Indiana Pacers @ Cleveland Cavaliers-10-26-19-Game Thread

Indiana Pacers @ Cleveland Cavaliers-10-26-19-Game Thread

• This is the Cavs home opener. Has anyone been in the arena since the remodel? I haven't been in there yet, but I heard it's pretty nice.

• Discussion
  • No Oladipo or Lamb for the Pacers but still a nice win for the Cavs. Beilein gets his first win, TT hits his first 3-pointer, Porter gets his first bucket, and the Cavs get their first win of the season. They also held the Pacers to 99 points as the defense continues to be vastly improved over last year, at least if the first two games are any indication.

TT with a monster game. He's primed for a career season as he plays for his next contract. I've never seen his offensive game anywhere near where it is now and the rebounding is still there. He looks lighter and quicker than in the past. He was an incredible +23 in 35 minutes. He was helped by some amazing passes by Garland and Love.

The starters were impressive - Garland kept blowing me away with his passing and that stop-and-go move he has in the paint. He stepped up with a huge 3-pointer late in the 4th to stop the Pacer's final charge.

Love was vintage Love and looked like he was having a good time out there, just missing a triple/double with 21/13/9. Clarkson bounced back with 15 points in 18 minutes. Delly is now 0-for-8 on 3's.

Defensively the Cavs held the Pacers to 44.7% and forced 17 turnovers. Offensively they forced 27 fouls. All the Pacers starters except Brogdon were between -13 and -17. They destroyed Indiana on the glass 44-30, including 12 offensive rebounds. They even had seven blocked shots, something we never saw last year.

And they're only going to get better, at least until somebody gets hurt or traded. It was only one win, but suddenly this season is looking a lot better than it did a few days ago.

This post was edited by PROSECUTOR 2 months ago

• Please tell me that court and those uni's are just a one time thing and not the everyday home court and home uni's. Those colors were bad enough the first time around 25 years ago.

• HeresCharlieRose said... (original post) Please tell me that court and those uni's are just a one time thing and not the everyday home court and home uni's. Those colors ...

I enjoy seeing the throwback unis every now and then. If the Cavs play like they did last night they can wear whatever they want AFAIC.

• PROSECUTOR said... (original post) I enjoy seeing the throwback unis every now and then. If the Cavs play like they did last night they can wear whatever they want AFAIC.

I had a credit card in those same Cavs colors back in the day.