David Blatt, former Cavs head coach, diagnosed with MS

David Blatt, former Cavs head coach, diagnosed with MS

• Former Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.

In a statement posted Monday on the website of Greek club Olympiakos, Blatt said he was diagnosed with condition, which attacks the central nervous system, “a few months ago” and has experienced fatigue, weakness in his legs and balance problems.

“I am a coach and my job is to lead and teach and inspire a lot of people. Not being as agile or active doesn’t affect my ability to do those things,” Blatt said in the statement.

More at link:

https://fox8.com/2019/08/19/former-cleveland-coach-david-blatt-diagnosed-with-ms/amp/

• Discussion
  • I wish some young team would have given him another chance in the NBA, I was curious to see what he could do without a polarizing Super Star breathing down his neck.
    He was a rookie NBA Coach and it showed. He made Rookie mistakes. I think after a couple season he would have cleaned up those mistakes and would have done a solid job. We all knew it was never going to work for him in Cleveland once LBJ decided to come back.

• revjj said... (original post)

I wish some young team would have given him another chance in the NBA, I was ...

Sad to hear about Blatt.....
    As for coaching I think it’s clear what the league thinks about his ability to coach at this level seeing as though he can’t even get an assistant job in the NBA. I just don’t think he’s NBA HC material! I do hope somebody gives him an assistant job so he can “learn” the pro game.