Kevin Durant sinks Cavs, hopes in Game 3 of NBA Finals

Kevin Durant sinks Cavs, hopes in Game 3 of NBA Finals

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)

I thought Clarkson and Green were pretty good defensively. The problem is that they were giving you little on offense G1-2 Clarkson and 2-3 Green. And Clarkson wouldn’t stop shooting jumpers despite the terrible results.

For the most part none of the Cavs besides Love and James see double teams, yet half of the supporting guys still badly struggle to score.

They can't outscore their subpar defense vs Golden State.

• sotneb said... (original post)

They can't outscore their subpar defense vs Golden State.

Golden State is a really difficult team to defend. The Cavaliers have made defensive errors (a dozen slip screen rolls to the front of the rim), but I would not characterize their defense as being subpar. The difficulty of shots Curry hit in game 2 and Durant hit in Game 3 were incredible and frustrating.

• TpostDawg said... (original post)

Paul George would do the trick to off set KD.

But with Gilbert playing fast and loose with his Front Office I do not see who could pull that off.

LeBron is in the same situation as 2010, Gilbert has failed him yet, again. Allowing Kyrie to leave while

still under contract and not renewing Griffin. How one owner could screw up so badly when he has the

best player in the league. Wow. Oh wait this is Cleveland we had fArt as well to act as mentor to Dan.

The Cavs screwed up the Irving trade . Plain and simple . As far as David griffin , he is the main reason we have who we have around lebron .

We had a ton of draft capital to surround lebron with long and athletic players back in 2014. Instead we traded first round picks to keep Anderson varejao traded two first round picks for mosgov
    One for Channing Frye and one for korver .

We traded for slower one dimensional players .

Obviously the Celtics hit it big with Tatum and brown but they target big athletic players that are multi dimensional.

David griffin rushed the process and we are lucky we got the the championship in 2016 because it took amazing efforts by two hall of famers and had very little to do with griffin

Griffin planned on playing the spurs for years to come . Golden state emerged and griffin never adjusted

This post was edited by butchfan 2 years ago

• butchfan said... (original post)

The Cavs screwed up the Irving trade . Plain and simple . As far as David griffin , he is the main reason we have who we have around lebron .

We had a ton of draft capital to surround lebron with long and athletic players back in 2014. Instead we traded first round picks to keep Anderson varejao traded two first round picks for mosgov

Obviously the Celtics hit it big with Tatum and brown but they target big athletic players that are multi dimensional.

David griffin rushed the process and we are lucky we got the the championship in 2016 because it took amazing efforts by two hall of famers and had very little to do with griffin

Griffin planned on playing the spurs for years to come . Golden state emerged and griffin never adjusted

I don't agree with all of this... but I do agree that Griffin is overrated and gets "propped up" in the eyes of fans because A) LeBron dragged us back from 3-1 for a title and B) He wasn't the one that had to deal with trading Kyrie Irving so he can second guess it to his hearts content in the media.

Griffin was good. He was a nice guy.

He's not nearly as good as people seem to think he was.

Yep. And Chris Grant drafted Anthony Bennett #1 in 2013. Victor Oladipo went 2nd...

This is actually quite ridiculous.

1) Rushed the process? You just were able to land a 30 year old LeBron James. You think he was coming here to win in 2 years?

2) You're comparing what Boston got twice at #3 overall in Brown and Tatum to the late first round picks we traded away? Late first round picks are lottery tickets, nothing more. You're calling that a "ton of draft capital"? Besides, even if the later first round picks defied the odds and panned out, they would be panning out around now.

3) Mozgov was essential to rebuilding a defense that got us to finals #1, a finals we would have won had Love and Kyrie not gone down.

4) Frye and Korver were big for us and outplayed what we would have gotten out of a 20 year old rookie taken #30 overall.

5) What "long and athletic" veteran players were we going to get for the draft picks we had?

6) Griffin pulled off highway robbery getting Smith, Shumpert, and Mozgov for what he did. Smith was huge for us before the large contract. Mozgov completely turned the defense around in year one. From the time we signed LeBron everyone knew it was about the next 4-5 years. Your mortgage whatever of the future you have to to win as much as possible while LeBron is in his prime. Period. It took perhaps the greatest team every assembled to stop us from winning 3 titles in 4 years. OIC.

