Kevin Durant sinks Cavs, hopes in Game 3 of NBA Finals

Kevin Durant sinks Cavs, hopes in Game 3 of NBA Finals

• Discussion
  • This title stinks ...... screw kd screw warriors screw stephanie’s mother on the tv ...

• Which one player would you need to move from the Warriors to the Cavs to make this a fair series? KD? Steph? Can you go down to Klay or Draymond? Or would it just take the right role player?

• hockeyman88 said... (original post)

Which one player would you need to move from the Warriors to the Cavs to make this a fair series? KD? Steph? Can you go down to Klay or Draymond? Or would it just take the right role player?

Paul George would do the trick to off set KD.

But with Gilbert playing fast and loose with his Front Office I do not see who could pull that off.

LeBron is in the same situation as 2010, Gilbert has failed him yet, again. Allowing Kyrie to leave while

still under contract and not renewing Griffin. How one owner could screw up so badly when he has the

best player in the league. Wow. Oh wait this is Cleveland we had fArt as well to act as mentor to Dan.

• TpostDawg said... (original post)

Paul George would do the trick to off set KD.

But with Gilbert playing fast and loose with his Front Office I do not see who could pull that off.

LeBron is in the same situation as 2010, Gilbert has failed him yet, again. Allowing Kyrie to leave while

still under contract and not renewing Griffin. How one owner could screw up so badly when he has the

best player in the league. Wow. Oh wait this is Cleveland we had fArt as well to act as mentor to Dan.

If Paul wants to leave OKC offer them the #8 pick in a sign and trade deal - obviously only if LBJ is staying.

• CB1971 said... (original post)

If Paul wants to leave OKC offer them the #8 pick in a sign and trade deal - obviously only if LBJ is staying.

• BrownsFan1313 said... (original post)

Would Lebron really want to deal with that clown Lavar Ball? I wouldn't.

• The Warriors have 3 or 4 HOFers. All they need is for one of them to go off and the rest to even just be average any given night. LeBron can go off every night (and he does) but then it's his motley crew vs. the rest of their HOFers. Anyone expecting a different result is crazy.

• I'd like to see LeBron make a deal with George. Come to Cleveland (on a smaller deal) for one year, then I'll go to LA with you to close out my career.

I imagine that would make just about everyone happy. Me included.

This post was edited by OldDirtyBob 1 year ago

• That bomb Durant dropped as the shot clock wound down was from Ashtabula, good Lord.

Still cannot wrap my head around why the refs allowed Green to verbally abuse them and did nothing.

• JCOSU86 said... (original post)

Or have to go through Golden State, Portland, Houston, Minnesota, OKC and San Antonio just to get back to the finals. Even with Paul George they could get bumped out in the second round. If Lebron leaves and gets knocked out before the NBA finals at age 35, talk about a blow to your legacy. His call, obviously, but I don't see any guarantees going to the west.

• joeturkeyj said... (original post)

That bomb Durant dropped as the shot clock wound down was from Ashtabula, good Lord.

Still cannot wrap my head around why the refs allowed Green to verbally abuse them and did nothing.

I watched that those tantrums and figure they (the refs) had their marching orders from the league office. The NBA has become almost un-watchable because of this crap. If LBJ leaves Cleveland, I'll stop watching NBA games (again).

As for the notion that Gilbert or anyone else has been in charge of acquiring (or trading) talent without LBJ's input, or even insistence: I'm not buying it.

• Writerdawg said... (original post)

I watched that those tantrums and figure they (the refs) had their marching orders from the league office. The NBA has become almost un-watchable because of this crap. If LBJ leaves Cleveland, I'll stop watching NBA games (again).

As for the notion that Gilbert or anyone else has been in charge of acquiring (or trading) talent without LBJ's input, or even insistence: I'm not buying it.

You would think that the League would want a 7-game series to generate $ and revenue, but your scenario seems more likely: The NBA wants to punish CLE.

• schafrath said... (original post)

Or have to go through Golden State, Portland, Houston, Minnesota, OKC and San Antonio just to get back to the finals. Even with Paul George they could get bumped out in the second round. If Lebron leaves and gets knocked out before the NBA finals at age 35, talk about a blow to your legacy. His call, obviously, but I don't see any guarantees going to the west.

He's better off staying in the East, but not with the Cavaliers, if he wants to win another championship, and that's just being honest.

