Darryl's new group is much, much smaller due to the fight. Joe takes a liking to Carl -they all head to terminus.

Terminus is the "hunters" to those familiar. Joes group may not be affiliated as they didn't eat the dead dude so I think it's going to be intersting....

Rick meets up and is nursed back to health by the priest and his peeps (comic fans) and next season he's the Calvary that saves our friends from the cannibals....

I love the zombie genre.  I've been a devoted follower of the show...  but I think I'm done now.

Read an article advocating Ray Stevenson to play Negan. Titus Pullo is still one of my all time favorite characters. Would be awesome IMO.

Interesting theory on next weeks episode. I could see something similar to that play out.
  • Stevenson would be great.

Be funny if they cosolidated Gabriel stokes into Morgan (Lennie James) and Morgan is the "priest" who now has a congregation and the uhhhh surplus of guns and weapons....
    --- ViolentByDesign wrote:

JackTBurton wrote: It's been slow since they left the prison but middle through it, curious where they take it.

Darryl claims michone and Carl (too much was alluded to that) and Darryl's new group is much, much smaller due to the fight. Joe takes a liking to Carl - they all head to terminus.

Rick meets up and is nursed back to health by the priest and his peeps (comic fans) and next season he's the Calvary that saves our friends from the cannibals....

---------------------------------------------Read an article advocating Ray Stevenson to play Negan. Titus Pullo is still one of my all time favorite characters. Would be awesomeIMO.

Interesting theory on next weeks episode. I could see something similar to that play out.

• Anyone notice the sweater that lady was wearing who was at Terminus? Looked like Beth's??

--- jdailey23 wrote:

Anyone notice the sweater that lady was wearing who was at Terminus? Looked like Beth's??

Got me to look. It doesn't appear so. Maybe though....
    Beth - poof - into the night. Hope she isn't going to be the main course for our weary travlers.
    The only part of the boring part of the season I semi enjoyed was her and Daryl.
  • While I am not sure that Beth is on the grill, I am pretty certain that someone is on the menu.  Beth is likely somewhere on the premises as Terminus and the well-stocked, clean mortuary house seem like a perfect trap.

--- Paladin3 wrote:

While I am not sure that Beth is on the grill, I am pretty certain that someone is on the menu.  Beth is likely somewhere on the premises as Terminus and the well-stocked, clean mortuary house seem like a perfect trap.

Agree with all...I don't think Beth would be killed offscreen.
    Agree that she was taken by the cannibals and that was a trap house.

And human ison the menu
  • No talk of the finale?? Thought it was decent, what are those people doing in the building when Rick and crew walk in? Whats the purpose of putting them all in a rail car? Where is Beth, she wasn't in the rail car....

• jdailey23 wrote: No talk of the finale?? Thought it was decent, what are those people doing in the building when Rick and crew walk in? Whats the purpose of putting them all in a rail car? Where is Beth, she wasn't in the rail car....
    Problems with the finale- Why did Rick expose himself when seeing the watch? Why not take a step back and gather info vice backing yourself into a corner?

Irritated the hell out me that it was clear the shooterswere only aiming at the feet forcing the group into the direction they wanted them to go. Rick is smarter than that. His final line was boss though.

All in all I thought it was a good episode and after a lackluster season I like the direction the show is heading. I just get frustrated when show runners force main characters to make choices they clearly would never make.
  • I loved the finale.
    Yes - going to terminus as a group (one should have gone in) - but there has to be one walking dead idiot move or it isn't the walking dead.
    Loved we got bad ass rick back, instead of the pussed out hershel version.

When he noticed the poncho and riot gear. Loved it.
    And the final line - these folks in terminus are going to get a cup of kick ass served up....
    They are cannibals. But they are a large group who is no where near the violent fighters our heroes are theyjust bait folks in, probably drug the food and ship them to the trailer....
    That's what rocked. Rick realized that his group is actually a collection of bad asses.
    I am sure some folks will be whacked. But I expect our guys to burn terminus to the ground and head to DC

• JackTBurton wrote: I loved the finale.
    Yes - going to terminus as a group (one should have gone in) - but there has to be one walking dead idiot move or it isn't the walking dead.
    Loved we got bad ass rick back, instead of the pussed out hershel version.

When he noticed the poncho and riot gear. Loved it.
    And the final line - these folks in terminus are going to get a cup of kick ass served up....
    They are cannibals. But theyare a large group who is no where near the violent fighters our heroes are they just bait folks in, probably drug the food and ship them to the trailer....
    That's what rocked. Rick realized that his group is actually a collection of bad asses.
    I amsure some folks will be whacked. But I expect our guys to burn terminus to the ground and head to DC
    Those flashbacks were a cruel reminder of Rick and Hershel's heart to hearts. Those will not be missed. I do agree about the bone-headed moves even though they are frustrating.

As long as Rick and Daryl remain alive I think most fans will be forgiving with characters dying off. To tell the truth, I'm starting to find the Glen and Maggie dynamic annoying.