• Wouldn’t be mad if their starting 5 all blew a knee tomorrow

• Man, in many ways, the decisions Grant made after the first title are the "killer". When you go to Sportrac and see how long we are paying some of these already trending down players big bucks......wow. JR 2 more years @ $15 million, TT 2 more years at $18 million.....now you also have George Hill at $18m then $19m plus KLove at $24m then $25m?

Love is the only one remotely marketable. Clarkson ain't cheap. They need to pray Korver retires with his $7.5m for 2 more years. Hell even Clarkson is $12m and $13m.

If Altman finds a way to keep Lebron and get out of this? He should be the next President of these here United States.

I mean how in the wide world of sports are you going to get a team to do a sign and trade on a Paul George for anything we have?

No expiring contracts. A couple million in trade exceptions. Of course, the only way KD ended up in GS was to take below market for a couple years.

The only thing the Cavs have going for them, is they are the only team that will be able to offer him $50 million a year when he is 39 with the 5 year super max at $205 million versus other teams 4 years $152m.

• OKC-George probably gone and with him they couldn't get past Utah
    San Antonio- Put a fork in them. They are not anything special...Duncan is gone and Parker and Ginobli are 100. Where is Leonard's head at?
    New Orleans-They have Davis and a couple of solid role players..not enough.
    Minnesota and Portland? LMAO
    Houston-Could they keep a roster intact and can he and Harden coexist?
    Going to the West is not a major roadblock for Lebron.....he has to face Golden State eventually so once they're out of the way the last series will be easy. Just like in the East, which ever team Lebron goes to in the West if that's what he decides will be the team with the best chance to knock off the Golden Girls...just the same as it would be if he stays in the East.

Bread

Bread

• I think Bron will resign with the Cavs on a 1 year deal or a 2 year deal with option to opt out after 1st year.

• NTRPRZ said... (original post)

Man, in many ways, the decisions Grant made after the first title are the "killer". When you go to Sportrac and see how long we are paying some of these already trending down players big bucks......wow. JR 2 more years @ $15 million, TT 2 more years at $18 million.....now you also have George Hill at $18m then $19m plus KLove at $24m then $25m?

Love is the only one remotely marketable. Clarkson ain't cheap. They need to pray Korver retires with his $7.5m for 2 more years. Hell even Clarkson is $12m and $13m.

If Altman finds a way to keep Lebron and get out of this? He should be the next President of these here United States.

I mean how in the wide world of sports are you going to get a team to do a sign and trade on a Paul George for anything we have?

No expiring contracts. A couple million in trade exceptions. Of course, the only way KD ended up in GS was to take below market for a couple years.

The only thing the Cavs have going for them, is they are the only team that will be able to offer him $50 million a year when he is 39 with the 5 year super max at $205 million versus other teams 4 years $152m.

Korver is marketable as well since he's a sharpshooter. If LeBron goes to Philly, I could see them trying to get Korver to replace Reddick, who they will have to lose to sign LeBron. Kevin Love has a player option after this year, so he could be an expiring which could have value. Hill would also be a good veteran presence to some younger teams trying to take a step forward. Even TT could have some value to a team like Houston, who is about to lose Capella, so they might be interested since TT plays his best ball in the playoffs.

I don't know what they can get back for these guys, but it would be mostly about shedding salary to start a rebuild.

Golden State is a really difficult team to defend. The Cavaliers have made defensive errors (a dozen slip screen rolls to the front of the rim), but I would not characterize their defense as being subpar. The difficulty of shots Curry hit in game 2 and Durant hit in Game 3 were incredible and frustrating.