The Cavaliers are cash strapped, and no team in the league is taking the junk contracts they are paying some of these guys. The chances the Cavaliers can improve dramatically with their cap situation is almost zero.

If Lebron wants to win, his best chance would probably be to go to the Sixers. And even then, he would be in a dogfight with the Celtics.

But I don't see a scenario where he stays in Cleveland.

• Writerdawg said... (original post)

Green got a technical, after that, he can say what he wants.

There were bad calls on both sides last night.

• Durant is a big candy ass sellout. I hope he gets a case of the crabs.

• I hear ya about the sixers, but how does he fit with Simmons there? What would the offense look like? It makes sense maybe financially and on the surface, but if you look at it on the court, I don't know...

I could see Lebron gathering up George and maybe another guy and heading to the Lakers. But yeah, the west is loaded. There goes the finals streak, probably.

He's got a tough choice.

• FestivusRules said... (original post)

I hear ya about the sixers, but how does he fit with Simmons there? What would the offense look like? It makes sense maybe financially and on the surface, but if you look at it on the court, I don't know...

I could see Lebron gathering up George and maybe another guy and heading to the Lakers. But yeah, the west is loaded. There goes the finals streak, probably.

He's got a tough choice.

I think the problem he has is the Cavaliers are an old team, and they are cash strapped. He goes to the Sixers, who are the second youngest team in the NBA, then he has options not only cap wise, but also in trades that can be made.

The Cavaliers don't have any players that are attractive in trade, and no youth to get better either.

• schafrath said... (original post)

No matter what it is an odd look for one of the greatest to join a 3rd team to try to get another ring. Shaq is the only all timer I can think of when he joined the Heat. And he was already on the decline.

• Ament said... (original post)

No matter what it is an odd look for one of the greatest to join a 3rd team to try to get another ring. Shaq is the only all timer I can think of when he joined the Heat. And he was already on the decline.

Tons of guys have played for 3 or more teams...

It was just about the timing of when they did it. Most didn't jump around when they were the best player in the NBA trying to win more titles. Most were on the decline and shuffled around hoping to latch on to a ring... not lead a team to it.

This post was edited by ohiosundevils 1 year ago

• ohiosundevils said... (original post)

Tons of guys have played for 3 or more teams...

It was just about the timing of when they did it. Most didn't jump around when they were the best player in the NBA trying to win more titles. Most were on the decline and shuffled around hoping to latch on to a ring... not lead a team to it.

That's what I am talking about. All time players. Top 10 guys leaving 2 different teams while still at the top of their game. Not ring chasing at the tail end of their career. Ring chasing while still the top guy in the game. That is what would make him with such an odd career. This would actually be his 3rd jump while a top guy as well.

• Cleveland can't play defense. It has been a problem since LeBron came back. They need a couple of guys that can defend.

• hockeyman88 said... (original post)

Which one player would you need to move from the Warriors to the Cavs to make this a fair series? KD? Steph? Can you go down to Klay or Draymond? Or would it just take the right role player?

None. Just take the coattail riding, all-time beta in Durant off that team and Cavs win or at least have a split after 4 meetings. If this was the actual Cavs v. Warriors, less some minimal tweaks, from the first two finals, that's what would have been fun to watch and extremely competitive.

• sotneb said... (original post)

Cleveland can't play defense. It has been a problem since LeBron came back. They need a couple of guys that can defend.

I thought Clarkson and Green were pretty good defensively. The problem is that they were giving you little on offense G1-2 Clarkson and 2-3 Green. And Clarkson wouldn’t stop shooting jumpers despite the terrible results.

For the most part none of the Cavs besides Love and James see double teams, yet half of the supporting guys still badly struggle to score.

This post was edited by Ole1Sock 1 year ago

• FestivusRules said... (original post)

I hear ya about the sixers, but how does he fit with Simmons there? What would the offense look like? It makes sense maybe financially and on the surface, but if you look at it on the court, I don't know...

He's got a tough choice.

Simmons can’t shoot and wouldn’t fit great next to LeBron. Their skills kind of duplicate. But he’s a great trade piece. Can you imagine Kawhi/LeBron/Embiid? That with the role players they have and maybe another FA add could win a ring

• JCOSU86 said... (original post)

You don't think if Lebron wanted him gone he wouldn't be gone?