Walking dead

Walking dead

• I love Jeffery Dean Morgan.
    He has the chops for negan. I hate this god like quality they have pitted him with.
    In the comics he is a bad ass but he has facets.
    Which they don't have or allow him.
    This season has been steaming garbage.
    This finale better have me creaming my shorts because based on the finale last year and the last chance I am ok this season I will be watching this on binge going forward way down the road.
    Give me something, that's all I ask.

---------------------------------------------
    --- Earthedice wrote:

I am literally fast forwarding through DVR'd episodes now with this show. I can't stand the slow ass story lines with some of the women characters as the focal point (not being sexist it could be if they were a man too).

Negan is a phenomenal character but they are not using him in the right way by procrastinating on the eventual war. Not to mention many, many people could have taken him out by now if we are being realistic. Guy walks around with a bat and has an ass the size of bull hamster's. 

The whole zombie thing has just gotten too easy to read. They can kill them most of the time without blinking but all of a sudden they are in situations where we are supposed tobe worried they will get bit. Just kind of done with the show at this point, it has run its course for me with the exception of one last victory over Negan. I have resigned myself to accepting they can shoot a zombie in the head from twenty feet anytime they want, man woman or child. 

On, and the tiger thing is ******* stupidity at its finest. People can barely eat and yet we are to believe they can afford to feed a semi-tamed tiger. That, and nobody on the show should be fat let alone above scrawny with the exception of maybe Negan and some of his crew (but the irony of that is he can eat whatever he wants and is built like a bulimic model.)

• Finale blew imo.
    Just didn't like it.
    You saw the double cross from when they introduced them.
    The writing was horrible.
    The one liners from Jeffery Dean Morgan were horrible.
    On a grading scale I give it a D+

• Agree completely. All build up no pay off.
    JackTBurton wrote: Finale blew imo.
    Just didn't like it.
    You saw the double cross from when they introduced them.
    The writing was horrible.
    The one liners from Jeffery Dean Morgan were horrible.
    On a grading scale I give it a D+

• Maybe I haven't been watching close enough, but isn't there just one gate in & out of Alexandria?
    How did the Kingdom and Maggie's group just show up unannounced?

Great timing by the tiger. I am sure the King has him trained only to attack Saviors.

My wife an I have been making fun of the way the "Junkyard" people talk. Kind of B movie post-apocalyptic.

• Show has officially jumped the shark. 

Later Walking Dead, you had a nice run for awhile.

• I've been pretty disappointed with this entire season and the finale was no exception.

My wife stopped watching earlier this year and I'm not sure I will tune in next season unless I hear it's back to old form.

Too many other good shows outthere.  Can't wait for Season 2 of Preacher.

• I am watching the tiger walk casually with Ezekiel and his peeps - like what the **** are they feeding the tiger? That horse looked pretty yummy to him I am sure.
    And goes from house cat to murdering predator?
    And you know what? That wasn't even the stupidest part of the finale.

Yes - one way in. Unnoticed and armed.
    Again shitty

"Lay with him?" Or whatever she said.
    Wtf was that? The writing is bad enough, they don't need to have them talking so f ing weird.

What was conceptually a show about human nature, keeping family together in the survival of the Extinction of the human race and the good and bad of civilization was fascinating and entertaining.
    It's morphed into a B movie.
    I am checking out on this show, if I am bored I will catch up but it was so disappointing over the course of the entire season.
    I wanted the whisperers to show up and gut everyone and get all over with...
    --- rirey20 wrote:

Maybe I haven't been watching close enough, but isn't there just one gate in & out of Alexandria?
    How did the Kingdom and Maggie's group just show up unannounced?

Great timing by the tiger. I am sure the King has him trained only to attack Saviors.

My wife an I have been making fun of the way the "Junkyard" people talk. Kind of B movie post-apocalyptic.

• That was me two seasons ago.
    Haven't seen an episode since.
    Judging by these comments, I chose wisely.

• I'm disappointed after last seasons cliff hanger to be rewarded with such a crappy season.
    This season seemed like it had no direction. It was the worst season by far when with a little creativity it could have been the best. I am looking forward to seeing a zombie tiger next season lol

• I still like the show and will keep watching
    But I think they are ruining it the way they are going
    To much slow pace to develop a story arcwhich would be fine
    But they only got 8 shows 16 for the season but if they are gonna go into that much detail they need more shows
    I dont any less the 20 would do it
    And maybe kill the mid season break

The other thing is the Negan Character
    WTF!?!?! are they doing?
    This guy is supposed to be a bad ass for crying out loud
    HIs dialog is nasty which is cool
    But you got Jeffery Dean Morgan who is a good actor playing the part like a puss
    He is supposed to be menacing and nasty and he sounds like it 
    But his body language is STUPID
    The stupid azz leaning backwards everytime he says something and the bobbinng and weaving artound his ankles
    What the heck are they doing to this character
    He was scary ass hell during the first 2 shows he was in now I dont even want to look at him and I think Jeffery Dean Morgan is normally a really good actor

• The 1st half of this season seemed like filler episodes to me. The last 2 minutes of the mid-season finally was a huge surprise though. I wonder how that plays out.