The Cavaliers are DUMB, STUPID and LAZY. The Cavs in three seasons have YET to learn how to defend the P&R. JR and LBJ CONSTANTLY get beat back door because they are always turning their head and forgetting the Cardinal Rule on man to man defense.....position yourself so you can see YOUR MAN AND THE BALL. JR is the biggest problem. Throughout the playoffs I have watched him back pedaling on defense with the man with the ball in front of him. The guy with the ball looks left as though he's going to pass it and JR just takes off to guard the wing player WHO DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE BALL allowing the man with the ball to continue to the basket for a layup or pull for a three ball. STUUUUUUUUUUUUUPID!!! Hey JR.....THE MOST IMPORTANT MAN ON THE FLOOR IS THE MAN ((((WITH))))) THE BALL!

This post was edited by blkmagic00 2 years ago

• JayDawg1313 said... (original post)

Korver is marketable as well since he's a sharpshooter. If LeBron goes to Philly, I could see them trying to get Korver to replace Reddick, who they will have to lose to sign LeBron. Kevin Love has a player option after this year, so he could be an expiring which could have value. Hill would also be a good veteran presence to some younger teams trying to take a step forward. Even TT could have some value to a team like Houston, who is about to lose Capella, so they might be interested since TT plays his best ball in the playoffs.

I don't know what they can get back for these guys, but it would be mostly about shedding salary to start a rebuild.

I was talking more in terms of having players marketable to ADD and keep Lebron. Yes, if Lebron goes they can dump for picks and stuff. I just don't see the Philly thing, not enough shooters, but guess they could rebuild on the fly. Will be an interesting offseason, which probably starts Friday.

You would think the Cavs would have a plan. No way they can expect Lebron to come back here and play 47 minutes a night again with this crew. Remember that whole idea of a bench, second unit, and Lebron playing limited minutes at the start of the season?

Seems like an eternity ago.

• blkmagic00 said... (original post)

The Cavaliers are DUMB, STUPID and LAZY. The Cavs in three seasons have YET to learn how to defend the P&R. JR and LBJ CONSTANTLY get beat back door because they are always turning their head and forgetting the Cardinal Rule on man to man defense.....position yourself so you can see YOUR MAN AND THE BALL. JR is the biggest problem. Throughout the playoffs I have watched him back pedaling on defense with the man with the ball in front of him. The guy with the ball looks left as though he's going to pass it and JR just takes off to guard the wing player WHO DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE BALL allowing the man with the ball to continue to the basket for a layup or pull for a three ball. STUUUUUUUUUUUUUPID!!! Hey JR.....THE MOST IMPORTANT MAN ON THE FLOOR IS THE MAN ((((WITH))))) THE BALL!

Stop capitalizing random words. How many years do I need to tell you this. It’s dumb. I get it’s your thing. Stop.

• Tracy48 said... (original post)

I think Bron will resign with the Cavs on a 1 year deal or a 2 year deal with option to opt out after 1st year.

And if I were Gilbert I would say "See Ya!"

No more one year deals or two year deals with the second year being an opt out one (that's basically a 1 year deal).

If I'm Gilbert LBJ either signs a 3, 4 or 5 year deal or he can keep it moving. No more leaving this team AND city flapping in the wind because he "hasn't decided" what he's going to do yet. Nope! Commit to at least a 3 year so the Cavs KNOW what direction to go as far as building this team

• blkmagic00 said... (original post)

Yes, JR has made too many mistakes this Finals. Probably all playoffs but magnified in the Finals.

• NTRPRZ said... (original post)

Man, in many ways, the decisions Grant made after the first title are the "killer". When you go to Sportrac and see how long we are paying some of these already trending down players big bucks......wow. JR 2 more years @ $15 million, TT 2 more years at $18 million.....now you also have George Hill at $18m then $19m plus KLove at $24m then $25m?

That was Griffin. We wouldn’t have won a title if Grant were still GM.

That was Griffin. We wouldn’t have won a title if Grant were still GM.

And Griffin is now the front runner for the 76ers GM job. The stars are aligning for LeBron to be a Sixer.

• ohiosundevils said... (original post)

Stop capitalizing random words. How many years do I need to tell you this. It’s dumb. I get it’s your thing. Stop.

Yeah it's MY THING.

Look.....I'm not on here cussing, calling people names and being disrespectful like a lot of people do. So if the only thing you have to put up is the CAPS in my post......deal with it! Or there is an ignore button. USE IT!

This post was edited by blkmagic00 2 years ago