Pick the number of games the Cavs win this year.

Pick the number of games the Cavs win this year.

• buckoff10 said... (original post) He also discussed the plan for Sexton eventually coming off the bench as a 6th man. My guess is that would be after Clarkson is moved.

So who's starting next to Garland with Clarkson traded and Sexton coming off the bench? Porter? He's progressing, but has a ways to go.

Actually, if you buy the theory that in a year or so Garland will be a better point guard than Sexton (which is realistic) and that Porter will be a better 2 than Sexton (possible since he's taller, just as athletic, and better at finishing at the rim and at playing D) then Sexton would project as the backup 2 in the Lou Williams/Jordan Clarkson role.

Which makes Delly the backup PG, Cedi and Windler at the 3, Nance and Love at the 4, and whoever we draft with our top 10 pick at the 5, assuming we also trade TT. We would also be getting a lot in exchange for Clarkson and TT, but whether those are current or future players remains to be seen.

• Just thought it was a good idea to bring this thread up again.

• My pick of 19 may end up being a little low but I knew how bad this team was. The problem is the NBA tankathon has started, the Pistons are doing their damnedest to do an O fer for the rest of the year so we had better quit trying to win or our draft position will be endangered. The Pistons have a home game against the Warriors in March, if they lose that they have a shot at our 27 game loss streak. A G league team would have a shot against them right now.

This post was edited by dms1964 11 months ago

• I originally thought we'd get around 20 wins. Then the season started and we had 4 or 5 wins in the first 10 games. So I figured they might surprise us. So I bumped my guess up to around 30 wins. I should of known better. I've been a Cleveland fan for a long time.

• revjj said... (original post)I originally thought we'd get around 20 wins. Then the season started and we had 4 or 5 wins in the first 10 games. So I figured they might surpr...

I remember the first time LBJ left the team started 3-4 or 4-5 and people were thinking we are not so bad, maybe we can still sneak into the playoffs. Then reality struck. The real NBA season is Thanksgiving to March. Anything before then teams are still getting into shape and trying out different things. Anything after that is confused by some teams trying to lose while others are resting players for the playoffs.

• revjj said... (original post)I originally thought we'd get around 20 wins. Then the season started and we had 4 or 5 wins in the first 10 games. So I figured they might surpr...

Same for me - I was fooled by them winning 4 of the first 9.

15 wins in the book with 26 games to play. The schedule looks pretty tough and there are 14 road games. I'm thinking they go something like 8-18 the rest of the way to finish with 23 wins. They're actually pretty healthy right now and they have the new HC so it's all systems go.