• Carl dies.
    That's how it plays out.
    This show is done with me on the care scale.
    Yes - I watch it.
    But what was a compelling narrative on family, survival and how far will one go to protect the ones they love have jumped the shark.
    So the savior's got out? Rallied all their troops and guns?
    I like Jeffery Dean Morgan, I really do, but I hate the cartoonish Negan, so little depth, this constant back and forth has been ridiculous.
    Rick has become the bad guy Imo, I get it, but it just has become boring and I care so little about characters whom I once did...

• Obviously Carl dies. I believe he will have a epic one and there will be a chain reaction of events. Rick is gonna lose it. Hopefully there will be no more filler episodes the 2nd half. The show still has lots of potential but overall it has gotten weaken as everything is drug out. I'm looking forward to the end of Eugene more than anyone.

• JackTBurton said... (original post)

Carl dies.

That's how it plays out.

This show is done with me on the care scale.

Yes - I watch it.

But what was a compelling narrative on family, survival and how far will one go to protect the ones they love have jumped the shark.

So the savior's got out? Rallied all their troops and guns?

I like Jeffery Dean Morgan, I really do, but I hate the cartoonish Negan, so little depth, this constant back and forth has been ridiculous.

Rick has become the bad guy Imo, I get it, but it just has become boring and I care so little about characters whom I once did...

This part of the story line has been milked for everything that it's worth.

Like you, I have little to no care for this show but I still watch it.

• I am this close to just giving up all together.
    This show seems be stuck in a bad place and can't figure out what to do.
    Villians are boring.
    They made what was once interesting characters and their narratives compelling card board and boring.

I vote for the government to nuke the whole country and start new in this show.
    It's getting pretty terrible

• So my prediction for next sunday: Negan shows up to wipe out the hilltop, the mermaids come to help, the big show down begins and low and behold the bullets eugene is making do not work.

When he told father gabriel to follow his exact orders i think that was code to sabotage the rounds. Has anyone tested any of the rounds? When eugene went out to test them i think it was a way to get out and think.

• ejester said... (original post)

So my prediction for next sunday: Negan shows up to wipe out the hilltop, the mermaids come to help, the big show down begins and low and behold the bullets eugene is making do not work.

When he told father gabriel to follow his exact orders i think that was code to sabotage the rounds. Has anyone tested any of the rounds? When eugene went out to test them i think it was a way to get out and think.

That's a interesting theory.

I hope Eugene gets bit pretty quickly. I don't want to wait 6 months for his demise. This season has been pretty awful. They will no doubt leave us hanging until next season as far as the Rick vs Negan showdown. Still will watch the show so much time already invested. Sorta like the Browns

• I am at the point where I believe it's time to put Rick down and have negan pull a heel to face turn.
    Show is literally awful
    I hate watch it.
    Now the interesting thing is jadis and the helicopter, were the trash people government/military?
    I mean did you see how her apartment looked?
    Anyway, looking forward to fear the walking dead more

• no i had no spoilers! The sad thing is i usually am just immersed in the show and not really thinking about what is going to happen or read into it......the show is getting too predictable. I wonder how much of the fan base is left seems still popular, but im with you guys, its no longer must see, just something to fill sundays without football.

I am looking forward to fear as well

• Seriously?!?!?!?!
    They left Negan alive
    WTF?!?!?!?!

• It's official
    Lauren Cohan (Maggie) is going to part time, only on 6 episodes I believe and Andrew Lincoln (Rick) is exiting the show in 2018, rumor is he will be in only 8 episodes
    Now on paper it may appear the show is gone now but it could actually breathe new life in this scripted nonsense

• JackTBurton said... (original post)

It's official

Lauren Cohan (Maggie) is going to part time, only on 6 episodes I believe and Andrew Lincoln (Rick) is exiting the show in 2018, rumor is he will be in only 8 episodes

Now on paper it may appear the show is gone now but it could actually breathe new life in this scripted nonsense

Do they do that in the comics?

• JJG said... (original post)

Do they do that in the comics?

Rick is still alive in the comics.
    But they have deviated so much.
    Maggie did leave though, went back with the baby to herschels farm.

• I think the show is pretty much done with Rick leaving, frankly it's ran it's course however the whisperers (new group who are pretty much the best vilians the show has conjured up) who wear the faces of the dead as masks to blend in with herds and are sociopaths - not a meglomaniac such as negan who will be the new leader eventually imo if the show makes that is - but casted Samantha Morton as Alpha and the best goonie no 2 in tv history imo Ryan Hurst (Opie from SOA) as her enforcer Beta.
    Pretty interesting group of bad guys, curious how they handle the potential "rape/sexual assualt" punishment/torture she uses in the comic books (for those who read it) in the current climate with entertainment as it is a pretty important aspect of the story line

And fear the walking dead has lost me a little although I do like some of the new casting but it's a completely new, different and confusing show all on it's own.

This post was edited by JackTBurton 2 years ago