Cleveland Cavaliers @ Miami Heat-11-20-19-GAME THREAD

Cleveland Cavaliers @ Miami Heat-11-20-19-GAME THREAD

• I don't know about this game. The Heat have looked pretty good this year.

• Discussion
  • They're 5-0 at home and their average margin of victory is 17.5 points; best in the Association. Tristan Thompson is sitting this one out. The Cavs are going to get blown out with Ante starting for TT. Love is back but Nance is questionable - I doubt he plays in a game they have no chance of winning.

Yeah, the Heat are really good, especially in Miami, where the Cavs haven't won in years.

• Down 27 at the half and allowed 75 first half points. Yikes

• Those lottery balls are piling up.;.....

• Starting to wonder if the Cavs should have drafted Tyler Herro instead of Garland. Herro went #13 to Miami. He's averaging 14.0 ppg while shooting 46.2% from the field and 40% on 3's. Watching him play against the Cavs twice in a week I was really impressed. He's a phenominal shooter. Most of his 3-point shots didn't even hit the rim.

One game he scored 29 points in 30 minutes against the Hawks. He's still 19 years old.

Garland is shooting 33.8% overall and 29.6% on 3's. He and Herro were born six days apart.

• PROSECUTOR said... (original post) Starting to wonder if the Cavs should have drafted Tyler Herro instead of Garland. Herro went #13 to Miami. He's averaging 14.0 ppg while s...

I'm starting to wonder about Garland. However, it is very early and the dude is I think 19 years old, hell, he can't even drink legally yet. So, I'm going to cut him some slack and give him time. That's one thing the Cavs do have, is time.

• Kerrfor3 said... (original post) I'm starting to wonder about Garland. However, it is very early and the dude is I think 19 years old, hell, he can't even drink legally ...

Good thing I can drink legally. But, yeah, I'm going to cut him some slack, too, based on his age and almost zero college experience. He's more like a kid that got drafted straight out of high school and who hasn't played much basketball in the last year. He looks comfortable on the court - he just needs time to figure out what he can and can't do at this level. Like when he gets to the rim he needs to pass the ball if there are any bigs lurking in the immediate vicinity.

• I think Garland was the right pick because the Cavs really didn’t view Sexton as a true PG and JB didn’t have a problem running a small backcourt out there in games! But this upcoming draft will center on a rim protector or a big (6’5-6’6) SG